Is anyone watching the playoffs?

30,565 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Iowaggie
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the 3 biggest fan bases here moving into offseason mode is anyone watching? Or are we all just praying for the #1 lotto pick? 3%? So you're telling me there's a chance!

I'm just checking the scores and hoping the warriors and lakers lose.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
I loved seeing Westbrook win the Clippers the game the other day, he gets a lot of crap (much of which is justified) so seeing him make winning plays was really satisfying.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This Sacramento/GSW series has been some of the best and most entertaining basketball I've watched in a couple of years...and they're only two games in. I hope it goes seven.
QBCade
AG
Yes. GSW fan here. Agree that the series has been good so far. Warriors have to hold serve now. Crazy team this year with one of the worst road records and one of the best home records.
NoahAg
QBCade said:

Yes. GSW fan here. Agree that the series has been good so far. Warriors have to hold serve now. Crazy team this year with one of the worst road records and one of the best home records.
No offense, but I don't understand how anyone can cheer for GS. Between Kerr and Draymond and Curry's shtick they are so unlikeable. Let me guess, you're a loooong time fan going back to 2013? I really wish someone would go Kermit Washington on Draymond. Insufferable punk.

With all due respect.
QBCade
AG
NoahAg said:

QBCade said:

No offense, but I don't understand how anyone can cheer for GS. Between Kerr and Draymond and Curry's shtick they are so unlikeable. Let me guess, you're a loooong time fan going back to 2013? I really wish someone would go Kermit Washington on Draymond. Insufferable punk.

With all due respect.

Moved to SF Bay Area in 2000, so yes, I'm a longtime fan. Kerr is a good coach, but I don't agree with his politics. Love Curry and Draymond. Draymond is the player you only like if he's on your team. He's a bit of a hot head, but one of the best defenders in the NBA period.
AG@RICE
AG
Lots of great story lines so far:
1) Most of the match ups are extremely competitive
2) Big Injuries (Giannis, Ja, Herro)
3) Great individual match-ups (Durant v Leonard, Curry v Fox, Westbrook v shooting)
4) Draymond Shenanigans
5) Rockets fans secretly cheering for Harden
6) Mavs fans secretly cheering against Brunson
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, I have been watching the NBA playoffs, and I am another Golden State Warriors fan here. It's crazy how all 4 California NBA teams made the playoffs, and all 3 Texas NBA teams missed the playoffs. I am not surprised that the Houston Rockets and San Antonio Spurs missed the playoffs, but I expected the Dallas Mavericks to return to the playoffs after advancing to the Western Conference Finals last year. I agree that the Golden State Warriors vs Sacramento Kings dubbed the "Battle for NorCal." has been the best playoff series so far.

It's bizarre how the defending champion Golden State Warriors finished with the 3rd best home record at 33-8 and the 4th worst road record at 11-30, which is also one of the worst regular season road winning percentages for a defending NBA Finals champion. The Warriors will have to win Games 3, 4, and 6 at home, and steal either Game 5 or 7 on the road to beat the Kings. Also, the Warriors have won at least one road playoff game in 27 consecutive playoff series and will have to extend that NBA record to advance to the Western Conference Semifinals.
Iowaggie
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

I loved seeing Westbrook win the Clippers the game the other day, he gets a lot of crap (much of which is justified) so seeing him make winning plays was really satisfying.

I don't know about satisfying, but Westbrook has made a huge impact on that team and it is amazing how his effort still is tremendously impactful.

That games have such a Westbrook imprint on them. Horrible shooting in game 1, but he made so many important plays.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Haven't watched but I guess the Lakers are doing good bc that is all that is on Fox
Enzo The Baker
AG
Chris Paul won a Scott Foster-called game finally. This could be their year.
NoahAg
AG@RICE said:

3) Great individual match-ups (Durant v Leonard, Curry v Fox, Westbrook v shooting)
4) Draymond Shenanigans

I'm a Mavs fan and I like seeing Brunson succeed. I've always liked him as a player. Just keeps improving each year.

Don't have a team interest, but it would be cool to see Rob Williams or Caruso win titles.
Otherwise, it's hard not to like the Kings. Big fan of Harrison Barnes. Seems like a good dude and I loved him on the Mavs.
QBCade
AG
NoahAg said:

AG@RICE said:

4) Draymond Shenanigans

I'm a Mavs fan and I like seeing Brunson succeed. I've always liked him as a player. Just keeps improving each year.

Don't have a team interest, but it would be cool to see Rob Williams or Caruso win titles.
Otherwise, it's hard not to like the Kings. Big fan of Harrison Barnes. Seems like a good dude and I loved him on the Mavs.

Being a GSW fan, Harrison Barnes frustrates the heck outta me. If he could've just hit open 3s in the 2016 Finals, the Warriors would've gone back to back and wouldn't have brought in Durant.
Iowaggie
AG

Demosthenes81
AG
I will watch the last 4 or so minutes. To me that is the only time that is worth watching.
jteagle
AG
I watch a few minutes of each game but some of them start so late this old man aint staying up to watch two teams I don't even care about.

I am rooting against the Lakers, Suns and 76ers for sure. Joel Embiid is one of the least likeable players in the league for me. I don't mind the Warriors now that Durant is gone but I would like to see the Kings finally make a run.

Even though I really don't care, I would rather see the Celtics or Bucks win the championship because of the two Aggies.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I saw Chuck making fun of Derek whites hair

But that's about it from yesterday
QBCade
AG
jteagle said:

I watch a few minutes of each game but some of them start so late this old man aint staying up to watch two teams I don't even care about.

I am rooting against the Lakers, Suns and 76ers for sure. Joel Embiid is one of the least likeable players in the league for me. I don't mind the Warriors now that Durant is gone but I would like to see the Kings finally make a run.

Even though I really don't care, I would rather see the Celtics or Bucks win the championship because of the two Aggies.

You have an issue with Embiid? What did I miss??
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well he just kicked a dude in the dick and didn't even get ejected.
QBCade
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Well he just kicked a dude in the dick and didn't even get ejected.

Dude should've have been there.
Iowaggie
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Shaq/Charles reminded me of when your're in church or school and you know you aren't supposed to be laughing at something but you just can't help but laugh at something.

Purlyag
Head Ninja In Charge said:

This Sacramento/GSW series has been some of the best and most entertaining basketball I've watched in a couple of years...and they're only two games in. I hope it goes seven.
Agreed. That's been a fun series.
toucan82
how the hell do you only score 9 points in a quarter?
coastalAg
AG
Memphis has done the impossible and is making me root for the Lakers.

Hard to imagine a less likeable team. Of all the fake tough guy agitators that have come through the league, Dillon Brooks may be the most odious.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dementia Joe could suit up for the Griz and i still ain't gonna root for the Minnesota Lakers
aggiephoenix02
That clip is hilarious! Charles Barkley is a national treasure…
QBCade
AG
Crazy finish in GSW v Sac game. Curry almost blew it
Iowaggie
AG
QBCade said:

Crazy finish in GSW v Sac game. Curry almost blew it

It's too bad that Chris Webber wasn't still doing announcing for TNT (poorly).

I would have loved to heard what he said.
GigEmMortis
AG
Iowaggie said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Shaq/Charles reminded me of when your're in church or school and you know you aren't supposed to be laughing at something but you just can't help but laugh at something.

"You'll never find… a hairline like mine."
Grapesoda2525
NoahAg said:

With the 3 biggest fan bases here moving into offseason mode is anyone watching? Or are we all just praying for the #1 lotto pick? 3%? So you're telling me there's a chance!

Warriors just benefitted from another injury again. They seem like one of the luckiest teams ever. Nobody is denying that they are a great team, but it seems like they benefit from an unusual amount of injury luck.
QBCade
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

NoahAg said:

Warriors just benefitted from another injury again. They seem like one of the luckiest teams ever. Nobody is denying that they are a great team, but it seems like they benefit from an unusual amount of injury luck.

Eh, they've had their share - 2016 injury to Iggy cost them the series. 2019 injuries to Durant and Klay cost them
The Porkchop Express
Jimmy Butler just put a flamethrower on the Bucks.

56 points on 19 of 28 shooting and 15 of 18 from the line. 119-114 Miami, 2-1 series lead. Outscored Milwauke 41-25 in the 4th quarter.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Beat40
Just an awesome performance!

I'd be pretty happy to see Butler get a championship. Don't think it's going to be this year, but I'd be cool.
The Porkchop Express
Beat40 said:

Just an awesome performance!

I'd be pretty happy to see Butler get a championship. Don't think it's going to be this year, but I'd be cool.
I'm a pretty casual fan with the Rockets so terrible the last few years, but it's exciting seeing such a wide-open playoff race so far, injuries aside. A potential second-round Heat/Knicks series with all of their infinite bad blood would be wonderful in the EC.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Enzo The Baker
AG
QBCade said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

NoahAg said:

Eh, they've had their share - 2016 injury to Iggy cost them the series. 2019 injuries to Durant and Klay cost them

2015 - Kyrie and Love
2017 - Kawhi
2018 - CP3
2022 - Murray

I can give you 2019 but Iggy, their 4th best player? Lol Draymond cost them 2016.

I think GS loses 2-3 of those years if those players are healthy. But they are ships nonetheless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.