Ohtani, will he play a game for the Dodgers?

12,796 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by The Porkchop Express
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ohtani Bank Account

That article proves my #2 point. This is a failure on so many levels. Agent, player, financial advisor, accountant and so many just proving that they are all complete morons. You would think that after 6 years of playing with a team that he would have picked up on at least a few English words. At least enough to know to communicate in someway with the people around him and only need an interpreter to help now and then. To have no ability to understand anything around is amazing or a complete new level of dumb.
Sea Speed
AG
That may also be part of his Japanese culture. They are a proud people and some look at English in a very negative light.
Proposition Joe
n_touch said:

Ohtani Bank Account

That article proves my #2 point. This is a failure on so many levels. Agent, player, financial advisor, accountant and so many just proving that they are all complete morons. You would think that after 6 years of playing with a team that he would have picked up on at least a few English words. At least enough to know to communicate in someway with the people around him and only need an interpreter to help now and then. To have no ability to understand anything around is amazing or a complete new level of dumb.

Entertainers and professional athletes that aren't the smartest and don't have a good grasp of their finances is a story as old as time.
Mathguy64
AG
https://sports.yahoo.com/shohei-ohtani-scandal-the-5-most-surprising-revelations-of-ippei-mizuharas-criminal-complaint-222700264.html

And now it's up to $40MM in total net losses and the book was stalking Shohei as a threat to get paid.

Shohei is an idiot just moved to the top of the list.
Corporal Punishment
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

This dude is eating the bullet for Ohtani.

Not a bullet. I would assume it's a samurai sword thrust through his own thorax. Try to be culturally sensitive, please.
The Porkchop Express
I'm sort of impressed the guy was able to keep up with the translating gig while spending so much of the day gambling.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.