Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED
43,502 Views | 862 Replies
gigem1223
3:57p, 4/5/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Let's just start with tonight's game.

I sold my tickets for tomorrow's game at almost 3x, but will be there Monday to get my "Evan Carter ALCS Catch Bobblehead."

Remember that catch?!

Christ, his head is even bigger than I remember.

Definitely on steroids
DallasAg 94
4:14p, 4/5/24
In reply to jkag89
A "Cruz" type catch could have changed everything.

Whatever it is you do with the Aggies+Astros that leads to the Astros stuggling... do that.
I support you.
DallasAg 94
4:15p, 4/5/24

DallasAg 94 said:

I sold my tickets for tomorrow's game at almost 3x, but will be there Monday to get my "Evan Carter ALCS Catch Bobblehead."

Remember that catch?!

With most people, I'd say if he won RoY, we'd have to keep the roof open to fit his melon inside, but the kid is so unassuming.
The Porkchop Express
4:30p, 4/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Remember that catch?!

With most people, I'd say if he won RoY, we'd have to keep the roof open to fit his melon inside, but the kid is so unassuming.
Is it true that every time Evan Carter smiles, a kitten magically appears?
The Porkchop Express
4:34p, 4/5/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Remember that catch?!

Definitely on steroids
RIP the Adolis Garcia Steroid Thread
April 2, 2024, 3:30 p.m. - April 2, 2024, 3:47 p.m.
Gone, But Not Forgotten
DallasAg 94
4:37p, 4/5/24

DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Remember that catch?!

You'll have to visit The Grill in Arlington to find out.
The Porkchop Express
4:37p, 4/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Remember that catch?!

You'll have to visit The Grill in Arlington to find out.
What's the Grill?
DallasAg 94
4:41p, 4/5/24
Hamburger Dan
9:55p, 4/5/24
Damn, who would've thought the Rangers could squeeze in an other day off?
Silent For Too Long
10:38p, 4/5/24
Nice W Arlington Roid Ragers.

See you dorks tomorrow. Hopefully we can scratch out a single win in this series since yall are totally our World Series, Final Four, Superbowl, Indy 500, and Moon Landing all rolled into 1.

We really, really care about your franchise that had done nothing of note until 9 months ago.
LeagueCityAg
10:41p, 4/5/24
In reply to Silent For Too Long
Silent For Too Long said:

See you dorks tomorrow. Hopefully we can scratch out a single win in this series since yall are totally our World Series, Final Four, Superbowl, Indy 500, and Moon Landing all rolled into 1.

We really, really care about your franchise that had done nothing of note until 9 months ago.
Oh he mad mad
LeagueCityAg
10:42p, 4/5/24
Friendly reminder, Adolis Garcia still owns the trashtros!
Jsimonds58
10:42p, 4/5/24
Jsimonds58
10:44p, 4/5/24
Man you are rocking some Dead Sea levels of salt huh?
Silent For Too Long
10:51p, 4/5/24
Oh man I'm suicidal right now. Thanks for your concern guys.
FriscoKid
11:12p, 4/5/24
gigem1223
11:35p, 4/5/24
Cody Bradford's head size just grew 2" tonight
JWinTX
11:48p, 4/5/24

This sounded better in your head…it's ok that yall lost a game to the city you hate so much. It happens…
Silent For Too Long
11:52p, 4/5/24
In reply to JWinTX
Awe, thanks. It IS OK isn't it?
Lt. Joe Bookman
12:10a, 4/6/24
agent-maroon
12:25a, 4/6/24
In reply to Lt. Joe Bookman

ADOLIS GARCIA UPDATE:

7 HR? 22 RBI?

That seems like a lot. Is that a lot for just 8 games?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JWinTX
2:33a, 4/6/24
In reply to agent-maroon
agent-maroon said:

ADOLIS GARCIA UPDATE:

7 HR? 22 RBI?

Well, I'm told that it's clearly steroids…
tjack16
5:54a, 4/6/24
In reply to agent-maroon
agent-maroon said:

ADOLIS GARCIA UPDATE:

7 HR? 22 RBI?

Adolis is to the Astros as Altuve is to the Yankees and Yordan is to the Red Sox

I do think y'all have clearly the better lineup this year. I'd give us the pitching advantage when JV comes back in a few weeks but the Astros just seem like they're going through the motions this year so far and banking on "flipping the switch"

I think the rangers win the division, and Astros fight for the final wild card slot.
Funky Winkerbean
5:56a, 4/6/24
In reply to JWinTX
JWinTX said:

agent-maroon said:

ADOLIS GARCIA UPDATE:

7 HR? 22 RBI?

Well, I'm told that it's clearly steroids…

I remember when I was naive enough to believe my team wasn't cheating..
jkag89
6:33a, 4/6/24
In reply to FriscoKid
FriscoKid said:

Didn't watch last night but looking at the box score and high er lowlights, it is obvious that the Rangers have hacked the Astros pitchcom system A) The Rangers played really well B) The Astros stunk it up C) Both A and B.
Jack Ruby
7:25a, 4/6/24

Why do Astros fans get all uppity and purport themselves as one of the most storied franchises in baseball? Take away the trashcans, and Houston hadn't done jack sh** until a couple of years ago too.

Also, keep speaking the roid thing into existence. Tell a lie enough times, eventually it becomes true.
fc2112
7:29a, 4/6/24
tjack16
7:46a, 4/6/24
In reply to fc2112
fc2112 said:

He wasn't THE problem, but he was a problem in 2023.

2021-2022 he was good. Last year he just lost it with not utilizing Diaz and leaving McCormick on the bench a lot in favor of Corey Julks. Should have retired after the title year
LeagueCityAg
8:04a, 4/6/24

Funky Winkerbean
8:13a, 4/6/24
In reply to Jack Ruby
Jack Ruby said:

Why do Astros fans get all uppity and purport themselves as one of the most storied franchises in baseball? Take away the trashcans, and Houston hadn't done jack sh** until a couple of years ago too.

Also, keep speaking the roid thing into existence. Tell a lie enough times, eventually it becomes true.

There's an easy way to clear this up and to make us accusers look bad…
tjack16
8:23a, 4/6/24
I'm an Astros fan and don't think Adolis is on steroids. Most of us don't actually think he is. A lot of the comments I'm seeing seem tongue in cheek and not serious.

He's just strong and good at hitting the baseball. Also I don't hate him or the rangers for last year's ALCS. It was one playoff series. Yes it was a BIG series… but so were every other ALCS we've been to the last 7 years. We also got beat by the Rays, and Red Sox in the ALCS in recent years. I don't hate them either. I'm more mad at the fact the Astros couldn't win a home game than I am that we lost to the Rangers. It could have been against the Orioles and I'd still feel just as mad.

Astros vs Rangers is a good rivalry which is fun for the state. Astros owned it from 2017-2022 in a big way, and the Rangers owned it in the end in 2023. And I think yall are trending in a better direction than we are right now this year too.
jwhaby
8:35a, 4/6/24
In reply to cc10106
cc10106 said:

DFW sports fans always living in the past, like clockwork.

Did you know that DFW teams have a more recent championship than Houston teams in every major sport?
ahpetty33
8:45a, 4/6/24
The lady doth protest too much. Rivalries are great and it's okay to care about it. Trash talk is awesome.

What I'll never understand is people who seek out a forum specifically about the Astros/Rangers rivalry, buried within the MLB subcategory of a COLLEGE sports media website, just to talk about how little they care about said rivalry. Please, tell me more about how little you care about the Rangers beating the astros.
jkag89
9:10a, 4/6/24
In reply to Jack Ruby
Jack Ruby said:

I do not believe the Astros are one of the most storied franchises in baseball history. On the other hand, compared to other expansion teams (ie not the Classic Eight of the NL or Original Eight of the AL) its history is as good or better than all of them.

Quote:

Most of the sign stealing scandal and the tanking stuff that Ranger fan repeat over and over and over and over is BS also.
agent-maroon
9:20a, 4/6/24
In reply to LeagueCityAg
LeagueCityAg said:

Funny, but you know every one of us sitting there would be telling this blonde anything she wanted to hear. And I do mean ANYTHING, as many times as she wanted to hear it...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 25
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings