*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]
321,536 Views | 6724 Replies
DeangeloVickers
9:16p, 5/1/24
Those first two strikes were perfect pitches. Brutal
Mozart Paintings
9:19p, 5/1/24
Fitting end to that piece of ****
DeangeloVickers
This offense is offensive
ryanhnc10
Well that was a pathetic bottom 9. Woof
Mr Gigem
JFC
GreasenUSA
9:20p, 5/1/24
I hate baseball.
Ag Since 83
9:20p, 5/1/24
Embarrasing
Slided bread
9:21p, 5/1/24
Just when we thought the offense might have figured it out and Heandog pitches a gem.
Super Aggie 64
Third shutout at home. Ouch!
Mozart Paintings
Go Stars go Mavs
sburg2007
Geezus that was awful. Dragging me down after a stars win. I just don't understand how the bats are so putrid. I'd say give seager a couple days but what do you do? Put Zeke in? Gah wasting Heaney start like that is so damn frustrating.
alvtimes
Perfect example of why W's and L's arent a good measure for pitchers usually. Absolutely gave one away there
I dont know if this is the answer….. but Seager seems like 10 days off might help.
Mr Gigem
9:23p, 5/1/24
Seager probably needs a 10/15 IL stint
sburg2007
9:25p, 5/1/24
Tomorrow I take my son to his first game of the season. Looking forward to hotdogs and explaining why we don't score.
Tksymm7
9:30p, 5/1/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
He doesn't look hurt though. He's swinging like normal and fielding like normal. He just looks like *****
Mr Gigem
9:34p, 5/1/24
In reply to Tksymm7
I think he's severely hamstrung by his hernia surgery recovery
Ag Since 83
9:42p, 5/1/24
Really need to win tomorrow. A losing home stand would be really bad. Just guessing how Bochy will handle the day game, we are probably going to have to do it with Knizner and Wendzel in the lineup.
bmac_aggie18
9:46p, 5/1/24
We basically have an offense without Jung or Seager, our 2 biggest sluggers, and it's clear as day
PatriotAg02
9:59p, 5/1/24
I don't think we have the same drive to win like last year. They seem content to just f around.
DallasAg 94
11:20p, 5/1/24
In reply to PatriotAg02
PatriotAg02 said:

I don't think we have the same drive to win like last year. They seem content to just f around.
I don't think in May you have the same expectation you'd have in Sept.

A W in Sept is the same in the standings as a W in April/May.

But a win 1.0 GB in April doesn't have the same intensity/expectation as a 1.0GB W in Sept.

This is a gring.

Thankful for Heaney's 7.0 IP 1ER. Wasted performance, but we'll get there. The prize isn't in May... it is in Oct/Nov.
Grapesoda2525
11:58p, 5/1/24
YOU GOTTA BE FREAKING KIDDING ME.

I watched the highlights because I've been busy with other things and I'm watching our stars / mavs playoff games on my dvr, but good god man I am so glad I missed this giant steamy stanky nasty putrid disgusting pathetic excuse for a baseball game.

How the hell do you blow 2 bases loaded and nobody out situations at home when all the fans are rooting for you?

Have we caught the Astros home hitting infection? I just can't believe that **** actually happened.

Shoot me now
hawk1689
3:38a, 5/2/24
My brother lives in Little Rock and his cable service (Xfiniti) jusy dropped Bally Sports. Any tips for how to watch the Rangers and Stars out of market?
fc2112
5:55a, 5/2/24
In reply to Grapesoda2525
Overreacting much to an early May loss? This was the performance I really wanted to see from Heaney.

BTW - I'll be there today. Nothing quite like day drinking.
KT 90
6:52a, 5/2/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

Overreacting much to an early May loss? This was the performance I really wanted to see from Heaney.

The bats will come around, Seager isn't going to slump for the whole season. I think he is playing hurt, likely knowing that he needs to be in there with Jung out. He could use a day off imo.

Good to see the nice outing from Heaney, but can he repeat that? Scherzer may be ready soon, Leiter is a possibility if he keeps doing what he is doing in AAA, so Heaney might end up in the pen anyway.
Grapesoda2525
7:15a, 5/2/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

We've been shut out 3 times at home in less than a month. Almost no hit a few times. Unacceptable.
beagle2009
8:00a, 5/2/24
In reply to Grapesoda2525
And yet we are still 1GB from the division lead. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Relax dude.
Proposition Joe
8:22a, 5/2/24
UNACCEPTABLE AND I DEMAND ANSWERS
Jimtim1216
8:23a, 5/2/24
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
Tksymm7
8:47a, 5/2/24
In reply to beagle2009
It is, and Grape is definitely one of the more passionate fans here, but I think there are some pretty concerning offensive stats and trends going on with this team.

I don't really want to address the Jung and Seager debacle. We all know how important they are to this lineup, and one of them will be out till the end of may and the other is in another universe at the moment. The only thing I question here now is, how good is Seager going to be when he gets fully healthy or completely resets his game? I think last year was the peak of what Seager can be (statistically the best season he's ever had), so expecting him to return to that level isn't the most likely thing imo. Can we at least get him back to a .275/.850 OPS guy, which is still below his career averages, but would be an absolute boon to this team right now? His expected numbers look solid, which is a good sign, but they are still far form elite or his career averages.

My biggest concern is that we are starting two rookies. I get it that they are getting good experience which will hopefully result in good production by the end of the year, but it can take a big chunk of time (even a whole season) for rookies to figure it out. There's no way around it at the moment, they are hurting us at the plate. Langford more recently than Carter.

On top of that we are getting a pretty concerning season from Heim at the plate as well. His Baseball Savant page is a walking red flag at the moment. I am talking shocking. I don't even want to discuss Taveras. So overall that is 5/9 guys in your lineup that you are getting almost nothing from at the moment. How we are above .500 is beyond tbh.

ETA: Jonah Heim Baseball Savant
DallasAg 94
10:21a, 5/2/24
There is no need to panic until after the ASG.

We are closer to be 1st in the AL... than Ouston is to us.
Tksymm7
10:35a, 5/2/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
I'm not panicking. I just want to point out that I think there are some real issues that need to be rectified or considered. We can't just keep chalking some of this up to a "slow start" and what not. The starters are approaching the mid-100's in AB's, and May is a huge month in determining who you and where you are headed.

The good news is that I trust CY, the front office and Bochy to either figure it out or get guys in here who can help figure it out.
rwhitlock3
10:51a, 5/2/24
Don't worry guys, I am headed out to the park today to wake the bats up! Eovaldi on the bump and will (hopefully) get a ton of run support!

Been a rough stretch but you have to break out of it sometime... might as well be today!
Mr Gigem
11:38a, 5/2/24
Eating lunch next to some of the Six Shooters at the moment. Would just like to reiterate how much they have been upgraded this year. Goodness
Water Boy
11:53a, 5/2/24
It's actually encouraging to see we are still above .500 with all the injuries and lack of offensive production from key players. This time last year I think we had 3 more wins but that was with a hot start and hot offense. This offense is too talented to stay this bad for the rest of the year.
Legal Custodian
11:56a, 5/2/24
In reply to Water Boy
Water Boy said:

It's actually encouraging to see we are still above .500 with all the injuries and lack of offensive production from key players. This time last year I think we had 3 more wins but that was with a hot start and hot offense. This offense is too talented to stay this bad for the rest of the year.
While I agree, but we can't really say that Jung's injury has hurt us offensively as Smith has more than held his own. We could say defensively but he's held his own there as well especially when you look at his play from last night.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 147 of 193
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings