* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *
69,564 Views | 1490 Replies
eiggA2002
12:26p, 9/8/23
In reply to jeffk
He is just the best isn't he! An absolute legend and a guy that every player should emulate. I hope the young guys are soaking in every second of their time with Mo.
aggiesherpa
7:22a, 9/9/23
My 5 yr old daughter didn't believe me that Liverpool wasn't playing today.... So we are now watching the Aston Villa replay
ChipFTAC01
8:27a, 9/9/23
In reply to aggiesherpa
aggiesherpa said:

My 5 yr old daughter didn't believe me that Liverpool wasn't playing today.... So we are now watching the Aston Villa replay
ChipFTAC01
8:28a, 9/9/23
In reply to aggiesherpa
aggiesherpa said:

See if you can do some bets with her and teach her a valuable lesson. "Bet you $5 Mo's going to score here."
joemeister
7:57a, 9/10/23
Now that college football season is over, I'm hedging all my bets on Klopp bringing home his second EPL title.
jeffk
8:09a, 9/10/23
YNWA.2013
7:28p, 9/10/23
In reply to jeffk
I was there for that goal and it was beautiful
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
8:05a, 9/15/23
Some interesting things from Klopp's presser this morning. First, TAA is out for tomorrow's match. Second, he confirmed that he talked to Hendo this summer and told him they wanted him back but that he'd likely see his minutes reduced this season. Said there was absolutely "no bad blood" though.
YNWA.2013
8:49a, 9/15/23
Nothing said about Darwin, right? Hope that means he's good to go. Still think Klopp starts him on the bench tomorrow to be safe. Konate looks set to return. I'm eager for us to get to full strength with Thiago and Bajcetic slowly returning to the fold too.

Diaz - Gakpo - Salah
Jones - Alexis - Szobozlai
Robbo - Matip - Konate - Gomez
Alisson
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
9:21a, 9/15/23
In reply to YNWA.2013
He said he hadn't even seen the SA group yet.
RossG_2
12:26a, 9/16/23
ChipFTAC01
5:10a, 9/16/23
jeffk
6:14a, 9/16/23
jeffk
6:14a, 9/16/23
This could get wild.

jeffk
7:07a, 9/16/23
Neto has Gomez in a blender.
jeffk
8:11a, 9/16/23
Nice to see Konate back out there.
jeffk
8:31a, 9/16/23
Lightyears better in the second half. Nice three points on the road.
aeroag14
8:35a, 9/16/23
Only caught the second half since the match was so early. Sounds like it was probably best I missed the first half. That said, the boys looked really sharp for that second half
jeffk
8:40a, 9/16/23
In reply to aeroag14
We were forcing it down the central channel in the midfield and turning it over again and again. Mac was pretty bad. Probably shouldn't have started him coming off his week playing back in S America.
ChipFTAC01
8:50a, 9/16/23
Got home from working out and th kids were watching TV. Didn't want to be the a hole and demand they change it to the game. My wife came down and she told them to change it. Just caught Robbo's goal.
agent209
9:02a, 9/16/23
Mac is really playing out of position. Jones should have been taken out at half and replaced by Ryan or Endo.

Loved the energy that Diaz, Nunez and Harvey brought to the game. Great 3 points on the road. Always gray to see a Robbo goal!
ChipFTAC01
9:19a, 9/16/23
I bought a new LFC flag before the season started. It didn't come until the day after the Chelsea game. The morning of the Newcastle game I didn't get it up until about half an hour into the game after I finished mowing the yard. By then they were down 1-0 and with 10 men. And since then....

I'm not saying I'm responsible for the Top of the Table form they're in, but it certainly is an interesting coincidence.
AG@RICE
1:28p, 9/16/23
Mac was absolutely terrible in this game, partly because of his tired legs, but also because of the tactics. Wolves completely overloaded the center of the midfield and Mac was constantly under pressure, often in a 3 v 1. The press was also a huge failure in the first half because wolves were great with their spacing. At halftime klopp dumps Mac for Diaz which flips the game for 3 reasons: 1) Cujo and Szobo formed a deep lying double pivot which negated the wolves numerical advantage in the center of the park 2) Diaz pushed higher improving our ability to press and recover the ball higher up the pitch. 3) the extra attacker allows Mo to play slightly withdrawn on the right, where he has been magnificent at generating high quality chances.

Absolutely loved what Klopp did in this game. His tactical adjustments have probably won us 2 or 3 games already. He is like the anti-dusty baker.
eiggA2002
11:11a, 9/18/23
We've got the early kickoff after the next international break as well. Klopp is going to choke someone out. It's the Merseyside Derby.
OregonAggie
11:37a, 9/20/23
Hopefully the Europa group stage allows us to rotate some guys like Doak, Gravenberch, and Quansah. I'd like to see Endo play as well because we're going to need him this year. No idea who Jaros is but hell let's play him too.

Liverpool squad for LASK: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

***Liverpool will debut their new Nike third kit v LASK***
jeffk
12:53p, 9/20/23
In reply to OregonAggie
WELCOME BACK PURPLE DRANK KITS
ChipFTAC01
9:31p, 9/20/23
In reply to jeffk
Just remembered this. Watching the game on Saturday my son asks if we have any neon green spray paint.

"I don't think so, but why?"

"I'd like to get some and then take one of my white tshirts and then paint it neon green like Alison Becker."

Somebody's getting an Alisson shirt for their birthday next month.
jeffk
5:17a, 9/21/23
OregonAggie
6:44a, 9/21/23
jeffk
7:04a, 9/21/23
Where can you stream Europa matches this year?
YNWA.2013
7:17a, 9/21/23
In reply to jeffk
Paramount+ just like the UCL
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
8:25a, 9/21/23
In reply to YNWA.2013
Gracias+
ChipFTAC01
10:15a, 9/21/23
OregonAggie
10:34a, 9/21/23
LFG Boys!!!!
eiggA2002
11:02a, 9/21/23
I'm super pumped to see what we come out in with this lineup. Is that Bajectic as RB or and Endo/Bajectic double pivot with Elliot and or Gravenberch as wingbacks? Something to experiment with until the slew of changes around 45-60 minutes. Europa could be a big boost for us in that we can use it to work guys into fitness and get minutes for younger, new guys without having to play the majority of our starting 11.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 11 of 43
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings