2023-2024 NBA Highlights thread

8,956 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by oragator
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Joel embiid should have gotten a flagrant 2 .

PatAg
AG
Needs to catch an elbow in the temple
superunknown
AG
aggiephoenix02
He had a great behind the back assist too.

It's silly how someone so goofy lookin' plays with such beauty and creativity…
Guitarsoup
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
62strat
AG
Not a single whistle was blown.

Oh well, nuggets take the series time to move on.

https://www.tiktok.com/@espn/video/7362937666008042782
Guitarsoup
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Patrick Beverly throws the ball into the head of some little girl that isn't even paying attention.

Beezy2389
AG
Don't think an "apology" would be enough.
Guitarsoup
AG
Beezy2389 said:

Don't think an "apology" would be enough.
Yeah, no. Those girls can probably press charges against him for that throw.
Dan Scott
AG
I think Pat Bevs NBA career might have ended tonight.
Enzo The Baker
AG
How have nba officials gotten progressively worse over time? This game is terrible.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
That stare-down technical is going to go down as one of the worst technical fouls in NBA history. I recently saw a worst techs list where Rasheed Wallace staring at the ref was listed in the top ten...this is that - but even more benign.
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

That stare-down technical is going to go down as one of the worst technical fouls in NBA history. I recently saw a worst techs list where Rasheed Wallace staring at the ref was listed in the top ten...this is that - but even more benign.
Nothing will ever beat laughing with team mate on the bench double technical ejection.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Nothing will ever beat laughing with team mate on the bench double technical ejection.
That one ranked at number one. LMAO.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This dismantling of the nuggets is beautiful. Pompous coach and his team more worried about the whistles.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

This dismantling of the nuggets is beautiful. Pompous coach and his team more worried about the whistles.
Gobert showing that the Wolves defense wasn't him and he wasn't the DPOY.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The Wolves looked like the 1985 Bears that first half.
The Porkchop Express

The Wolves looked like the 1985 Bears that first half.
Witnessing the ascendancy of Anthony Edwards, et. al, holy ***** 73-41 over Denver in the 3Q. Nuggets shooting 30% from the floor, Wolves 55%. Cruising to a 2-0 lead on the road.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Enzo The Baker
AG
KAT has quickly turned from a questionable trade asset into the second best player on what looks to be like the WCF favorite now. Pretty incredible.
Dan Scott
AG
KAT is a great number 2 but not number 1. He did right by understanding this.

Kevin Durant needs to learn this now.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dan Scott said:

KAT is a great number 2 but not number 1. He did right by understanding this.

Kevin Durant needs to learn this now.
But his 35% Superman starts next year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Biggest surprise of this game is that KAT didn't foul out with no Gobert.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Minnesota Timberwolves dominated the Denver Nuggets on the road from start to finish to take a 2-0 lead. As a result, the Timberwolves have improved to 6-0 in the playoffs, including 4-0 on the road. Also, the Nuggets became only the second defending champion and the first since the 2011 Los Angeles Lakers to lose the first two games of a playoff series at home. In 2011, the Lakers lost the first two games of the Western Conference Semifinals at home before getting swept by the eventual NBA Finals champion Dallas Mavericks.

I knew the Nuggets' struggles against the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round were going to come back to bite them against the Timberwolves. The Nuggets defeated the Lakers 4-1, but their 4 wins were by combined margin of 24 points. In contrast, the Minnestoa Timberwolves swept the Phoenix Suns, by a combined margin of 58 points.
62strat
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

. Also, the Nuggets became only the second defending champion to lose their first two playoff games at home.

The nuggets played their first two home playoff games against the lakers and won…
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
62strat said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

. Also, the Nuggets became only the second defending champion to lose their first two playoff games at home.

The nuggets played their first two home playoff games against the lakers and won…

I meant the Nuggets became the second defending champion and the first since the 2011 Los Angels Lakers to lose the first two games of a playoff series at home. Like the 2011 Los Angels Lakers, this was in the Western Conference Semifinals. I apologize for the confusion. I didn't even realize that until the one of the NBA on TNT commentators said that.
The Porkchop Express
It's a long way from the Finals, but if the T-Wolves make it, the list of never-beens will be down to the Grizzlies (29 years), the Hornets/Bobcats (34 years), the Pelicans (22 years), and America's sweethearts, the LA Clippers, 54 years and counting!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Dan Scott
AG
Damn the Grizzlies have been around 29 years. Time flies
Guitarsoup
AG
oragator
Semi unrelated, but a nice story if you need a feel good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.