***MLB All-Star Game in Arlington***
1,754 Views | 22 Replies
Wheatables02
12:51p, 2/15/24
Let's start the discussion…who's going? How much do you anticipate tickets will be?

I'll start. I can't see a single seat being less than the first World Series game, which was $900 plus.

Thoughts?
AustinCountyAg
12:53p, 2/15/24
In reply to Wheatables02
Wheatables02 said:

Let's start the discussion…who's going? How much do you anticipate tickets will be?

I'll start. I can't see a single seat being less than the first World Series game, which was $900 plus.

Thoughts?
not knocking the people that choose to go, but who the hell would pay $900 to go watch an all star game that is essentially meaningless?
_lefraud_
1:14p, 2/15/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
All sporting events and other forms of entertainment are essentially "meaningless"
fc2112
2:04p, 2/15/24
I have the ability to buy my season tickets in Section 118 for the ASG. Tickets for the game are $600 per seat, $500 per seat for the HRD, and $100 a seat for Saturday. You have to buy them all, along with parking, the exhibits and a program.

Total cost for my two seat for the whole weekend is about $3000.

I'm not going.
_lefraud_
2:15p, 2/15/24
In reply to fc2112
Why not make some money on them? I'll buy them for $3000 if interested...
fc2112
2:24p, 2/15/24
$3000 for just the ASG?
_lefraud_
2:42p, 2/15/24
Derby and All-Star game
fc2112
2:53p, 2/15/24
In reply to _lefraud_
_lefraud_ said:

Derby and All-Star game
Wow.

I just looked on StubHub and tickets like mine are listed for $1900 a seat for ASG and $1200 a seat for the HRD.

Doubtful they sell for that, and there's fees of course.

I went ahead and bought them. Let me think about your generous offer. If you want to discuss it a bit more offline, email me at my username AT yahoo.com
Wheatables02
3:33p, 2/15/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

I have the ability to buy my season tickets in Section 118 for the ASG. Tickets for the game are $600 per seat, $500 per seat for the HRD, and $100 a seat for Saturday. You have to buy them all, along with parking, the exhibits and a program.

Total cost for my two seat for the whole weekend is about $3000.

I'm not going.

I bought a twenty game plan because I wanted ASG purchase ability. I was told you can only buy the ASG week and it's $1000 per ticket which is $200 cheaper than what you're listing but it's a packaged deal.
fc2112
3:37p, 2/15/24
It depends on where the tickets are. Here is the pricing guide. I am Infield Mezzanine

Keep in mind this is just the tickets for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. So mine are $100, $500 and $600.

And to buy the strip - you gotta buy parking, admission to FanFest, two programs, fees. So my $2400 for two seats quickly ballooned total cost of $3000..
Wheatables02
3:40p, 2/15/24
In reply to fc2112
Gotcha. I'm mezzanine so it checks out. $1000 for the entire week per ticket.
DallasAg 94
4:06p, 2/15/24
In reply to Wheatables02
I'm OutField Mezzanine. ~$850 per ticket for the entire week. OH... plus the Half-Season tickets.

It will be money well spent.
DallasAg 94
4:08p, 2/15/24
In reply to fc2112
I was surprised when you said you hadn't gotten them.

You'll easily double your money, IMO.
DallasAg 94
4:15p, 2/15/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

Wheatables02 said:

Thoughts?
not knocking the people that choose to go, but who the hell would pay $900 to go watch an all star game that is essentially meaningless?
It is all about what is important to you.

I was in Barcelona, one year on business. My boss was calling it an early night and I checked and saw that FC Barcelona was playing IN Barcelona that night. I'm not a Futbol fan, but I'm enough of a sports fan to know going to an FC Barcelona game at home was worth the checkbox.

Did I pay too much? Probably... Did I get in? NO. Boss lingered too long and I didn't get to Will Call before they closed it.

I could afford a BMW/Audi/Benz... or other sports car, but drive a low-cost entry level car. Why? Because I can't see spending that kind of money on something essentially meaningless. But I'll drop $500 on a Championship game for teams I don't care about.
fc2112
5:28p, 2/15/24
I was scared off by stories of last year's ASG tickets not going for all that much.

A little stroll through StubHub cured me of that.
DallasAg 94
10:07p, 2/15/24
In reply to fc2112
Well, you have a floor and I'm sure I'd be happy to upgrade my seats, if you really don't want to make much money. LoL
45-70Ag
6:26a, 2/16/24
Going to the all star game would be an incredible experience but I can upgrade the tv in our game room and porch with nice tv's for a great deal less to watch it on.
AgRyan04
8:54a, 2/16/24
Went in Houston in 2004 to the HR Derby and the AS Game....I know the pricing has escalated in the last 20 years but they were still the most expensive tickets I had ever bought at that time.

I went to the HR Derby with my brother and college buddies and then All-Star game with my Dad

The 500 HR Club at the HR Derby

At the mound from L to R: Willie Mays, Mark McGwire, Frank Robinson, Harmon Killebrew, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Mike Schmidt, Willie McCovey, Ernie Banks, Eddie Murray

Active 500 HR Club Players in uniform in the picture: Jim Thome, Junior, Sosa, Bonds, Papi, Palmero

I thought the pregame batthing practice was cooler than the game itself

My favorite thing with the All-Star game and the World Series is when they announce the lineups and they come stand on the baselines

You get some incredible pitcher v hitter matchups....this was Clemens v Ichiro....but there was Randy Johnson v A-Rod, Jeter, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PatAg
3:17p, 2/16/24
homerun derby USED to be awesome to go to. The new version kind of sucks but I bet would still be fun in person
Mr. White
1:40p, 2/17/24
If they go with the hometown team themed all-star unis, they have to be better than last season's.
AgsWin2011
7:47p, 2/17/24
Would love to take my boys but can't imagine spending $3k for the HRD or ASG.

I guess that's one I'll never check off my bucket list.

I know, memories are forever and I would cherish it forever, but mortgage is due on the 1st.
DallasAg 94
10:20a, 2/19/24
In reply to AgsWin2011
When Covid hit, and they announced the WS would be at GLF, I got as many tickets as I could when sales went public.

I didn't care who played and knowing I could never afford it, I jumped at it. I think I went to 3 games. Amazing. And I grew up a Dodger fan as a kid. Bonus.

I think you can still get Half-Season - Season Tickets and may still provide ASG packages. Mr. Gig'Em can help with that.

My thought is while it might be a big cost up front... assurance on ASG txts is worth it.

We are finally at a point that my kids can go to games without us and they can take their gf's or buddies, so we don't have to go to all the games.

It will also be a good excuse to get out of the house more regularly. Covid made most people more sedentary and home-bodies. This will give a schedule for getting out.
fc2112
3:52p, 2/19/24
StubHub vs SeatGeek for reselling.

If I read correctly, both charge 15% seller fees. Is that right?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings