SINGLE

ONE
gambochaman
4:09p, 4/25/24
'we just need to win one and go from there'

dana brown tomorrow...probably
MaxPower
Trade Tucker, Framber, JV, and Bregman then give Soto his half billion dollar bag this offseason.
Wabs
Maybe we need to nuke this thread and start another one with an appropriate title
GigEM96
4:10p, 4/25/24
2023 Suck at Home

2024 Suck Everywhere, about to include Mexico

tailgatetimer10
4:11p, 4/25/24
In reply to W
that's one way to solve our home record issues. the backwards way of fixing it but, its fixed.
Bobcat-Ag
4:11p, 4/25/24
At this point, only a miracle would get us to the playoffs. Very disappointed, but I guess it's better than years of mediocre results before changes are made.
EastCoastAgNc
4:12p, 4/25/24
In reply to MaxPower
MaxPower said:

Trade Tucker, Framber, JV, and Bregman then give Soto his half billion dollar bag this offseason.
On the block:
- Tucker
- Framber
- Bregman
- JV
- Pressley
- Carantini
- Dubon
- Chas / Jake
- Dana Brown
- Jim Crane
W
4:12p, 4/25/24
the top of the 9th tells a story...

Yordan and Tucker both walk on 19 combined pitches

but then Yainer, Pena, and Singleton go down on 3 ground balls on 8 total pitches

it's a huge drop-off in quality of hitter...and the opponent knows it
Beat40
4:14p, 4/25/24
In reply to Texas A&M
Texas A&M said:

Beat40 said:

Texas A&M said:

Texas A&M said:

At what point do they fire the manager? All the blames isn't his, but you're not going to cut players at this point.. except for maybe Abreu (1st base).

The players in that dugout how Joe a huge freaking apology. They are letting him down in a massive way.
You may be right, but there's too much talent on this team to let this continue much longer.

Wasn't this the team that everyone said last year anyone can manage? Didn't everyone say any of use from TexAgs could have managed them to the ALCS?

So, it's either 2 options - 1) Dusty Baker actually is a good manager or 2) These players are letting Joe down in a big way.

While I personally think Dusty is a pretty decent manager, I lean more towards these players are letting the guy they supposedly love down. These aren't fresh from the farm guys. There is an MVP, a runner up for MVP, and two MVP candidates batting 1-4 with a WS MVP batting 6th. There are 3 all-stars in the back of the bullpen.

All except the MVP are not doing anything when it counts. Could that be the manager? I guess. But Espada has been in that dugout the past couple of years helping prepare that team on a daily basis. The leaders supposedly love Espada.

They are not playing like it, and I'm putting this more on them at this point in the season.
MaxPower
In reply to W
I dunno, I was impressed Jon was able to hit a grounder on a pitch neck high.
GigEM96
Need to bench people

Need to start Dubon and Caratini

Need to drop underperformers in the order

Call up Loperfido

Something, anything

f1ghtintexasaggie
4:15p, 4/25/24
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

Texas A&M said:

Texas A&M said:

At what point do they fire the manager? All the blames isn't his, but you're not going to cut players at this point.. except for maybe Abreu (1st base).

The players in that dugout how Joe a huge freaking apology. They are letting him down in a massive way.

They are gonna get him fired before the year is out, and he will never get another shot. I feel bad for the guy, because in truth he can only do so much. He's trying different things (as opposed to the stubborn donkey of years past), but the players are failing utterly and embarrassingly.
EastCoastAgNc
4:16p, 4/25/24

Team imitates their manager
tjack16
4:16p, 4/25/24
It'll suck if we have to trade JV because I think he's still got a great season in him and so far this year he's been solid. But he would fetch a lot.

Extend Tucker and Framber if you can. Build you're core around the following

Position players: Altuve, Yordan, Tucker, Diaz, Pena
Pitchers: Framber, Javier, LMJ, Garcia, B Abreu

Anybody else I'm okay with trading away
GigEM96
4:17p, 4/25/24
Hey, PEDs

Apparently no longer prohibited

Bobcat-Ag
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

Texas A&M said:

Beat40 said:

Texas A&M said:

Texas A&M said:

You may be right, but there's too much talent on this team to let this continue much longer.

Wasn't this the team that everyone said last year anyone can manage? Didn't everyone say any of use from TexAgs could have managed them to the ALCS?

So, it's either 2 options - 1) Dusty Baker actually is a good manager or 2) These players are letting Joe down in a big way.

While I personally think Dusty is a pretty decent manager, I lean more towards these players are letting the guy they supposedly love down. These aren't fresh from the farm guys. There is an MVP, a runner up for MVP, and two MVP candidates batting 1-4 with a WS MVP batting 6th. There are 3 all-stars in the back of the bullpen.

All except the MVP are not doing anything when it counts. Could that be the manager? I guess. But Espada has been in that dugout the past couple of years helping prepare that team on a daily basis. The leaders supposedly love Espada.

They are not playing like it, and I'm putting this more on them at this point in the season.

There is not enough talent at AAA pushing for a call up, so there is no urgency to perform. They got complacent and can't flip the switch.
BayAg_14
Someone has to lose their job soon.

MaxPower
In reply to Beat40
If there's one thing I will give Dusty it's that he was an old fart and he wasn't going to take **** from anyone, including the owner. I fear we have a bunch of yes men and former players pretending to have a clue what they're doing running this thing. Thats what Crane "trusts". Trusting people actively destroying your baby is an odd way to go out but I guess that's how he rolls.
tjack16
4:18p, 4/25/24

Call him Crane
MaxPower
4:19p, 4/25/24
In reply to tjack16
tjack16 said:

It'll suck if we have to trade JV because I think he's still got a great season in him and so far this year he's been solid. But he would fetch a lot.

Extend Tucker and Framber if you can. Build you're core around the following

Position players: Altuve, Yordan, Tucker, Diaz, Pena
Pitchers: Framber, Javier, LMJ, Garcia, B Abreu

Anybody else I'm okay with trading away
So trade the losers, which will get you with nothing, and replace them with guys from the worst farm in MLB? Is this Jeff or Reggie?
GigEM96
LOL lack of any fire

Anybody even gonna bother with a locker room tirade?

Bring Brother Phil back so he can show people how to put a mf'n locker in its place
GigEM96
In reply to tjack16
tjack16 said:

Call him Crane

It's time

Chef Elko
4:20p, 4/25/24
In reply to GigEM96
They are bringing up some muff cabbage guy
GigEM96
4:20p, 4/25/24
In reply to MaxPower
MaxPower said:

If there's one thing I will give Dusty it's that he was an old fart and he wasn't going to take **** from anyone, including the owner. I fear we have a bunch of yes men and former players pretending to have a clue what they're doing running this thing. Thats what Crane "trusts". Trusting people actively destroying your baby is an odd way to go out but I guess that's how he rolls.

Surely Jim Crane didn't make eleventy billion dollars accepting mediocrity and being afraid of making decisions?

Marvin
4:22p, 4/25/24
Ok, since I'm still on a barstool this afternoon, let's talk reset:

1. Do nothing, hoping the law of averages at least gets this team back to near respectability to salvage sunk cost with that luxury tax payroll.
2. Change the coaches, because that is the next cheapest option.
3. Fire the entire coaching staff, including Espada.
4. Split the baby and get the feelers out for a semi-reset, with Bregman and a few other expiring or soon-to-be expiring contracts as trade bait- but with an eye to competing next year.
5. Harder reset, including trades with Tucker and Valdez, but holding onto Alvarez, Pena, and Diaz.
6. Full reset and put EVERYONE except Altuve on the market.
7. Go the full nasty and flip the entire ship.

I cannot see 6 or 7 as an option with Crane still owning the team, and it's the most kneejerk option. Thankfully, GMs and owners don't think this short term. Also because Crane still owns the team, I don't see 1 as a likely solution. He seems to be a mover/shaker.

So, between 2 - 5, which would it be? I'll go with 2 and possibly 4. I don't see Crane hanging this on Espada. Brown maybe, and surely some coaches, but not the rookie manager.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beat40
4:25p, 4/25/24
In reply to GigEM96
GigEM96 said:

MaxPower said:

Surely Jim Crane didn't make eleventy billion dollars accepting mediocrity and being afraid of making decisions?

His decision making is a large part of why the Astros are in the position they are currently in…
Unemployed
4:27p, 4/25/24
All I do is Nguyen needs to change his username to All I do is Lose. Need to reverse jinx this thread and team.
MaxPower
In reply to Marvin
Think you have to go 1 as long as you can but come June you go straight to 5. I don't see a way trading just guys with expiring deals this year (effectively Bregman) does enough to change your long term trajectory. You have to look at JV and one of Tucker or Framber. I see no way they resign both Tucker and Framber so maybe you just keep whichever one you think is a realistic extension candidate.
AggiEE
We really need to try something new at 1B

Dubon? Surely he can play? Singleton is just a massive disappointment
Marvin
4:28p, 4/25/24
In reply to BayAg_14
BayAg_14 said:

Someone has to lose their job soon.

I was in preschool. This makes me feel ****ty old.
Breggy Popup
4:29p, 4/25/24
In reply to EastCoastAgNc
EastCoastAgNc said:

You just know he walked up and said, "Hey I need to try and fire these guys up. Toss me and yell a little."
Marvin
4:30p, 4/25/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

You just know he walked up and said, "Hey I need to try and fire these guys up. Toss me and yell a little."

"I'm tired of watching these lolligaggers. Do me a solid."
Marvin
4:31p, 4/25/24
In reply to Breggy Popup
Bregxit said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

"Will you run me if I call you a **********?"
Marvin
4:33p, 4/25/24
In reply to MaxPower
MaxPower said:

Think you have to go 1 as long as you can but come June you go straight to 5. I don't see a way trading just guys with expiring deals this year (effectively Bregman) does enough to change your long term trajectory. You have to look at JV and one of Tucker or Framber. I see no way they resign both Tucker and Framber so maybe you just keep whichever one you think is a realistic extension candidate.

Yeah, my post was too long with timeframes included but you make a good point. Gotta make a token move, I think. Maybe dump Abreu and fire Cintron, hoping that sends a message? If not, wait for the market to heat up near the trade deadline and get what you can.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 377 of 767
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings