***Young Americans Soccer thread***
82,462 Views | 730 Replies
Rudyjax
6:38p, 7/26/19
Pretty sure this says a lot about the MLS versus Europe.

Pahdz
6:48p, 7/26/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Except it doesn't. No one is arguing this and with his talent it's absolutely the right call. His father's status in the US soccer history books is irrelevant.
Rudyjax
6:51p, 7/26/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

Except it doesn't. No one is arguing this and with his talent it's absolutely the right call. His father's status in the US soccer history books is irrelevant.

Ummm. "With his talent". "Right call" That also says everything about the MLS.

Not sure what you're missing.
OregonAggie
7:01p, 7/26/19
In reply to Rudyjax
That's just a tweet to stir a pot that literally no one really stirs. Europe is absolutely where we all want our players playing because the leagues are stronger. I think that's a known fact.
Pahdz
7:10p, 7/26/19
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

That's just a tweet to stir a pot that literally no one really stirs. Europe is absolutely where we all want our players playing because the leagues are stronger. I think that's a known fact.

This

I'm not missing anything. I am freaking agreeing with you. Your arguing with a non-existent antagonist.
PatAg
7:19p, 7/26/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

Pretty sure this says a lot about the MLS versus Europe.

That the MLS is in the tier below the top European leagues? Is that not already known, and not a bad thing. The quality in the games in MLS have greatly increased over the past decade, and its been sustainable growth.
Pahdz
7:21p, 7/26/19
In reply to PatAg
You can't tell your last sentence to some people. They still think this is the MLS of 20+ years ago
PatAg
7:25p, 7/26/19
It's going to continue developing its quality, but as of right now there is nothing wrong with young players starting in MLS and then moving to top European leagues in my opinion.
PatAg
7:25p, 7/26/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

You can't tell your last sentence to some people. They still think this is the MLS of 20+ years ago
It's an easy way to tell they don't watch any games.
PatAg
7:31p, 7/26/19
I didnt listen to the podcast, just really liked the sequence of play in the gif.

Rudyjax
7:32p, 7/26/19
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

Gotcha.
heddleston
2:28a, 7/27/19
Yep. I'm an unabashed MLS homer and even I don't consider that to be a hot take.
jeffk
6:49a, 7/27/19
MLS IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.
JJxvi
7:34a, 7/27/19
It's not Europe vs MLS. It's BVB vs NYcFC. There are plenty teams in Europe that a NYCFC youth player should not be signing for but that's not Dortmund.
oh no
8:42a, 7/27/19
PatAg
11:08a, 7/27/19
Apparently we need to slightly worry about the Dutch calling him up. This guy has been in the US youth system for a while, we need to cap him as soon as possible. It also helps that he is probably already a top 3 option at that spot.
Rudyjax
12:59p, 7/27/19
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Apparently we need to slightly worry about the Dutch calling him up. This guy has been in the US youth system for a while, we need to cap him as soon as possible. It also helps that he is probably already a top 3 option at that spot.

Anyone know when the next cap tied game is?
JJxvi
2:41p, 7/27/19
Cuba 10/11
ThunderCougarFalconBird
3:05p, 7/27/19
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

this. It's not like elite basketball players from Europe are happy as can be to stick around playing for Hapoel Tel Aviv (or whatever) when they can get a spot on a NBA roster.
Rudyjax
12:56p, 7/28/19
Bold not so bold prediction.

Gio Reyna breaks 2 of Pulisic's records.

Youngest to score for the USMNT and youngest American to score in the Bundasleiga.

Rudyjax
2:56p, 7/28/19
Pahdz
3:05p, 7/28/19
I posted it earlier and got no response so I'll try again, is Gianluca Busio good enough to be talked about?
Rudyjax
4:24p, 7/28/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

I posted it earlier and got no response so I'll try again, is Gianluca Busio good enough to be talked about?

I'm not familiar with him. Why don't you share some info and generate a discussion?
PatAg
4:35p, 7/28/19
In reply to Pahdz
I think I remember reading that he's been injured lately, but shows a lot of potential
Rudyjax
5:18p, 7/28/19
I did a quick dive into him. Seems odd with his dual Italian citizenship he's in the MLS.

Rudyjax
6:16p, 7/28/19
Pahdz
7:21p, 7/28/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Shocking that you feel that way
jeffk
7:25p, 7/28/19
These guys make career decisions like anybody else. Some prioritize big money, or a chance to grow into something more while others would prefer to stay closer to home or family. People have slightly different priorities and it's a big ask to uproot and go live abroad for a lot of players.
Pahdz
7:26p, 7/28/19
In reply to PatAg
I don't watch a ton of SKC games but I caught an early season game and thought he looked good for his age. Outside of that I don't know much, was hoping someone else who follows these younger guys closer would have some info.
Rudyjax
7:54p, 7/28/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

Shocking that you feel that way

Feel what way?
Rudyjax
7:56p, 7/28/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

I don't watch a ton of SKC games but I caught an early season game and thought he looked good for his age. Outside of that I don't know much, was hoping someone else who follows these younger guys closer would have some info.

I'm defiantly intrigued by him I just never hear a lot about him. Doesn't mean it's not out there.
Pahdz
8:02p, 7/28/19
In reply to Rudyjax
C'mon..."can't believe with his dual heritage he's in MLS"

Your blanket discrediting of anything MLS is tiresome. You admittedly know nothing about the guy except his dual citizenship and your only thought is "why is he in MLS?"

Jeff said it best, it's not for everyone especially at that age. Wasn't for Landon Donovan. It's not always the first stop for guys who eventually shine in Europe (Tim Howard).
Rudyjax
8:30p, 7/28/19
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

C'mon..."can't believe with his dual heritage he's in MLS"

Your blanket discrediting of anything MLS is tiresome. You admittedly know nothing about the guy except his dual citizenship and your only thought is "why is he in MLS?"

Jeff said it best, it's not for everyone especially at that age. Wasn't for Landon Donovan. It's not always the first stop for guys who eventually shine in Europe (Tim Howard).
That's a great point. Thanks for pointing it out.

I just hear the biggest issue in development of the American youth is they have to wait until 18 to go to Europe.

It just surprised me someone had the opportunity and hasn't used it.
Rudyjax
8:58p, 7/28/19
Rudyjax
8:59p, 7/28/19
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

These guys make career decisions like anybody else. Some prioritize big money, or a chance to grow into something more while others would prefer to stay closer to home or family. People have slightly different priorities and it's a big ask to uproot and go live abroad for a lot of players.

It does suck that these guys to get the best training have to go abroad.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings