Is anyone watching the playoffs?
30,828 Views | 450 Replies
Guitarsoup
8:30a, 5/11/23
Golden state hangs on to win game 5 and it looks like Anthony Davis got a concussion late in the game. Unknown if he will play game 6.
WES2006AG
8:36a, 5/11/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Golden state hangs on to win game 5 and it looks like Anthony Davis got a concussion late in the game. Unknown if he will play game 6.
Hope it goes 7. Would be a really entertaining elimination game.
Grapesoda2525
10:14a, 5/11/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Golden State losing? Time to call in the secret weapon.

In to guard Anthony Davis:

Didn't someone call in a hit on AD?

You can't make this stuff up. Chris Paul got hurt at the worst time for Houston and golden state came back to steal that series. We might just see the same thing play out again. Not to mention the WCF became a total joke that year when pachulia hurt Kawhi while he was playing for SA.

I'm a Laker hater and I don't want them to sign Kyrie so I'm rooting for the Lakers to lose the in the WCF or possibly the finals, but I want the lakers to take out the Warriors because I'm just sick of golden state, sick of draymond, and sick of GSW getting the breaks.
QBCade
10:25a, 5/11/23
In reply to Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

You can't make this stuff up. Chris Paul got hurt at the worst time for Houston and golden state came back to steal that series. We might just see the same thing play out again. Not to mention the WCF became a total joke that year when pachulia hurt Kawhi while he was playing for SA.

I'm a Laker hater and I don't want them to sign Kyrie so I'm rooting for the Lakers to lose the in the WCF or possibly the finals, but I want the lakers to take out the Warriors because I'm just sick of golden state, sick of draymond, and sick of GSW getting the breaks.

Eh, there are usually some breaks bad or good wrt injuries on the way to a title.
gigemJTH12
10:33a, 5/11/23
QBCade definitley a warriors fan
QBCade
10:36a, 5/11/23
In reply to gigemJTH12
gigemJTH12 said:

Yes. I admitted that earlier. So, my view is skewed. I do remember the Warriors losing 2 Finals due to injury tho.

I also admit that I am a casual NBA fan outside of the Warriors.
gigemJTH12
10:49a, 5/11/23
In reply to QBCade
also beat the Cavs "due to injury"
Coby
11:25a, 5/11/23
So they've won when other teams are injured, lost when they are injured, had stars miss entire seasons…sounds like they've gone through it all.

Is what it is, though. I've enjoyed watching them over the years. They're fun to watch.
GigEmMortis
11:27a, 5/11/23
In reply to QBCade
QBCade said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Yes. I admitted that earlier. So, my view is skewed. I do remember the Warriors losing 2 Finals due to injury tho.

What injury issues did Golden State have in 2016? The only thing I can think of is Draymond being suspended for Game 5 for swiping LeBron's groin and receiving his 4th flagrant foul
Guitarsoup
11:29a, 5/11/23
Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

GigEmMortis
11:30a, 5/11/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Guitarsoup said:

QBCade
12:22p, 5/11/23
In reply to GigEmMortis
GigEmMortis said:

QBCade said:

gigemJTH12 said:

What injury issues did Golden State have in 2016? The only thing I can think of is Draymond being suspended for Game 5 for swiping LeBron's groin and receiving his 4th flagrant foul

Iggy got injured in Game5 and wasnt the same. That breakaway that LeBron ultimately blocked would've been an easy bucket and sealed Game6 (I think) win and the series. Iggy was huge for GSW then
gigemJTH12
1:24p, 5/11/23
Grapesoda2525
3:36p, 5/11/23
In reply to QBCade
QBCade said:

GigEmMortis said:

QBCade said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Iggy got injured in Game5 and wasnt the same. That breakaway that LeBron ultimately blocked would've been an easy bucket and sealed Game6 (I think) win and the series. Iggy was huge for GSW then
Iggy was a role player. Just not the same as other teams losing their stars. The only year where injuries hurt GSW was when you lost Durant and Thompson.

Losing to Toronto and Cleveland was probably for the good of the league tho. Nobody would watch the NBA if the warriors won 6 titles in a row. After you guys signed Durant, i pretty much ignored the NBA for a few years.
QBCade
4:23p, 5/11/23
Grapesoda2525 said:

QBCade said:

GigEmMortis said:

QBCade said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Iggy was a role player. Just not the same as other teams losing their stars. The only year where injuries hurt GSW was when you lost Durant and Thompson.

Losing to Toronto and Cleveland was probably for the good of the league tho. Nobody would watch the NBA if the warriors won 6 titles in a row. After you guys signed Durant, i pretty much ignored the NBA for a few years.

Iggy was 2015 Finals MVP and was key to 2016 team. If GSW won in 2016, they probably don't get KD. Which I would've preferred. Being an Aggie, I couldn't root for him even on the Warriors.
Guitarsoup
7:54p, 5/11/23
DeAndre Ayton ruled out of tonights game.
DBill
7:57p, 5/11/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

DeAndre Ayton ruled out of tonights game.

Ayton hasn't done much this series, not sure how much it will change things.
Guitarsoup
7:58p, 5/11/23

This is interesting. He was disoriented leaving the court for the bench, was driven to the locker room because of his disorientation and then they were making the video guys turn off their lights so as to not shine lights in his eyes. That's a concussion.

Dan Scott
9:28p, 5/11/23
Doc Rivers going to coach for job Sunday
The Pilot
10:25p, 5/11/23
The Denver Nuggets.
txagman1998
10:26p, 5/11/23
Wow, PHX down 30 at halftime at home in an elimination game. 2nd straight year with an absolute meltdown in a must win game (barring a 2nd half miracle).
Guitarsoup
10:45p, 5/11/23
Kevin Durant with the no show in an elimination game?

Guitarsoup
10:53p, 5/11/23
Guitarsoup
11:09p, 5/11/23
In reply to Dan Scott
Dan Scott said:

For those keeping track at home, Playoff James was 0-6 for 0 points and 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Fourth of six games this series where he has failed to break the elusive 17-point barrier.

Harden put up 4-16 and 0-6 for 13 points and 5 turnovers at home in a chance to make it to the ECF.
GrayMatter
7:47a, 5/12/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Dan Scott said:

For those keeping track at home, Playoff James was 0-6 for 0 points and 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter.

Fourth of six games this series where he has failed to break the elusive 17-point barrier.

Harden put up 4-16 and 0-6 for 13 points and 5 turnovers at home in a chance to make it to the ECF.
Wow, Embiid was the only one who had a meaningful field goal in the 4th quarter.

I'm not sure what's more disappointing: Phoenix's total no show against Denver at home or Philly's collapse in the 4th quarter at home.

Philly did beat Boston in Boston, but I don't see the Celtics have two bad games in a row at home. Philly blew it big time and Doc Rivers once again shows us why he isn't an elite level coach.

Also, I can't believe we see another Booker no show in a series clinching game. I hate to bag on the guy because he's just one player (I don't think KD is the same player anymore), but you gotta show up. He was a -27, a -27! Jamal Murray outdueled him and he's not as talented as Booker. I think they just need to re-tool (and figure out what their team is going to look like) and get rid of CP and Ayton because they're either injury prone and aren't dependable or they aren't producing when it matters most.
Iowaggie
1:28p, 5/12/23
In reply to GrayMatter
The Suns will be interesting to watch.

They have a very good player entering his prime.
They have a great player exiting his prime.
They have a center who doesn't seem all that excited to play with these guys.
They have a PG that you can count on to get injured or disappear during the playoffs on non-guaranteed deal.
Those 4 guys combine for $147 mm. Throw in Shamet and they are at $157 mm.
They have 5 UFA this summer, all lower rotational players that need to be replaced or re-signed. They have 2 more RFAs or Team option guys, but have several spots to fill.

They are sending out 4 future 1st round picks to Brooklyn and so are limited on dealing future firsts.

They are one of the better free agent markets and should start next season with 2 of the top 15 players.
Guitarsoup
2:01p, 5/12/23
In reply to Iowaggie
Iowaggie said:

The Suns will be interesting to watch.

They have a very good player entering his prime.
They have a great player exiting his prime.
They have a center who doesn't seem all that excited to play with these guys.
They have a PG that you can count on to get injured or disappear during the playoffs on non-guaranteed deal.
Those 4 guys combine for $147 mm. Throw in Shamet and they are at $157 mm.
They have 5 UFA this summer, all lower rotational players that need to be replaced or re-signed. They have 2 more RFAs or Team option guys, but have several spots to fill.

They are sending out 4 future 1st round picks to Brooklyn and so are limited on dealing future firsts.

They are one of the better free agent markets and should start next season with 2 of the top 15 players.

I think the Suns and Brooklyn are going to try to move some players for picks. Suns likely would move Ayton for draft picks but the playoffs tanked his value.

Nets are 10mm under the luxury tax and they pay repeater if they pay next year. Plus CamJohnson is a FA and will get 20mm+.

Good time to have an abundance of picks and cap room
Iowaggie
3:53p, 5/12/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Shaq and Chuck had a pretty good laugh upon hearing the wheelchair news. And once again, they are like the two kids in church or school trying to stifle a laugh when someone else is talking, but they can't help it, and then like middle school kids, make up some other excuse for what is funny. Ernie is trying to be the adult because it could be serious. Still, it was funny.
Lakers fans want Shaq's statue torn down like it's 2020 for his AD disrespect (on twitter).

Guitarsoup
9:38p, 5/12/23
Brunson shoots 14-22 for 41 points but coughs up the ball with 14s down by 2 and the Knicks are eliminated.

Beat40
10:25p, 5/12/23
Golden State is going to need to find some answers inside on offense.
sincereag
10:28p, 5/12/23
I like how Austin Reaves has been integrated into the star studded Lakers. He's similar to Caruso as a fan fave.
Beat40
10:48p, 5/12/23
Not looking good for Golden State.
QBCade
11:18p, 5/12/23
In reply to sincereag
sincereag said:

I like how Austin Reaves has been integrated into the star studded Lakers. He's similar to Caruso as a fan fave.

I can't stand Reaves
CFTXAG10
11:19p, 5/12/23
Klay Thompson must've booked a vacation after game 2. Yikes.
Beat40
11:21p, 5/12/23
In reply to QBCade
QBCade said:

sincereag said:

I can't stand Reaves

He's fun for us non Golden State fans.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 13
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode