*** CAPITAL GAINS: THE 2024 JOEY GALLO APPRECIATION THREAD ***

11,644 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by YokelRidesAgain
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Donkey ain't skeered of no Major League debut!!!

He has kept his eyes tightly shut and struck out twice, raising his whiffing percentage to an otherworldly .583!!!

Third at-bat in process!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
YES BABY, THAT IS THE WAY YOU DO IT!!!

DONKEY FIGHTS OFF A 3-0 COUNT AND STRIKES OUT LOOKING!!!

HE IS IN SOLE POSSESSION OF THE MAJOR LEAGUE LEAD WITH FORTY-THREE!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
toucan82
Hmmm.... might need to get a hit or two next game to stay in the lineup
YokelRidesAgain
AG
toucan82 said:

Hey man, don't be hating!!!

Donkey hit a fly ball to the outfield in the 9th, and led the Gnats to a glorious 3-1 victory over the loathsome Florida Fish.

They are only three games out of a wildcard spot! Don't mess with greatness!!!

Also, don't forget that Donkey is protecting Gnats' right fielder, Eddie Rosario, who is dangerously close to falling under half of the Mendoza line. The Donk is a great teammate. He doesn't want to make anyone feel unequal.
DeProfundis
https://www.sevenyardsback.com/post/joey-gallo-is-no-hero

The hit pieces are coming out. Some people think it's something called a "statistical anomie" that Jeff Samarkand has 1 more sac fly than Gallo despite 3000 less at bats, and being at a position that is no longer allowed to bat.

You can't steal second base with your foot on first, and you can't fight city hall.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
With his heroics last night, Donkey passed two Hall of Famers (Roberto Clemente and Larry Walker) on the all time list.

He now has two others squarely in his sights, needing only a Golden Sombrero to pass Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, and tie Duke Snider.

Banks required a ludicrous 10,396 at bats to strike out 1236 times, whereas Joey is at 1233 after only 3234 attempts.

Banks did pick it up a little as he aged, making it to 101 strikeouts in his age 39 season, but overall it was a highly disappointing performance.
The Porkchop Express
toucan82 said:

That's not how Donkey Donkeys.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..
YokelRidesAgain
AG
..OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

DONKEY IS ON THE TEN DAY IL! WITH A LEFT AC SPRAIN!!

THIS MUST HAVE HAPPENED WHEN HE MADE CONTACT LAST NIGHT!!

OR IS IT ALL JUST PART OF A GIANT CONSPIRACY BETWEEN THE OWNERS AND THE COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE?

The Porkchop Express
A little extra donkey sauce

When the count if 0-2 this year, he is a perfect 6-6 on striking out.
When it's 1-2, he has struck out 7 times in 9 at-bats
When it's 2-2, 16 times in 18 at-bats.
When it's 3-2, 14 strikeouts in 19 at-bats.

So when Joey has 2 strikes and swings at the next pitch, he is 4 for 52 with 43 strikeouts.
So if a pitcher gets 2 strikes on him and he swings at the next pitch, he's going to strike out 82.7% of the time.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
toucan82
Sometimes life just isn't fair
The Porkchop Express
As you can see, Martinez is crying at the start of this clip having lost his Donkey.

Here's a great clip of Joey from 3 years ago being pissed about the pictures of him on a video game.

YokelRidesAgain
AG
AMERICA HELD HOSTAGE DAY #2: THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES

After Joey was condemned to the IL with a mysterious ailment that would have made Vladimir Putin blush, the Gnats fought back against the Florida Fish in a tribute to their fallen leader, with a Fightin' Texas Aggie baseball-esque 12-9 win after facing a 7-0 deficit.

Unfortunately, the Triple A pug who is stealing Donkey's spot in right field, Alex "Lauren Ba" Call went 2 for 2 with 2 walks and three runs scored, which many moronic MLB "insiders" think is good.

Thankfully, Joey's useless nemesis Joey Menses somehow contrived to go 0 for SIX with ZERO strikeouts, which I'm not sure how is even possible.

Give the kids what they want!

They want STRIKEOUTS! They want FREE RANGE DONKEY!!!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
This lowlife, who is apparently plotting to start the COVID-24 pandemic in the Twins clubhouse, is what Donkey had to deal with last year.

There is no doubt that Rockhead is an integral part of the conspiracy to keep the good Donkey down!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.