****Tottenham Hotspur FC 23-24****
42,996 Views | 810 Replies
BMK54
3:04p, 1/26/24
In reply to t - cam
I agree, we finally settled down and we're playing great defense. Having VDV back with Romero is huge. I would put Madders on now also, especially if DeBruyne is coming on.

Beau Bevers
3:04p, 1/26/24
In reply to t - cam
t - cam said:

BMK54 said:

Seems like we were hanging on for dear life the first half, Hopefully we start to open up some lanes for counters with how aggressive city is being. Madders in the 2nd half can create us some chances to open things up.

Not much possession but felt we were better in the last 15 or so. Other than the disallowed goal though it doesn't feel like city are really knocking on the door. I'd put Madison in now. We are getting cooked in the midfield.
Preach
t - cam
3:05p, 1/26/24
In reply to BMK54
BMK54 said:

I agree, we finally settled down and we're playing great defense. Having VDV back with Romero is huge. I would put Madders on now also, especially if DeBruyne is coming on.

Dare I say VDV is our best player? He allows you to play ridiculously aggressive. He covers all the warts.
BMK54
3:25p, 1/26/24
Seems like every time we get a little bit of momentum. This ref blows the whistle.

t - cam
3:46p, 1/26/24
Back line turnovers about to cost us.
BMK54
3:50p, 1/26/24
We gotta get someone to replace hojeberg. Almost cost us twice.

t - cam
3:58p, 1/26/24
I personally think that should have been a foul. But the announcers didn't see it that way. Regardless we put up little fight in this game and deserved the L.
TresPuertas
3:59p, 1/26/24
back line is awful. our possessions were awful. our passing was awful. our touches were awful. our hesitancy to shoot the ball was awful.

can't expect much when that happens.

BMK54
3:59p, 1/26/24
Damn, that's a kick in the nuts.

BMK54
4:00p, 1/26/24
In reply to TresPuertas
TresPuertas said:

back line is awful. our possessions were awful. our passing was awful. our touches were awful. our hesitancy to shoot the ball was awful.

can't expect much when that happens.

100%

Beau Bevers
4:00p, 1/26/24
I just want to watch us hoist a trophy. Within the next decade. Please.
t - cam
4:21p, 1/26/24
In reply to Beau Bevers
Beau Bevers said:

I just want to watch us hoist a trophy. Within the next decade. Pease.

That's all I can think of right now. Another year down with no hardware.
GIF Reactor
2:05p, 1/30/24
Did you have expectations going into the season of winning a trophy? Especially after Harry left? I consider it a missed opportunity, but I think Ange has far exceeded expectations, at least to this point. And I think the game came at a bad time for us given the specific players out with their national teams.
Beau Bevers
2:48p, 1/30/24
In reply to GIF Reactor
GIF Reactor said:

Did you have expectations going into the season of winning a trophy? Especially after Harry left? I consider it a missed opportunity, but I think Ange has far exceeded expectations, at least to this point. And I think the game came at a bad time for us given the specific players out with their national teams.
I say that every time we exit a cup competition. I am more bullish on Ange and his vision than anyone. He has restored the "To Dare Is To Do" spirit that led me to supporting Spurs so many years ago.

I didn't expect to do it this year, but I want us to win a trophy. And I am convinced we will soon.
t - cam
3:00p, 1/30/24
In reply to GIF Reactor
GIF Reactor said:

No expectations but certainly something I notice once the dream is gone every year.
themissinglink
9:18p, 1/30/24
As impressive as Ange has been in year 1, his history suggests year 2 is when the trophies start pouring in…

Team: Year 1 <> Year 2
South Melbourne: 3rd of 14 <> 1st of 14 (including playoff champions)
Young Socceroos: No Data <> U17 & U20 OFC champions
Brisbane: 9th of 10 <> 1st of 11 (including playoff champions)
Socceroos: 0-3 World Cup (group of death) <> Asian Cup Champions
Yokohama F Marinos: 12th of 18 <> 1st of 18 (J-League Champions)
Celtic: Domestic Double (League & League Cup) <> Domestic Treble

His only trophy-less year 2 seasons were (i) Panachaiki in the Greek 3rd division where he took over at the end of a season and left the next season with the club in a promotion position after fiery riots for off the field issues with ownership and (ii) Melbourne Victory where he was hired away by the Socceroos after 2 games.
GIF Reactor
9:51a, 1/31/24
In reply to Beau Bevers
Beau Bevers said:

GIF Reactor said:

I say that every time we exit a cup competition. I am more bullish on Ange and his vision than anyone. He has restored the "To Dare Is To Do" spirit that led me to supporting Spurs so many years ago.

I didn't expect to do it this year, but I want us to win a trophy. And I am convinced we will soon.
GIF Reactor
9:53a, 1/31/24
In reply to t - cam
t - cam said:

GIF Reactor said:

No expectations but certainly something I notice once the dream is gone every year.
GIF Reactor
9:54a, 1/31/24
In reply to themissinglink
themissinglink said:

As impressive as Ange has been in year 1, his history suggests year 2 is when the trophies start pouring in…

Team: Year 1 <> Year 2
South Melbourne: 3rd of 14 <> 1st of 14 (including playoff champions)
Young Socceroos: No Data <> U17 & U20 OFC champions
Brisbane: 9th of 10 <> 1st of 11 (including playoff champions)
Socceroos: 0-3 World Cup (group of death) <> Asian Cup Champions
Yokohama F Marinos: 12th of 18 <> 1st of 18 (J-League Champions)
Celtic: Domestic Double (League & League Cup) <> Domestic Treble

His only trophy-less year 2 seasons were (i) Panachaiki in the Greek 3rd division where he took over at the end of a season and left the next season with the club in a promotion position after fiery riots for off the field issues with ownership and (ii) Melbourne Victory where he was hired away by the Socceroos after 2 games.

BMK54
12:58p, 1/31/24
Starting 9 vs Brentford

DeangeloVickers
1:00p, 1/31/24
COYS
Forum Troll
1:48p, 1/31/24
**** pass by Udogie. He's getting cooked so far. So what you will about the high line but fullbacks can't be losing the ball to forwards in the midfield.
t - cam
1:51p, 1/31/24
Love Ange ball but he suicidal high back line isn't necessary against sub par opposition.
t - cam
2:16p, 1/31/24
This game more than maybe any I've watched this year is very concerning. Even with our best players back on defense it's a total mess back there.
BMK54
2:23p, 1/31/24
73% of possession and 1 Shot on goal. RIDICULOUS.

DeangeloVickers
2:24p, 1/31/24
Maupay is a ***** of epic proportions....not Bruno *****, but close

We gotta finish
Forum Troll
2:42p, 1/31/24
Only takes 2 minutes to take the lead
DeangeloVickers
2:42p, 1/31/24
Oliver Skipp is that bad

COYS
themissinglink
2:43p, 1/31/24
Nice change of events
TresPuertas
2:45p, 1/31/24
i turned it off for 10 minutes. we were down 0-1. WTF
Forum Troll
2:48p, 1/31/24
Make it 3.
Forum Troll
2:50p, 1/31/24
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

Oliver Skipp is that bad

COYS
Beau Bevers
2:52p, 1/31/24
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

Oliver Skipp is that bad

COYS
FACT. I'm loving this 2nd half. COYS
t - cam
2:57p, 1/31/24
Nice turnaround. Send more people forward and move the back line back a little.
BMK54
2:59p, 1/31/24
Udogie WTF!!!!

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 17 of 24
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE