Caitlin Clark - NBA

5,461 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by South Platte
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These kind of takes crack me up. Have you ever watched a game from the 1980s? Nobody played defense until the fourth quarter and you'd regularly see players out of breath walking up the court. There was actually not a single season in the 1980s where the pace of play was slower than the pace of play during this current season. You had teams like the Nuggets whose defense consisted of waving at the opposing players as they passed by.

The rules of the game today certainly favor offenses, but the defensive talent is arguably the best it's ever been too. Especially post All Star break with the refs swallowing their whistles more and allowing the game to play out. Scottie Pippen used to be a freakish outlier because he was an athletic and aggressive 6'8 wing that could switch onto anyone, but in today's game you will see teams trying to build an entire roster of guys like that. It's okay to have nostalgia for the way the game was played when you were young, I think we all do, but don't let that blind you from the crazy amount of talent that is on display in the league today.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BudFox7 said:

The NBA is a shell of what it once was. Just dudes jogging around playing matador defense. A woman that can shoot might actually be competitive in this league.

I don't know how ppl watch the current game. They're playing with less intensity and effort than rec league.

Some random dude is scoring 50-60 every week

This take is every bit as stupid and objectively false as the "women play more fundamental basketball" claim.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
BudFox7 said:

The NBA is a shell of what it once was. Just dudes jogging around playing matador defense. A woman that can shoot might actually be competitive in this league.

I don't know how ppl watch the current game. They're playing with less intensity and effort than rec league.

Some random dude is scoring 50-60 every week
You don't know ball.
BudFox7
Hahahahaha the triggered masses!

You know you hit some truth when multiple
Ppl get set off to rage quote.

The NBA today is so so soft. Just jogging up and down the court making layups or 3s. Minimal effort. Collecting entertainment checks. YAWN
MookieBlaylock
AG
BudFox7 said:

The NBA today is so so soft. Just jogging up and down the court making layups or 3s. Minimal effort. Collecting entertainment checks. YAWN

the NBA product is terrible and getting outdrawn by ladies basketball- let that sink in -

but Clark got bodied up by a 6 foot 150lb girl that can't touch the rim
Guitarsoup
AG
PatAg
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

BudFox7 said:

the NBA product is terrible and getting outdrawn by ladies basketball- let that sink in -

but Clark got bodied up by a 6 foot 150lb girl that can't touch the rim
is it?
M.C. Swag
AG
This thread is weird.
South Platte
I should have bought Indiana Fever season tickets as an investment.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.