Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

42,426 Views | 851 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by LeagueCityAg
KNM2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

JWinTX
The Porkchop Express said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

He played in Japan in 2016 and defected to the US in 2017. Played a few years in the minors and then 21 games with St Louis in 2017. He was traded to the Rangers and invited to Spring Training as a non-roster invite. He's been the same since he joined the Rangers full time in 2021.

It's not like he floundered around minor and Major League Baseball for years before he broke out.
So he's a traitor. You're supporting a traitor. The nerve of you guys. Really disappointed in you.
How's Yuli Gurriel doing? Still making racist slant eyes at Asian pitchers?
DallasAg 94
Just got a txt from someone who spoke to the family. Henley is confirmed the SP tonight.
DallasAg 94
For you Astros fans... if Blair Henley is the SP, tonight in Arlington.... which would be his normal 5day spot, then he would have had to get here from Albuquerque where Sugarland is playing.

Sugarland currently has a TBD for SP listed.

I suspect he'd take a normal commercial flight to either DFW or Love Field?! I would think this had to be decided before today or early this morning. 1hr 50min flight.
DeProfundis
agent-maroon said:

DeProfundis said:

Not really. But the principal characters in the Oscar Wilde writing that inspired your username most certainly were.

Aren't we glad that in 2024 a guy can't go to prison just because he's banging another dude? Seems like that would be important for some of these "username checks out" moments

Actually I forgot. I swore off talking crap about the rangers because of their refusal to host Pride night and their "Jesus Won" shirts. As I was
agent-maroon
DallasAg 94
jkag89

Not to question the fragility of your kin...

When you say:

Quote:

We're not quite as petty over here as that other thread..

History says otherwise:

Quote:

[You should have paid attention to the warning. -Staff]

The offending comment, IIRC was related to AgLA06's comment that spending a Billion dollars only gets you 3rd.

My response was something to the effect of imagine returning almost your entire WS Championship lineup including MVP-2 and MVP-3 not even getting a Top10 mention. And then I believe I included a comment about how horrible the media was and how I wish the ALCS would force the media through Texas with a Rangers v Astros matchup every year.

jkag89
DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89

When you say:

Quote:

History says otherwise:

Quote:

The offending comment, IIRC was related to AgLA06's comment that spending a Billion dollars only gets you 3rd.

My response was something to the effect of imagine returning almost your entire WS Championship lineup including MVP-2 and MVP-3 not even getting a Top10 mention. And then I believe I included a comment about how horrible the media was and how I wish the ALCS would force the media through Texas with a Rangers v Astros matchup every year.

Did you miss the qualifier? Which group started this stupid little game? I for one am on record on multiple threads on this board bemoaning the whole thing even going so far to start a thread in hopes that STAFF would clarify the whole stupid mess.
Aggies2009
AG
jkag89 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

jkag89

When you say:

Quote:

History says otherwise:

Quote:

Did you miss the qualifier? Which group started this stupid little game? I for one am on record on multiple threads on this board bemoaning the whole thing even going so far to start a thread in hopes that STAFF would clarify the whole stupid mess.
Shame, isn't it?

But imagine how it goes down.... Let's say the Astros lose a game and their fans are understandably upset afterward. Well, tons of Ranger fans will be swarming the thread (they do it already, just don't post lol) "just answering questions". But then a little jab happens. Then another. And it escalates. Or someone takes a post the wrong way. It's probably easier to just have a zero-tolerance policy. But that's how it is when grown adults get their feelings hurt and base their self-worth on a game played with a bat and a ball.
jkag89
In other words, STAFF is lazy.
DallasAg 94
I think you misspelled same... but then, maybe I'm more symptomatic of dyslexia than I know.
jkag89
The fact that an Astros fan simply posting a on the Rangers Offseason thread would prompt more responses than actual baseball talk would suggest otherwise.
jkag89
Sheesh Rangers fans, if you are going to steal another teams heckling schtick, at least get it right.
twilly
AG
When you call up an emergency starter, it's not to create an emergency
TexasAggie_97
AG
Houston's starting pitcher has a 136 era for this game.
The Porkchop Express
JWinTX said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

He played in Japan in 2016 and defected to the US in 2017. Played a few years in the minors and then 21 games with St Louis in 2017. He was traded to the Rangers and invited to Spring Training as a non-roster invite. He's been the same since he joined the Rangers full time in 2021.

It's not like he floundered around minor and Major League Baseball for years before he broke out.
So he's a traitor. You're supporting a traitor. The nerve of you guys. Really disappointed in you.
How's Yuli Gurriel doing? Still making racist slant eyes at Asian pitchers?

Dude, traitor trumps racist. And he hadn't played for 2 years.
tjack16
AG
Are y'all getting commercials in the middle of at bats on the rangers broadcast? We are on the Astros side and it's driving us nuts
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
tjack16 said:

Are y'all getting commercials in the middle of at bats on the rangers broadcast? We are on the Astros side and it's driving us nuts

We get split screen commercials but not interrupting the broadcast.
Double Talkin' Jive...
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks to Bally, most of us can't get the broadcast at all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
agent-maroon said:

Thanks to Bally, most of us can't get the broadcast at all.

Yay for MLB "growing the sport"

You can watch pretty much any division 1 college sporting event on some type of streaming but fans of any given team have trouble watching their own MLB games
Marvin
AG
I'm watching the Ranger broadcast, which Dallas doesn't get, because the Astros stream keeps cutting to commercials. Seems MLB doesn't want anyone to watch this game.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
jkag89
TexasAggie_97 said:

Gets a no decision. Yordan is a bad bad man.
Martin Cash
AG
TexasAggie_97 said:

He's a sip. What do you expect? And it's 135.
Silent For Too Long
We spot ya'll 5 and then your titanic offense goes 8 and 2/3rds shutty against Seth Martinez, Taylor Scott, Brandon Bielak and Bryan Abreu?

Holy crap Arlington what did that eclipse do to you?
John Armfield
Yordan tbagged on the rangerettes tonite.

lol. lmao
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

We spot ya'll 5 and then your titanic offense goes 8 and 2/3rds shutty against Seth Martinez, Taylor Scott, Brandon Bielak and Bryan Abreu?

Holy crap Arlington what did that eclipse do to you?
All the players watched the eclipse without the special glasses. They're all blind now.

That's my only theory.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Silent For Too Long
In all seriousness ya'll are legit scary this year with that lineup. I was also impressed with some of your BP arms. It definitely seems better then last years.

If both teams get healthy this is gonna be a dog fight like last year. Particularly if we both get some of our TOR pitchers back.
Frok
AG
The Astros/Rangers rivalry is better than Boston/New York right now IMO
gigem1223
Weird game tonight. Both teams need to get healthy and the Rangers need to sack up and call up some of their rookie bullpen arms. Both teams could look totally different in the 2nd half. It's a shame the majority of the Silver boot series is played in the first month and zero in the last month and a half. Terrible job scheduling by the MLB.
tjack16
AG
Zero taunting, overly inside pitches at guys, or benches clearing this weekend.

Kind of surprising
gigem1223
Believe it or not many of the players are friends (Alvarez and Garcia). Astros fans may not want to hear this but Maldy was the instigator with a lot of the crap that happened last season.
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

Believe it or not many of the players are friends (Alvarez and Garcia). Astros fans may not want to hear this but Maldy was the instigator with a lot of the crap that happened last season.

We hate Maldonado so I don't mind hearing it. He talked a lot of crap for somebody who didn't hit his weight
AustinAg2K
tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

We hate Maldonado so I don't mind hearing it. He talked a lot of crap for somebody who didn't hit his weight
Well, he would be a Hall of Famer if he hit his weight...
Silent For Too Long
gigem1223 said:

It's actually pretty awesome considering they both have been stellar in this series the last couple years.

Another interesting backdrop of this year is the all time record stands at 2 games in favor of the Rangers. Rangers have had the lead basically forever.
fullback44
AG
I honestly don't see how the Astros will be able to win a bunch of games the way our pitching staff currently is, we are technically down our 4 best pitchers if you count Lance M and now possible Framber .. we are playing w guys that would probably be down in double or triple A at this point .. MLB baseball seems to be having a pitcher crisis not just the Astros

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.