******BTHO Florida State (NCAA Tournament)******
15,224 Views | 118 Replies
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
4:30p, 11/26/23
In reply to MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock said:

Your asking if losing your best forward and best CM are a good thing?
Yes, but only if G transfers with them
The forwards couldn't score!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
TRM
10:02a, 11/29/23
Ninth anniversary of punching our ticket to the College Cup with a 2-1 victory over Penn St.
mullokmotx
11:26a, 12/1/23
Coach G on with Louie Belina right now. Said that Taylor Pounds will return and he is also talking about the facility changes that will be made in 2024..
mullokag
HiddenAg2
10:53a, 12/4/23
Yeah, these were tough losses in Hayes and Boeckman. We didn't need to lose any more midfielders. Pounds returning I have mixed feelings about. G better attack the portal hard in the offseason. He can't afford to slip out of the tourney again. But glad facilities are about to be upgraded. Hope we do it right.
TCWave
9:25p, 12/5/23
So Hidden and Mook: with as challenging a season we experienced, this team continued to claw and hack there way out of a huge RPI hole. They have now finished inside the top 30.

More importantly, a much maligned defense at times, displayed its strength by holding FSU to a SINGLE GOAL. We know what FSU dropped in the net against every other College Cup opponent.

Let's find a way to celebrate the good that occurred here and get excited over how this team can build. Not a participation ribbon, but displaying a heck of a will to fight back. Excited to see the roster and spring perfomance.

For now, let's celebrate the recognition of our team by United Soccer Coaches:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-women/d1/united-soccer-coaches

mullokmotx
8:22p, 12/9/23
I think FSU became the 4th eventual national champion to eliminate us in the tournament. The previous times were Southern Cal in 2016, and North Carolina in 2006 and 2008. North Carolina has eliminated us 5 times and FSU 4.
mullokag
tamufan
1:55p, 12/10/23
In reply to TCWave
I agree with the statement of positives. But some of the positives -- e.g. the way we played FSU so close, twice -- beg questions about how we played defense in other games. Do we have to play the #1 team in the country to play well? And what about that Vanderbilt fiasco? But all that aside, I don't think the future is quite as bleak as some would paint. In fact, I would be cautiously optimistic. We will need to use that portal to run both way, as our losses there were substantial.
sharpdressedman
10:41p, 12/11/23
Quick fixes and sudden improvements are products of the portal. Georgia was an excellent example. Players can and should come and go very easily in the new world of free agency and NIL. It is what it is.
MookieBlaylock
12:29p, 12/28/23
If ya can't beat em , join em

Boeckman to FSU

taylorswift13_
5:23p, 12/28/23
A walk on?
MookieBlaylock
8:21a, 12/29/23
There are only 14 scholarships so who knows - but clearly their coach sees something in her skills that ours didn't
Mir San Mir
11:40a, 12/29/23
That should be telling given that one coaching staff just won the national title and the other . . . .
MookieBlaylock
9:44p, 1/18/24
Hayes signs with USC

This one hurts but good for her
taylorswift13_
9:38a, 1/19/24
MookieBlaylock said:

Hayes signs with USC

This one hurts but good for her
maybe they'll let her shoot penalty kicks there
CLOSE