General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread
158,377 Views | 2557 Replies
Aston94
3:04p, 5/28/23
In reply to Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Aston94 said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Wanna know how I know you are a ManU fan?
Cause I vocally say I hate Liverpool and City and have blind support for United? Wow, you're a real Sherlock Holmes.

I'm coming back for my crow. Please cool it medium with an egg on top, please.

Well done sir. Since you returned for your crow I will happily cook it as you desire.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
4:16p, 5/28/23
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
deadbq03
9:42a, 5/30/23
Not sure how accurate this is, but if game results were based on xG, here's how the table should've looked:

ChipFTAC01
9:55a, 5/30/23
Not enough is being said about Chelsea finishing 6th (of 7 teams) in the London table.
ChipFTAC01
9:56a, 5/30/23
Also, I just realized that with City's 9th title they move into a tie with Everton for 4th most all time.
Aston94
9:56a, 5/30/23
That's interesting. Three teams I thought would go down at beginning of season (Forest, Wolves and Bournemouth) all had the worst xG. Leeds and Fulham had about the same xG, but what a difference between the two.
DeangeloVickers
3:41p, 6/1/23
Texaggie7nine
5:24p, 6/1/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
I'm guessing that's a ref? What game and what teams?
7nine
DeangeloVickers
5:25p, 6/1/23
In reply to Texaggie7nine
Europa Final. EPl ref
Texaggie7nine
5:27p, 6/1/23
Oh yeah. I always forget that's a league.

That's pretty bad that he didn't have better protection.
7nine
TXAggie2011
6:17p, 6/1/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Not enough is being said about Chelsea finishing 6th (of 7 teams) in the London table.
Chelsea? Never heard of her
Dre_00
3:48a, 6/2/23
In reply to Texaggie7nine
An hour after the EL Final, Mourinho found Anthony Taylor and ripped into him for his refereeing performance. Tons of f-bombs...just laid into him. It made the rounds on social media and now Roma fans are following suit.

I mean, they might have done this anyway, but feel confident that Mourinho's outburst egged them on even more.
JJxvi
7:14a, 6/2/23
Careful criticizing the soon to be usmnt manager!
wangus12
7:15a, 6/2/23
In reply to Dre_00
Honestly, if they want to shut that **** down, ban Roma from Europe for 2 years. I don't care how bad the refereeing performance was, harassing/spitting/throwing chairs at a man and his family is totally unacceptable.

I'm not shocked though. European fans are some of the worst on the planet
gougler08
8:05a, 6/2/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

Honestly, if they want to shut that **** down, ban Roma from Europe for 2 years. I don't care how bad the refereeing performance was, harassing/spitting/throwing chairs at a man and his family is totally unacceptable.

I'm not shocked though. European fans are some of the worst on the planet
I saw that he handed out a bunch of yellow cards, but was it one sided towards Roma? Did he miss a blatant PK or something?
deadbq03
8:15a, 6/2/23
In reply to gougler08
I can't find an English tweet with this video, but this is the incident that has them all riled up.

Removed my comment after rewatching again. This is pretty egregious stuff IMO. Or ridiculously careless. But I do think handball needs serious work. Or even better, PKs need serious work so these incidents aren't so make-or-break.
akm91
8:32a, 6/2/23
In reply to deadbq03
Still doesn't justify people throwing things at him and his family.
deadbq03
8:38a, 6/2/23
In reply to akm91
No, certainly not, but it does explain why Jose was so pissed.

He still shouldn't have done what he did either, and I hope he gets slapped with a huge UEFA ban… but in the immortal words of Chris Rock - "I understand."
agsalaska
9:00p, 6/3/23
So I know this is not Premier League, but how in the world is Messi booed today at PSG?

Stupid French.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
DeangeloVickers
5:08a, 6/8/23
Furlock Bones
8:43a, 6/20/23
wangus12
9:03a, 6/20/23
When you're uber rich, rules don't matter
Furlock Bones
9:18a, 6/20/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

When you're uber rich, rules don't matter

Yup. The genie is out of the bottle. There's no stuffing him back in. That's why I find these articles attacking United for their potential sale to the Qataris so disingenuous. It's over. The sovereign wealth funds are already fully in the game.
Showstopper
1:15p, 6/20/23
Spurs should buy some advertising in the Middle East saying, "Football team looking for buyer! Cool new stadium! In London! If interested call D. Levy at …."
akm91
1:25p, 6/20/23
WTF????
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
wangus12
1:26p, 6/20/23
In reply to Showstopper
Showstopper said:

Spurs should buy some advertising in the Middle East saying, "Football team looking for buyer! Cool new stadium! In London! If interested call D. Levy at …."
Have to leave out said new stadium looks like a toilet bowl
Showstopper
1:49p, 6/20/23
In reply to wangus12
Huge Baylor fans over at Tottenham.
Showstopper
2:03p, 6/20/23
And I'm obviously kidding except that I'm not really. Son is aging rapidly. Kane is likely going to be gone pretty soon (they can put it off until next year for free, I suppose, but it seems almost inevitable). They have big problems at mid-field and defense. I guess the Brentford guy is an upgrade over Loris, as is Pickford I guess, but not that much. They need to fill a lot of holes, and I don't hear them doing to much yet in the transfer window.

So, to me, if they really aren't going to do anything, what's the plan? Hope your club doesn't become the next Everton (with less trophies)?

So I'm kidding, but not really, they should be doing anything they can to sell right now in my honest opinion.
carl spacklers hat
3:15p, 6/20/23
In reply to akm91
Bukkake
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
ChipFTAC01
1:12p, 6/25/23
Peter Drury is going to sky sports. I wonder if Arlo comes back to NBC now that LIV is over.
TXAggie2011
5:18p, 6/25/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Peter Drury is going to sky sports. I wonder if Arlo comes back to NBC now that LIV is over.

Fortunately, Drury is still going to commentate on Saturdays for NBC.
ChipFTAC01
5:37p, 6/25/23
In reply to TXAggie2011
TXAggie2011 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Fortunately, Drury is still going to commentate on Saturdays for NBC.
ElCheAg
4:26p, 7/26/23
Are we gonna continuing the 23/24 on this thread, or ChipFTAC018 going to start a new one?
wangus12
4:48p, 7/26/23
In reply to ElCheAg
I vote to just keep this one going
ChipFTAC01
9:35p, 7/26/23
In reply to wangus12
wangus12 said:

I vote to just keep this one going
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard