Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

42,554 Views | 856 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by The Porkchop Express
CrawlingNo5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

Funny how Cowboy er Rangers fans have all of a sudden discovered baseball.
Typical world view of an Astros fans who rides the bandwagon.

Ironically, overall attendance since 2010:
Texas: 33,409
Houston: 29,915

Not bad for fans who recently discovered MLB while a "dynasty" was in the making just SE.

Since 1990, Rangers dropped below 2M in '95 (1.98M) when the season had 144G after cancellation of '94 when the Rangers were in 1st. And in '08 with 1.95M. Astros had 9.

Houston from 2012-2014: 1.607M, 1.651M, 1.752M.

Rangers haven't had an attendance that low since 1988. 36 years ago.

If Biden gets re-elected, the Astros could find themselves below 2M.

The attendance numbers would mean more if the stadiums were the same size. Ballpark in Arlington sat 8-9k more people. See who has the better percentage.

Also gotta factor in the elite fan % as well
Cappo
AG
tjack16 said:

Cappo said:

tjack16 said:

Cappo said:

tjack16 said:

fc2112 said:

The debunked buzzer theory? Come on yall can do better than that with the trash talk
it wasn't debunked this was one of the biggest cheating scandals ever caught

2017 trash cans? Yes
2019 buzzers? Disproven and zero evidence found per MLB and the top baseball reporters.

Example

enjoy your asterisk title

I honestly thought you would be really excited about yours given that y'all just had your ring ceremony and Banner unveiling this weekend. But I guess you'd rather talk trash about the Astros than enjoy your win.

Also 2022 has no asterisk so I enjoy that one quite a bit
thought this was a trash talking thread? That's most of what I have seen so far. And why can't we do both? lmao
YokelRidesAgain
AG
tjack16 said:

It's a 4 game losing streak. Literally every team will have at least one of those this year. The Astros will be fine.
FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fc2112
cc10106
Don't you have some posts to flag?
Aggies2009
AG
Famous Owens:

Owen Wilson

Owen Hart

Jesse Owens

Owen Four
The Brazos Kid
Aggies2009 said:

Famous Owens:

Owen Wilson

Owen Hart

Jesse Owens

Owen Four

Outstanding.
DallasAg 94
TXAG 05 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89 said:

Funny how Cowboy er Rangers fans have all of a sudden discovered baseball.
Typical world view of an Astros fans who rides the bandwagon.

Ironically, overall attendance since 2010:
Texas: 33,409
Houston: 29,915

Not bad for fans who recently discovered MLB while a "dynasty" was in the making just SE.

Since 1990, Rangers dropped below 2M in '95 (1.98M) when the season had 144G after cancellation of '94 when the Rangers were in 1st. And in '08 with 1.95M. Astros had 9.

Houston from 2012-2014: 1.607M, 1.651M, 1.752M.

Rangers haven't had an attendance that low since 1988. 36 years ago.

If Biden gets re-elected, the Astros could find themselves below 2M.

The attendance numbers would mean more if the stadiums were the same size. Ballpark in Arlington sat 8-9k more people. See who has the better percentage.
Get in front of a mirror and say that to yourself and realize how dumb that sounds.

I suppose your argument is... in certain games the other team (NYY, Boston, Texas) draws more fans and by having a larger capacity you capture more attendance. What you are really saying is... "Our fans are so ****ty that we have to rely on fans of the other team to fill the stadium."

The real question you should be asking yourself is... "How did the Texas Rangers still have higher attendance when we played in an air conditioned stadium, while their fans were wiling to endure the brutal sun and 110+/-F games?!" There were days I was at RBiA and it was 95F at 10pm when the game finished.

But, lets be dumb. Let's take the 1.607M people in 81 Home games (2013) and that is an average of 20,382 fans for MMP that has a capacity of 41,168. That's less than half full. Your argument is that some games... like when NYY, Bos, or Texas came to town, there were an additional 21K fans in attendance and if the stadium was bigger, you would have filled it?!

Compare that to the Rangers 2013 season in 48,114 seat GLP where they had 3.178M... an average of 39, 234. In that case, you could probably make an argument that premium games - NYY and Box could have brought in 9K more fans and hit the cap.

You are delusional if you think MMP would have drawn 28K more fans to a NYY/Bos game than they would other teams.

One more step... take the low-water mark of 1.945M in '08. Capacity was 48,911... an avg of 24,012.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Asstros (and fans) still suck and cheat!
DallasAg 94
TXAG 05 said:

I'm going to take another bite at this apple...

Astros played in the Astrodome up until 2000, AFAIK.

Quote:

Years Capacity
19901991 54,816
19921994 53,821
19951999 54,370

I'll await your excuses:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/

Ervin Burrell
AG
DallasAg94 thumping skulls on this thread-should be no surprise the trash can crew has resorted to attendance smack (and they can't even win that).
TXAG 05
AG
You were the one that said since 2010, so what do the Astrodome numbers matter?

I've been a big fan of the Astros since I was kid, but I don't have the time and money to go to every home game. If you do, good for you. If attendance smack makes you feel better about yourself, congratulations.
TXAG 05
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

DallasAg94 thumping skulls on this thread-should be no surprise the trash can crew has resorted to attendance smack (and they can't even win that).

It's the ranger fans that always resort to attendance smack.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
TXAG 05 said:

You were the one that said since 2010, so what do the Astrodome numbers matter?

I've been a big fan of the Astros since I was kid, but I don't have the time and money to go to every home game. If you do, good for you. If attendance smack makes you feel better about yourself, congratulations.
You sound like a Monty Python skit... "run away... run away..."

I arbitrarily picked different references to begin knowing the response would be about cherry-picking stats.

Then, you decided to measure based on Attendance/Capacity and I just wanted to remind you that even if you want to go to a larger venue, your logic makes no sense.
Ervin Burrell
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

I'm on your side bro.
DallasAg 94
My bad. I misread your comment.
Ervin Burrell
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

My bad. I misread your comment.
jkag89
Ervin Burrell said:

DallasAg started the attendance smack on this thread.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Will the Astros win another game? Many people are asking.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Huh? You came out saying that the Rangers fans were bandwagon fans.
jkag89
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Not exactly what I was driving at with the post in which DallasAg responded but I certainly can see how it might have been taken that way. Even so, when I gave my little dig, attendance smack was the furthest thing from my mind, it was DallasAg (and I guess at least a couple other here) that jumped to that conclusion.

Which of these two cities are considered better baseball towns, LA or St. Louis? How about LA or Boston? Now what of these cities had higher average attendance for their games.
DallasAg 94
jkag89 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Not exactly what I was driving at with the post in which DallasAg responded but I certainly can see how it might have been taken that way. Even so, when I gave my little dig, attendance smack was the furthest thing from my mind, it was DallasAg (and I guess at least a couple other here) that jumped to that conclusion.

Which of these two cities are considered better baseball towns, LA or St. Louis? How about LA or Boston? Now what of these cities had higher average attendance for their games.
This is how you know Houston is a "Football Town" and not a Baseball Town. They keep moving the goalposts expecting you to know where they are and how to use them.

I know the joke was that Astros fans wanted to project that Rangers fans only became Rangers fans because of the WS. I'd expect t-shirt Houston fans to say that because that is what we saw from Astros fans. It was a funny dig... for an Astros fan.

jkag89
Dallas is not at all fickle about which baseball team it pulls for . . .

An estimated 2 million "bandwagon" Astros fan show up for the city's 2nd WS Championship Parade.

A year later an estimated 500 to 700K "life long POW POW" FPTRangers fans show up for the first WS Championship Parade.

Oh by the way, not a Texans fan nor was I ever an Oilers fan in fact I grew up a Cowboys fan although I'm rather lukewarm on them now. Picked the Astros and Cowboys as my teams as a six year old living in Abilene Texas.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Using the Omni Hotel as an argument, gotta love it.
tjack16
AG
No trash talk intended, but for the rangers fans on here… how do yall feel about the banner and rings? The banner seemed odd to me but the rings are legit pretty cool. Surprised by no gold on them though.
twilly
AG
So the Omni Dallas put up a congratulatory message when the Astros won their championship. Classy if you ask me.

Where are the photos of a Houston building congratulating the Rangers?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Well, that's one way to keep the bullpen from blowing a game.

Congrats Astros--you won.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
HANG THE BANNER
jkag89
More Astros no-nos in the last 6 seasons than Ranger pitchers have thrown in the team's entire history.

Also so happy we're not going to go 0-162 this season.
FPSDoug1
Ervin Burrell said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

I'm on your side bro.
oh look its FPSDoug! He knows a lot about ****ty posting!

Yall homoplexuals enjoy that first no hitter of the season I know yall were waiting with your fat fingers hovering if it got broken up.
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

More Astros no-nos in the last 6 seasons than Ranger pitchers have thrown in the team's entire history.

Enjoy your cookie win against a tired team who was using a starter nobody heard of starting his first ever mlb game.
FPSDoug1
jkag89 said:

to be fair their franchise is pretty much a joke with limited success
FPSDoug1
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

Enjoy your cookie win against a tired team who was using a starter nobody heard of starting his first ever mlb game.
love the tears
LeagueCityAg
AG
FPSDoug1 said:

jkag89 said:

to be fair their franchise is pretty much a joke with limited success
Says the fan of the team that had to bang trash cans to win their first World Series.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.