Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

42,323 Views | 846 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by agent-maroon
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

FPSDoug1 said:

jkag89 said:

More Astros no-nos in the last 6 seasons than Ranger pitchers have thrown in the team's entire history.

Also so happy we're not going to go 0-162 this season.
to be fair their franchise is pretty much a joke with limited success
Says the fan of the team that had to bang trash cans to win their first World Series.

Are you new to this sport?
jkag89
LeagueCityAg said:

FPSDoug1 said:

jkag89 said:

More Astros no-nos in the last 6 seasons than Ranger pitchers have thrown in the team's entire history.

Also so happy we're not going to go 0-162 this season.
to be fair their franchise is pretty much a joke with limited success
Says the fan of the team that had to bang trash cans to win their first World Series.
Must suck to be a fan of a team with an even a worst history.
LeagueCityAg
AG
But remember guys, DFW fans are apparently the ones that live in the past.
jkag89
Well you were the one who brought it up. Also I'm not one of those who made this claim.
fc2112
jkag89 said:

Dallas is not at all fickle about which baseball team it pulls for . . .
Well, the Rangers aren't in Dallas, so.....
JWinTX
twilly said:

So the Omni Dallas put up a congratulatory message when the Astros won their championship. Classy if you ask me.

Where are the photos of a Houston building congratulating the Rangers?
Houston fans would burn down any establishment within 50 miles of their city limits that congratulated anyone from DFW on anything.
Carlo4
AG
JWinTX said:

twilly said:

So the Omni Dallas put up a congratulatory message when the Astros won their championship. Classy if you ask me.

Houston fans would burn down any establishment within 50 miles of their city limits that congratulated anyone from DFW on anything.

My father in law lost a bet last ALCS where he had to wear Rangers gear while taking a tour of the Astros stadium.

All 6'5" of him wearing an El Bombi shirt was pretty awesome. People asked and he explained… all the fans on tour thought it was a hilarious bet. I know my dad will come to wear Astros gear…
jkag89
fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

Good to see you're finally accepting the proper Arlington moniker.
DallasAg 94
jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

Help me out here, because I see Houston fans using "Arlington" like a weapon. Do Astros fans think Rangers fans are supposed to be bothered by that? As someone who spent 2 years in middle school in Arlington and have had family live there, it actually recognizes the local support. Wouldn't it be like saying JSC is in Clear Lake and not Houston?
The Porkchop Express
NASA smack and middle school repping in the same post.

TarponChaser
DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

Help me out here, because I see Houston fans using "Arlington" like a weapon. Do Astros fans think Rangers fans are supposed to be bothered by that? As someone who spent 2 years in middle school in Arlington and have had family live there, it actually recognizes the local support. Wouldn't it be like saying JSC is in Clear Lake and not Houston?

For the record, JSC has a Houston mailing address thanks to the vagaries of ETJs and so forth.
jkag89
DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

Clear Lake City was annexed by the city of Houston when I was a kid and it has been a very long time since I was a kid.

And no, I don't think it particularly bothers most Ranges fans.
Aggies2009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

They did the same thing when the Oilers/Texans choked for like the thousandth time saying the Cowboys are in "Irving". Whatever helps them sleep at night.
jkag89
Aggies2009 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

They did the same thing when the Oilers/Texans choked for like the thousandth time saying the Cowboys are in "Irving". Whatever helps them sleep at night.
My dad calling them them the Irving Cowboys did irk the hell out of me when I was ten.
fc2112
jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

As a tax payer of the city that paid for our beautiful stadium, I rather enjoy it every time I see it.
jkag89
The Ballpark was beautiful, Globe Life Field is ugly as sin. (although the interior is starting to grow on me a little).
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
jkag89 said:

The Ballpark was beautiful, Globe Life Field is ugly as sin. (although the interior is starting to grow on me a little).

I hated Globe Life Field the first couple of years it was open. (Okay, the last two years) But it has been growing on me. Still miss the newest old ballpark that sits across the street and. I don't really miss the original but I have some fond memories there.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr.Bond
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

There's no city called clear lake. The address is Houston
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DallasAg 94
Aggies2009 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

fc2112 said:

jkag89 said:

It was still Dallas County.
DallasAg 94
Sounds like it bothered enough people to annex it.
DallasAg 94
I lived in Anaheim for a couple years as a kid... 11 miles from Angels Stadium.

I with they'd have kept the name California, but apparently enough tax payers wanted their pound of flesh. Then they sold out for an even bigger piece of pie.

I'm a traditionalist... the Rams should have never been allowed to move. At least the Titans changed the name.
RogerFurlong
Are the stros tanking again? Window closed already?
jkag89
DallasAg 94 said:

I also preferred California Angels but they were originally known as the Los Angels Angels for the franchise's first five seasons when they played in the city proper (at Wrigley Field for a season and then Dodger Stadium). They adopted the California Angels moniker when they moved to Orange County. The whole Anaheim Angels/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim was part of a deal Disney made with the city to return the Big A to a baseball friendly configuration after the Rams left for St. Louis.

Quite frankly one of the few things the ownership group that brought the Washington Senators to the Metroplex got right was the new name of the franchise.
South Platte
jkag89 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I also preferred California Angels but they were originally known as the Los Angels Angels for the franchise's first five seasons when they played in the city proper (at Wrigley Field for a season and then Dodger Stadium). They adopted the California Angels moniker when they moved to Orange County. The whole Anaheim Angels/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim was part of a deal Disney made with the city to return the Big A to a baseball friendly configuration after the Rams left for St. Louis.

Quite frankly one of the few things the ownership group that brought the Washington Senators to the Metroplex got right was the new name of the franchise.

I still call them the California Angels. Cleveland Indians. My 10 year old son knows who the Redskins are.
Silent For Too Long
JWinTX said:

twilly said:

I congratulated your mother on a job well done last night, so...
DallasAg 94
Here we go....

DallasAg 94
I know it has been quite some time since many of you got to see the Defending World Champions...here is your chance.

jkag89
DallasAg 94 said:

I know it has been quite some time since many of you got to see the Defending World Champions...here is your chance.

The 'Stros won the Silver Boot last season, wanna trade this year?
DallasAg 94
jkag89 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

The 'Stros won the Silver Boot last season, wanna trade this year?
I think the Rangers might as well take both.

With 7 of the 13 games in the next 2 weeks, Rangers could clinch.
jkag89
That is not what I asked!
DallasAg 94
Let's just start with tonight's game.

I sold my tickets for tomorrow's game at almost 3x, but will be there Monday to get my "Evan Carter ALCS Catch Bobblehead."

Remember that catch?!

jkag89
I can't follow both Fightin' Texas Aggie baseball and the Astros games at the same time. It leads to disaster for both not that it has helped the Astros very much so far this season.

I'm more or less playing the long game here, both years in which the Aggies made it to Omaha since we've joined the SEC the Astros have gone on to win the World Series. In other words, I'm hoping being a "littlestitious" for the Aggies through June will also pay for the Astros in late October/early November.

Have fun Monday.

And of course I remember the catch. Good play not a great one. I definitely understand why it is a big moment in y'alls collective memory of last season. I would have loved to have seen that game played out if that ball just got over Carter's glove.
The Porkchop Express
DallasAg 94 said:

Let's just start with tonight's game.

I sold my tickets for tomorrow's game at almost 3x, but will be there Monday to get my "Evan Carter ALCS Catch Bobblehead."

Remember that catch?!

Christ, his head is even bigger than I remember.
_lefraud_
AG
Why does this bobble you?
The Porkchop Express
_lefraud_ said:

Why does this bobble you?
I've just been in a real Funko lately.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.