* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *
69,517 Views | 1490 Replies
AG@RICE
9:32a, 2/27/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
I think Connor Bradley will definitely start. He came off before the 75th minute.

Gomez technically played more than a full 90 since he came on in the 28th. IF he starts, I could see Gomez on the left and Tsimikas to the bench (or in the midfield if we need him there).

Robbo, Macca and Gakpo all came off in the 87th minute. They might start and come off after 65 minutes for one of the Liverpups.

Need Anfield to bring it early.
jeffk
6:55a, 2/28/24
ChipFTAC01
7:43a, 2/28/24
YNWA.2013
9:03a, 2/28/24
My predicted lineup:

Kelleher
Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas
McConnell
Mac Allister
Clark
Gordon
Danns
Gakpo

I would expect the two unused players from the final also play a role tonight, Koumas (18) and Nyoni (16!!!). Maybe Koumas gets the start over Gordon.
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
1:21p, 2/28/24
If we get past Southampton today, we are away to the winner of United and Forest in the QF
-FTA c/o 2013
hoosierAG
2:44p, 2/28/24
Holy smokes…Koumas!
hoosierAG
3:30p, 2/28/24
Danns!

You can see his obvious talent….finishing better than Gakpo today
OregonAggie
3:36p, 2/28/24
Glad to see the youngins making their mark.

hoosierAG
3:45p, 2/28/24
Danns x 2
AG@RICE
4:16p, 2/28/24
In reply to hoosierAG
Kids got outrageous talent. Finishing was great today, but I'm really impressed with how smooth he moves around the pitch. Very similar build and quickness to Fernando Torres. Excited to see his development.
FriedTex
4:42p, 2/28/24
In reply to AG@RICE
AG@RICE said:

Kids got outrageous talent. Finishing was great today, but I'm really impressed with how smooth he moves around the pitch. Very similar build and quickness to Fernando Torres. Excited to see his development.

Torres - comp! High praise
jeffk
7:13p, 2/28/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
YNWA.2013 said:

If we get past Southampton today, we are away to the winner of United and Forest in the QF

So United it is.
Crispin Torque
10:31p, 2/28/24
Danns finishing was superb today. Bobby Clark is another who has my attention after his last few appearances.

Trey Nyoni debut today too!
YNWA.2013
5:54p, 2/29/24
Our next fixtures:
- Sat March 2 at Forest (EPL)
- Thu March 7 at Sparta Praha (UEL)
- Sun March 10 v Man City (EPL)
- Thu Mar 14 v Sparta Praha (UEL)
- Sat Mar 16 at Man United (FA Cup)

A stretch of four games in 9 days (with our biggest game of the season (v City) squeezed in there. Might have to tap into the U8's for a game or two lol
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
7:19p, 2/29/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
I know technically every game is "the title" at this point, but that match vs City really probably is the title. I don't see them dropping a game the rest of the way.
gougler08
8:30p, 2/29/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

I know technically every game is "the title" at this point, but that match vs City really probably is the title. I don't see them dropping a game the rest of the way.

The Liverpool and Arsenal v City matches could definitely be the title deciders, but City has shown some cracks in the armor so they may well drop points along the way
ChipFTAC01
10:16p, 2/29/24
I did my best guess at all three teams results for the rest of season a few weeks back.

I had Arsenal and City finishing level at 86 and Liverpool 1 behind. Hopefully that is me being pessimistic as I'm known to do.
FriedTex
10:09a, 3/1/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
I get the rationale but football is so predictable and wildly unpredictable- I leave it to the team that has the confidence and we have that in spades right now - despite injuries. It could stack up that the team only gets stronger as the games get more important
ChipFTAC01
10:27a, 3/1/24
In reply to FriedTex
FriedTex said:

I get the rationale but football is so predictable and wildly unpredictable- I leave it to the team that has the confidence and we have that in spades right now - despite injuries. It could stack up that the team only gets stronger as the games get more important

No totally agree. It really was just a thought/mathbexperiment. I've built similar spreadsheets before for liv/city title races and my track record for predictions isn't great.
FriedTex
10:32a, 3/1/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

FriedTex said:

No totally agree. It really was just a thought/mathbexperiment. I've built similar spreadsheets before for liv/city title races and my track record for predictions isn't great.

I suffer from that too - it's impossible to be a complete optimist as an Aggie sports fan
ChipFTAC01
10:35a, 3/1/24
For th record, here were my predictions going forward from today.

Liverpool

@ Forest W
City D
@Everton D
Brighton W
Sheffield W
@ United D
Palace W
@ Fulham W
@West Ham D
Spurs W
@ Villa L
Wolves W

Arsenal

@ Sheffield W
Brentford W
chelsea W
@ city L
Luton W
@ Brighton W
Villa W
@ Wolves D
@ Spurs L
Bournemoth W
@ United W
Everton W

City

United W
@ Liverpool D
@Brighton W
Arsenal W
Villa W
@ Palace D
Luton W
@ Spurs L
@Forest D
Wolves W
@Fulham W
West Ham W
gougler08
11:21a, 3/1/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Liverpool

@ Forest W
City D
@Everton D
Brighton W
Sheffield W
@ United D
Palace W
@ Fulham W
@West Ham D
Spurs W
@ Villa L
Wolves W

Arsenal

@ Sheffield W
Brentford W
chelsea W
@ city L
Luton W
@ Brighton W
Villa W
@ Wolves D
@ Spurs L
Bournemoth W
@ United W
Everton W

City

United W
@ Liverpool D
@Brighton W
Arsenal W
Villa W
@ Palace D
Luton W
@ Spurs L
@Forest D
Wolves W
@Fulham W
West Ham W

You're giving Spurs way too much credit
eiggA2002
11:43a, 3/1/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
The FA Cup match vs. United was at least moved to Sunday 3/17. One day off would've been so on point for the FA though. They love giving us no rest. I believe they are required (or best efforts) to have minimum 48 hours between matches, but the prior game being UEFA may void that. I can't remember. That would've made the Saturday match have to be 8-9pm local time. Now it's 3:30pm local, almost 72 hours later. Still that's a ridiculous amount of matches in a short time period.

Thursday/Sunday is going to be tough as long as we're in Europa. A good chance to get the injured guys some minutes in the early going at least. Need to get guys fit ASAP.
ChipFTAC01
11:50a, 3/1/24
In reply to gougler08
gougler08 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Liverpool

@ Forest W
City D
@Everton D
Brighton W
Sheffield W
@ United D
Palace W
@ Fulham W
@West Ham D
Spurs W
@ Villa L
Wolves W

Arsenal

@ Sheffield W
Brentford W
chelsea W
@ city L
Luton W
@ Brighton W
Villa W
@ Wolves D
@ Spurs L
Bournemoth W
@ United W
Everton W

City

United W
@ Liverpool D
@Brighton W
Arsenal W
Villa W
@ Palace D
Luton W
@ Spurs L
@Forest D
Wolves W
@Fulham W
West Ham W

You're giving Spurs way too much credit

I noticed that in typing that out.
ChipFTAC01
11:50a, 3/1/24
In reply to eiggA2002
eiggA2002 said:

The FA Cup match vs. United was at least moved to Sunday 3/17. One day off would've been so on point for the FA though. They love giving us no rest. I believe they are required (or best efforts) to have minimum 48 hours between matches, but the prior game being UEFA may void that. I can't remember. That would've made the Saturday match have to be 8-9pm local time. Now it's 3:30pm local, almost 72 hours later. Still that's a ridiculous amount of matches in a short time period.

Thursday/Sunday is going to be tough as long as we're in Europa. A good chance to get the injured guys some minutes in the early going at least. Need to get guys fit ASAP.

Everton hadn't been rescheduled yet has it?
eiggA2002
2:50p, 3/1/24
No but it'll either go in GW 34 or GW 37. Slightly more likely to be week 37 midweek. Depends on cup results.
ChipFTAC01
4:10p, 3/1/24
Reports are that we've offered Xabi a 3 year deal. And he wants to bring his RB and ACM with him.
ChipFTAC01
4:23p, 3/1/24
Sounds Darwin and Sboz back in training. Mo not for Sunday.
jeffk
4:54p, 3/1/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Reports from where?
ChipFTAC01
4:56p, 3/1/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Reports from where?

"From Germany" based on article I read earlier. Let me see if I can find it.
ChipFTAC01
5:01p, 3/1/24
https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-alonso-transfer-demands-wirtz-frimpong-dalglish-man-utd-warning
ChipFTAC01
5:01p, 3/1/24
In searching for that I've seen other recent reports that Wirtz is saying he isn't going anywhere
AG@RICE
5:58p, 3/1/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Reports are that we've offered Xabi a 3 year deal. And he wants to bring his RB and ACM with him.
I wouldn't believe any reports at this point in the year. Both clubs are in the middle of massive title pushes and I'm certain neither side would like the details leaked. Liverpool will want to milk the Klopp momentum till the last day and Xabi's squad is pushing for history. We won't hear any truthful details until late May at the earliest.
hoosierAG
6:05p, 3/1/24
Looks like Alisson's hammy injury is quite serious and out for an extended time …not season ending but no timetable to return either.

Mo back training next week but sounds like not available until the city match.
jeffk
6:12p, 3/1/24
Any word on Jones yet?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 30 of 43
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE