Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

42,879 Views | 862 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by jkag89
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
can we post hot chick pictures here or is fc121whatever going to piss himself and flag them?
htxag09
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Yesterday was a perfect illustration of Rangers and Astros, and really Dallas and Houston . When the going got tough, one team battled, took some hits but toughened up and won the damn game.

Unfortunately the other team down south, folded like a cheap tent. The lack of character and mental fortitude shows not only in the team, but with the fans down there.
Someone seems to have selective memory loss.

This is actually quite comical
Funky Winkerbean
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Yesterday was a perfect illustration of Rangers and Astros, and really Dallas and Houston . When the going got tough, one team battled, took some hits but toughened up and won the damn game.

Unfortunately the other team down south, folded like a cheap tent. The lack of character and mental fortitude shows not only in the team, but with the fans down there.
One team had the division won, until they didn't. Your "cleverness" is only exceeded by your stupidity. You're franchise is an example of fortitude lacking aptitude.
LeagueCityAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Funny how Cowboy er Rangers fans have all of a sudden discovered baseball.
Funny that you say that. I seem to remember Minute Maid being pretty empty prior to 2017.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

One team had the division won, until they didn't. Your "cleverness" is only exceeded by your stupidity. Your franchise is an example of fortitude lacking aptitude.
I'm sorry, which team choked in game 7 of the ALCS?
htxag09
AG
The Rangers own one of the largest chokes in World Series history.....

Yes, despite us winning the division last year, y'all were the ultimate team on top. Not denying that.

But coming here and acting like one team has only choked in their history (the team with more titles) and the other team is clutch as MJ is absurd.
LeagueCityAg
AG
htxag09 said:

Yes, despite us winning the division last year, y'all were the ultimate team on top. Not denying that.

But coming here and acting like one team has only choked in their history (the team with more titles) and the other team is clutch as MJ is absurd.
Yes, we are all aware of 2011. It doesn't change the fact that Houston is still known as choke city. That term isn't just referencing the trashstros.
TarponChaser
stRangers got hot at the right time and had multiple players have career years all at once or get hot at once. Congrats.

Now sustain that level of success for nearly a decade and we'll talk. Only the dumbest of dip**** fans are still clinging to that and believe that it was only 2 or 3 teams doing the sign-stealing.
The Porkchop Express
LeagueCityAg said:

htxag09 said:

Yes, we are all aware of 2011. It doesn't change the fact that Houston is still known as choke city. That term isn't just referencing the trashstros.
So you're talking about the Oilers losing to Buffalo in 1993? A team that doesn't even exist?

Are you going to thrown down some Houston Hotshots and Texas Thunderbears smack next?

At least try to keep it in the same century.
LeagueCityAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

stRangers got hot at the right time and had multiple players have career years all at once or get hot at once. Congrats.

Now sustain that level of success for nearly a decade and we'll talk. Only the dumbest of dip**** fans are still clinging to that and believe that it was only 2 or 3 teams doing the sign-stealing.
Asterisks fans are the only fanbase that think that 2017 title was legit. Yet everybody else is considered the "dumbest of dip**** fans."
TarponChaser
LeagueCityAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Asterisks fans are the only fanbase that think that 2017 title was legit. Yet everybody else is considered the "dumbest of dip**** fans."

Hate more and cry more. It's more legit than Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire or Sammy Sosa's HR numbers.

The Porkchop Express
LeagueCityAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Who ****ing cares what a fan base says?

MLB doesn't seem to mind.

LeagueCityAg
AG
Thank you drummer fans for proving my point.
jkag89
LeagueCityAg said:

jkag89 said:

Funny how Cowboy er Rangers fans have all of a sudden discovered baseball.
Funny that you say that. I seem to remember Minute Maid being pretty empty prior to 2017.
Certainly was during the 100 loss seasons, especially '13 season in which even die hard Astros fans were pissed at the forced move to the AL. I did not even watch a single game that season as a form of protest, I did follow via highlights and box scores. Few cities are strong enough baseball towns not to have a mostly empty ballpark through such a stretch. While I know a number or true "die hard, win or lose, year in year out" Rangers fans I dare say that most of those posting on the Rangers threads would in a heartbeat trade the WS Championship for a Cowboys Super Bowl.
jkag89
The Porkchop Express said:

can we post hot chick pictures here or is fc121whatever going to piss himself and flag them?
I'm not sure how this post has survived on the Rangers thread. One would think for sure it would have be flagged by now.
tjack16
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

One team had the division won, until they didn't. Your "cleverness" is only exceeded by your stupidity. Your franchise is an example of fortitude lacking aptitude.

Doesn't saying the Astros choked diminish your win? Choking means a team was supposed to win and didn't.

I thought yall played well and earned it fair and square.
LeagueCityAg
AG
tjack16 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

Doesn't saying the Astros choked diminish your win? Choking means a team was supposed to win and didn't.

Nah, it doesn't diminish anything. One team showed up to play, and the other did not. Doesn't change the outcome.
htxag09
AG
tjack16 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

Kind of like the overrated chant is the dumbest thing in sports….
tjack16
AG
htxag09 said:

tjack16 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

CrawlingNo5 said:

Kind of like the overrated chant is the dumbest thing in sports….

Yep. Can't help but think when the fans at Reed chanted overrated to Tennessee after we beat them but then used that win to hype up our tourney chances
The Shank Ag
I guess we'll never know
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Some teams continue a losing streak or start a winning streak on Opening Day. Only one gets to extend a winning streak.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
htxag09
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Some teams continue a losing streak or start a winning streak on Opening Day. Only one gets to extend a winning streak.

Um, this is false.
tjack16
AG

There's a few teams that didn't make the playoffs and won their last regular season game
cc10106
jkag89 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

I'm not sure how this post has survived on the Rangers thread. One would think for sure it would have be flagged by now.
At the risk of sounding like an Arlington fan, I don't think Astros fans in general care about that team or their fanbase as much. It's changing but is still a bit one-sided, no matter how many stories DFW folks try to bring up about how someone talked crap about the Cowboys one time.
jkag89
I'm probably more fuzzy brained than usual today, but I have no idea what point you are trying to get at with this post?
cc10106
I know you were joking about the link, but the rivalry/hate is not the same between the fan bases and would put the Mariners comfortably over this one at this point.
tjack16
AG
cc10106 said:

I know you were joking about the link, but the rivalry/hate is not the same between the fan bases and would put the Mariners comfortably over this one at this point.

Yeah, I hate the Yankees a lot more than the Rangers. Last season the rivalry got heated but one great season does not make a rivalry. It takes multiple intense seasons/playoff matchups.
JWinTX
htxag09 said:

Yall lost every home game of a WS that you played a wild card team in 2019. A series where you had home field advantage…imagine that happening to someone ever again?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
htxag09 said:

Um, this is false.
Nobody remembers who those teams are.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
cc10106
That Nationals team was beating about everyone and had the best record in baseball for months after their their slow start. Not some team that just came outta nowhere despite the narrative people try to push.
Grapesoda2525
The Astros are 7-23 in their last 30 at Minute Maid. what's with the team laying all these turds at home lately?
LeagueCityAg
AG
https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3373175

Astros fans don't think about the Rangers, huh? Just read through the thread above.

Gotta love the switch up by drummer fans.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The Astros are 7-23 in their last 30 at Minute Maid. what's with the team laying all these turds at home lately?

Since 2017 (even with the scandal) we've been better on the road. No real clue as to why… but yeah last year was mind boggling. Especially considering how we'd dominate on the road.
jkag89
cc10106 said:

I don't hate the Rangers at all nor any AL West team. I really never came to hate the NL Central teams either. The one baseball team I truly hate is the Effin' Dodgers. While the Astros have been and will always be my favorite pro baseball team, I have fond memoires of going to games at Arlington Stadium and the Ballpark and not once did a pull against the Rangers, well maybe a little in hopes an Aggie on the visiting team would have a good night but not necessarily that the Rangers would lose. My jab here was at a particular Ranger fan that seemingly represents a small part of the Metroplex fan base, Now that we are in the same league and division things are a little different but I find things a lot more fun when both teams are really good and competing for the division/pennant.

While I'll take friendly pokes at the Rangers on the trash talkin' threads, I've never purposely trolled the Rangers threads. I really hate that fans of either team is persona non grata on each other's thread due to a few. idiots. Lay the blame on which side you believe is most wrong, I really don't care but at least some of us are just baseball fans that wish we did not have to worry about catching a ban for simply sharing out love of the Game. I waited a day to post that Traces of Texas tweet because I wasn't sure if some crazy would flag it because an Astros fan posted it. I'm happy at least a few enjoyed it.
cc10106
I agree about the Dodgers and don't see the Astros-Rangers rivalry ever becoming a nasty one like LA-San Fran. I went to games in Arlington growing up as well but am largely indifferent about their team and have been for decades. I was happy for friends after their team finally got over the hump, at least the ones that didn't use it as an excuse to yap about the Astros. Casual fan stuff I guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.