Refereeing

559 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by jeffk
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I've been thinking about refereeing when my daughter stops playing and goes to college. She's a sophomore.

I don't think I can handle rec level but also not higher level youth.

Thinking of doing u12-u15 girls close to me. Girls Classic League, ECRL, etc.

I have bad ankles and don't think I can keep up with anything beyond a 14 year old girl.

I've been studying the laws and been working in my foul recognition in games live and in videos.

What's the best way to go about getting certified where you're not in class and training with 13 year olds?

Any other advice from the pros here?
Mathguy64
AG
In North Texas go to https://www.ntxsoccer.org/referees/become-a-referee/

In South Texas go https://www.stxref.org/

In both cases you register in US Soccer for a 2 part Grassroots course. It's an online portion plus a field session.

There are also SafeSport, health and safety modules plus a background check.

Then find an assignor and start offering to work games.
Rudyjax
AG
Thank you sir.
jeffk
AG
But yeah, you're most likely going to be in class and training with people of all ages including teenagers.
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

But yeah, you're most likely going to be in class and training with people of all ages including teenagers.

I don't mind that but when my daughter got certified they were all 13.
jessexy
AG
Rudyjax said:

So, I've been thinking about refereeing when my daughter stops playing and goes to college. She's a sophomore.

I don't think I can handle rec level but also not higher level youth.

Thinking of doing u12-u15 girls close to me. Girls Classic League, ECRL, etc.

I have bad ankles and don't think I can keep up with anything beyond a 14 year old girl.

I've been studying the laws and been working in my foul recognition in games live and in videos.

What's the best way to go about getting certified where you're not in class and training with 13 year olds?

Any other advice from the pros here?
Go to the NTX Soccer website and search for "Whistlemania". they'll have training for new referees and re-certification for current referees and split it up between youth and adults. New refs will be split into groups for youth and another group for adults.

Happening in July.
jeffk
AG
Whistlemania
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.