82,420 Views | 730 Replies
jeffk
9:02p, 7/28/19
In reply to Rudyjax
No doubt.

Things are getting better here though.
KCup17
10:36a, 7/29/19
A 21-yr old American Kyle Scott just signed with Newcastle United. Wonder if he will come up on the radar for the Olympic qualifying squad?
JJxvi
10:54a, 7/29/19
Kyle Scott has always been in England, he's English but with multiple citizenships. He was released by Chelsea this summer.
KCup17
12:54p, 7/29/19
In reply to JJxvi
Right but he has played on various USMNT youth squads most recently the U-20 and until he signed with Newcastle I had never heard of him.
PatAg
3:01p, 7/29/19
In reply to Rudyjax
Some places the training isn't necessarily better, just there are more players on their level or better. Some mls clubs still need to step it up, but enough clubs have great systems now the ones that don't will get left behind.

Also some players may not stand out enough at 12 to 15 years old to make the leap over to Europe but then from 15 to 18 they have an exponential growth and are suddenly attractive to those places
akm91
10:12a, 7/30/19
Alex Mendez signs with Ajax!

Another American @ Ajax
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
fig96
11:57a, 7/30/19
In reply to akm91
Related, is there a good way to watch the Eredivisie (yes I had to look up the spelling) on tv/streaming in the fall?
akm91
1:25p, 7/30/19
In reply to fig96
Here you go:

How to watch Eredivisie
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
fig96
1:29p, 7/30/19
In reply to akm91
Thanks! ESPN+ is becoming more and more worth the 5 bucks a month, now if they'd just land the Premier League...
fig96
2:30p, 7/31/19
Great finish from Pulisic but holy crap that pass...

Rudyjax
2:47p, 7/31/19
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

Great finish from Pulisic but holy crap that pass...

Amazing pass. Great first touch and finish from Pulisic. He made it look easy running full speed and taking from his chest into a good position.
Rudyjax
8:43p, 8/2/19
Rudyjax
8:44p, 8/2/19
Ok. What I meant to post but that video is awesome.

oh no
8:57a, 8/3/19
ChipFTAC01
10:50a, 8/3/19
Is there a reason that fulham always seems to have more Americans than any other English club? They're owned by a rich foreigner aren't they?
Rudyjax
11:52a, 8/3/19
JJxvi
12:06p, 8/3/19
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is there a reason that fulham always seems to have more Americans than any other English club? They're owned by a rich foreigner aren't they?

Fulham is owned by American and owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars Shahid Khan. The previously were owned by Mohammed Al-Fayed, who was also owner of Harrods among other things and the father of the boyfriend who was killed with Princess Diana.
PatAg
2:55p, 8/3/19
who?mikejones
5:45p, 8/4/19
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Rudyjax
8:10a, 8/10/19
ChipFTAC01
8:37a, 8/10/19
I just want to say that I love this thread and appreciate all of you who feed it.
Pound the Rock
11:46a, 8/10/19
There better be no doubt that Sargent is our future at striker. Still pissed he didn't get a shot in the gold cup.
fig96
2:17p, 8/10/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

Give me more young attacking players playing in the Netherlands please.
Pahdz
3:00p, 8/10/19
In reply to Pound the Rock
We have a right to be pissed but from all accounts that was a net positive for Sargent
OregonAggie
3:12p, 8/10/19
In reply to fig96
I often wonder how Aron Johansson and Altidore's careers would have been different had they just stayed in the eridivisie instead of leaving. I like strikers being confident and the level of that league is high enough that they'll play against good teams.
OregonAggie
3:15p, 8/10/19
In reply to Pound the Rock
I'm with Pahdz on this and I wasn't even mad about him being left off the Gold Cup roster because I knew he'd have time to develop at his club. It's more important than a Gold Cup at this point in his career.

From what I've read, he's in line get plenty of minutes there and maybe even start.
Rudyjax
3:59p, 8/10/19
In reply to OregonAggie
OregonAggie said:

I'm with Pahdz on this and I wasn't even mad about him being left off the Gold Cup roster because I knew he'd have time to develop at his club. It's more important than a Gold Cup at this point in his career.

From what I've read, he's in line get plenty of minutes there and maybe even start.
My annoyance came from he was not on the U-20 team to play on the Gold Cup. Sargent certainly migh've played a,part in that decision too. The competition in the World Cup was greater than most of the Gold Cup.
fig96
5:02p, 8/10/19
In reply to OregonAggie
Absolutely true. For Jozy in particular I was excited to see him make the move to the Premiership, but wasn't sure that he was ready. No telling what a few more seasons of good technical training would have done for his career.
PatAg
7:25p, 8/10/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

OregonAggie said:

My annoyance came from he was not on the U-20 team to play on the Gold Cup. Sargent certainly migh've played a,part in that decision too. The competition in the World Cup was greater than most of the Gold Cup.
All the frustration is the bull**** line they tried to give us. I agree with them regarding U-20, Sargent already proved he is above that level, and you give the next guys in line their chance to prove themselves. Don't ****ing tell me Sargent is behind Zardes. That makes us doubt your ability as coach/manager. If you want Sargent to get a full preseason with his club, great. Say that
PatAg
7:26p, 8/10/19
In reply to fig96
fig96 said:

Absolutely true. For Jozy in particular I was excited to see him make the move to the Premiership, but wasn't sure that he was ready. No telling what a few more seasons of good technical training would have done for his career.
I'm still convinced Jozy was a victim of where he went, which it seems like was a common theme for most Americans in the 2000s (and somewhat to this day). People get obsessed with the status of "Im in this top league" and not what is good for their game to sharpen.
Rudyjax
12:15p, 8/11/19
fig96
1:02p, 8/11/19
In reply to PatAg
100% agree.

That said, great to see Pulisic come on and not look out of place for Chelsea today. Had a solid SOG and set up a great shot.
Rudyjax
3:22p, 8/11/19
PatAg
5:58p, 8/11/19
In reply to Rudyjax
I Am Mine said:

JOB was one of my favorites, unfortunate injury issues.
TXAggie2011
7:49p, 8/11/19
Bring back the baggy jerseys
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 21
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE