*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]
290,239 Views | 6164 Replies
KT 90
10:42a, 3/29/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Some thoughts about the game.

I was glad Duran got the GS at 1B on OD. He deserves it and he did a great job. I'm not sure how they plan to use Walsh, but giving Duran the nod on OD was a nice touch.

At the end of the year, when we're looking at "cost/win" the $1.7M paid for Jankowski has already met the ROI. I have to believe he had other options for more and more years?! Especially concerning for him had to be Langford. In his session with Langford, Bochy said told Langford it was their expectation at the end of '23, that he'd be on the OD roster in '24. Jankowski knows his role with the Rangers and that has to give more comfort than money.

Sborzy looked confident. Then, he looked mid-season Sborzy. After the GRD it was like he took a deep breath and remembered, "I got the last freaking out to win the World Series. I'm taking over."

Not sure if the Langford hype has distracted Evan Carter. Maybe it was OD... he'll settle in. But Langford and Jankowski certainly planted themselves firmly in the game.

The game experience was different than usual, IMO. I didn't go to many games in '23. I was in 136. It is the OF... the cheap OF seats and the concern was packed with SRO. I'd be interested in hearing other's thoughts. Fans just didn't seem to care (in a good way) and had a freedom to engage in the game. Usually, Rangers fans are a little more timid and reserved. There was more of a confidence like, "We're World Series Champions."

I think I'm going to like it out there. Growing up we always sat in the OF cause that was our economic level. Not sure if it was just OD, but there were lots of people who just didn't give a care... in a good way (mostly).

Sure, there might have been a fan or two removed. Mostly because the Six Shooters were right there. I was surprised at the boldness of some of the fans. At one point a fan called over the woman that leads them (red jacket) and he asked her if the Six Shooters could do something for his buddy. Not sure if it was his birthday or what. But I think he asked if his buddy could climb up there with them and get a picture. To which I think she responded, "I would get fired."

Last year, we were like 0-63 in games we were behind in the 8th inning or later. This year, we are 1-0.
Last year, we converted 48% of Save Opps. This year we are 1-0. Or does that count as 1-1?!

Lots of Cubbie fans, but not too bad.

All-in-all, I think this is going to be a great season of baseball (G1 projection) where we go 162-0 and the atmosphere is going to be great.

It was a walkoff win, so no save last night. Robertson would get the win.
Flounder Dorfman
10:44a, 3/29/24
What is a worse Rangers trade than that? There has to be one, but I'm not remembering it.

Awesome night and had an absolute blast. Allergies acted up as the banner was revealed.

Noticed the lack of Deep in the Heart of Texas and Cotton Eyed Joe. We're all happy and excited about the World Series Championship, but let's get that back in as staples immediately.
rbtexan
10:46a, 3/29/24
In reply to Mozart Paintings

n/m
KT 90
10:49a, 3/29/24
In reply to Flounder Dorfman
Flounder Dorfman said:

What is a worse Rangers trade than that? There has to be one, but I'm not remembering it.

Awesome night and had an absolute blast. Allergies acted up as the banner was revealed.

Noticed the lack of Deep in the Heart of Texas and Cotton Eyed Joe. We're all happy and excited about the World Series Championship, but let's get that back in as staples immediately.

Maybe the Lee Mazilli for Darling and Terrell trade? We were supposedly chasing a division title, but that didn't happen. And then Mazilli hated it here, or something like that (and also wasn't very good if I recall....). Then of course Darling and Terrell both had 15 year (or so) careers as starting pitchers....

Mozart Paintings
10:49a, 3/29/24
In reply to rbtexan
I shouldn't have said anything about politics - that's my bad. I have taken that part out.

But last night they played God Bless the USA. I would much prefer God Bless America.
Fuzzy Dunlop
10:52a, 3/29/24
In reply to cmiller00
cmiller00 said:

Is Janko's hit still a home run with the roof open?

The balls Carter and Taveras hit to similar places earlier died out there. El Blondi must be on steroids the way thatbthing flew ot of there.

Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
11:00a, 3/29/24
In reply to KT 90
That's right. I even saw he got the W.

I got the dumbs this morning. Still celebrating.
DallasAg 94
11:04a, 3/29/24
Sosa?

July 29, 1989: Traded by the Texas Rangers with Wilson lvarez and Scott Fletcher to the Chicago White Sox for Harold Baines and Fred Manrique.
gigem1223
11:08a, 3/29/24
The Astros are 7-23 in their last 30 home games
cmiller00
11:12a, 3/29/24
On Jan. 6, 2006, the Rangers traded Adrin Gonzlez, Terrmel Sledge and Chris Young to the San Diego Padres in exchange for Adam Eaton, Akinori Otsuka and Billy Killian.

Who knew this trade would lead to a World Series almost 20 years later by pairing Young with Bochy.
sburg2007
11:19a, 3/29/24
My big take aways from last night… great to see so much tailgating. Reminded me of 2011-2019 openers.

Did they not check what banner would look like before placing it and dropping it?

I was in 119 row 5. Used to sit in 118 row 15. The sound when music, Chuck, and Bochy spoke was AWFUL. It sounded like muffled loudness. Anyone else observe that or just my new seats?

I made it out only spending $12 on a cup that came with a beer. Small price to pay for opening day/ World Series co branded.

Opening day '47 brand cap for $45. Way too dang much but I didn't buy food so I got out cheap!

A few plays that should get cleaned up. Nate looked pretty good even with some hard contact early. Good QS from him.

Hate seeing injuries. Hope Steele is alright. Turf monster isn't forgiving.

Day off today kills me when we know weather isn't a concern.
fc2112
11:25a, 3/29/24
Section 118, Row 18. A little warm under the overhang last night. Cannot see right field board from there, but view of home plate is so good, no complaints.

Atmosphere was incredible as others have said.

So glad I have today off - wife has to work. I wished her well on her way out at 5 AM and she gave a few choice words back.
fc2112
11:32a, 3/29/24
Ump score from last night. About what I expected - I thought the misses favored the Rangers a bit

Of course, missed foul tip was big, but a reasonable miss considering where it was. That play need to be reviewable.

PatAg
11:37a, 3/29/24
Need to revisit the lack of Pat Green victory music. Can't be ditching that
DallasAg 94
11:54a, 3/29/24
FWIW... Matt Duffy signed a new Minor League deal with the Rangers. I didn't realize he played during parts of 3 seasons with Bochy in SFG.

Not sure how many offers he had, but nice to have him aboard.
Mr Gigem
11:55a, 3/29/24
In reply to fc2112
Do you want to move your seats lower so you can see the video board?
DallasAg 94
11:57a, 3/29/24
In reply to sburg2007
sburg2007 said:

I was in 119 row 5. Used to sit in 118 row 15. The sound when music, Chuck, and Bochy spoke was AWFUL. It sounded like muffled loudness. Anyone else observe that or just my new seats?
It sounded great in the OF.

Quote:

Day off today kills me when we know weather isn't a concern.
I took today off. Would be nice for some more baseball.

DallasAg 94
12:00p, 3/29/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

Section 118, Row 18. A little warm under the overhang last night. Cannot see right field board from there, but view of home plate is so good, no complaints.

Atmosphere was incredible as others have said.

So glad I have today off - wife has to work. I wished her well on her way out at 5 AM and she gave a few choice words back.

I think it was warm all over. Certainly where we were. When the wife says it is warm... it is warm.

I told her with all the SRO and all the excited (hot air) and fan enthusiasm, it probably got warmer than they'd expected.

Also, they could have keep the doors behind Home Plate open when the Rangers batted to allow some cooler air in.
DallasAg 94
12:05p, 3/29/24
In reply to fc2112
I have to get used to our PoV. We're out in almost CF and judging the pitches is like watching pitches from the camera that is over the P to the normal camera side view, so there is some parallax.
fc2112
1:21p, 3/29/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
Mr Gigem said:

Do you want to move your seats lower so you can see the video board?

And still be in aisle? Yes.
Mr Gigem
1:33p, 3/29/24
There's a field suite behind home plate with your name on it
nai06
1:35p, 3/29/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
How much does something like that cost? Not that I could afford it.
Mr Gigem
1:37p, 3/29/24
In reply to nai06
It's prorated half season package, so it's 31 games at this point. $207k + tax for 2024. 5 year contract. Goes back up to $288k in 2025 for 41 games
Goldie Wilson
1:41p, 3/29/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
Do you do single-game hospitality? Would like to take my parents to a game they're both in their 70s and are huge Rangers fans, but have never done a suite or anything like that. Would probably be 6-10 people total.
Mr Gigem
1:50p, 3/29/24
In reply to Goldie Wilson
Yes I do. Email me jchance@texasrangers.com.
kill0509
2:01p, 3/29/24
Hey Mr. Gigem, will the TexAgs code work on the community nights? We still haven't been to the new ballpark yet and are looking at finally getting to make a trip back to Arlington.
Mr Gigem
2:03p, 3/29/24
In reply to kill0509
I don't believe so. Those community nights are separate initiatives and require a special ticket that is purchased online.
94chem
2:18p, 3/29/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Sosa?

July 29, 1989: Traded by the Texas Rangers with Wilson lvarez and Scott Fletcher to the Chicago White Sox for Harold Baines and Fred Manrique.

So we got the only HoFer in that deal.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
rbtexan
2:50p, 3/29/24
In reply to 94chem
That was a terrible trade for the Rangers as it turned out.
Job314
3:08p, 3/29/24
Jankowski is such an underrated player for us. I wouldn't mind trading Leody to get some pitching help and allow Jankowski to be the 4th outfielder with Langford in LF, Carter in CF and Garcia in RF.
Grapesoda2525
3:40p, 3/29/24
Flounder Dorfman said:

Brad Wilkerson trade was really awful.
fc2112
4:28p, 3/29/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
Mr Gigem said:

It's prorated half season package, so it's 31 games at this point. $207k + tax for 2024. 5 year contract. Goes back up to $288k in 2025 for 41 games
Cheaper than the ensuing divorce, but I'll pass.
Fenrir
4:32p, 3/29/24
In reply to Job314
Personally, leody makes me irrationally annoyed so I'm done with getting something for him
shack009
4:50p, 3/29/24
In reply to Fenrir
Fenrir said:

Personally, leody makes me irrationally annoyed so I'm done with getting something for him

But he had the most important AB of the game last night by forcing their pitcher to injure himself fielding one of the worst push bunts you'll see.
DannyDuberstein
5:13p, 3/29/24
A fast, lefthanded, leadoff hitting CF who can't bunt for **** is definitely a headscratcher
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 16 of 177
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings