Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

42,633 Views | 860 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by DallasAg 94
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DallasAg 94 said:

Most of my comments on here are focused on the Rangers or educating newly minted 2017 Astros fans.

Maybe it has just taken 7years for Astros fans to get the baseball foundation and acumen to engage.
While a small sample size, it is quite apparent to anyone that takes the time to read each of the team threads, the TexAgers who post on the 'Stros Threads have a much better grasp of the Game and the Astros team history then their counterparts on the Rangers thread about the Game and Rangers team history.

I remember a thread during the 2011 World Series where several us had a hell of a time explaining the Fair/Foul rule before a ball passes the corner bases to a "Lifelong POW POW FPTR" fan.
The Porkchop Express
A small sample size reveals there are about 10 posters on each board who get baseball and 300 idiots who are distracted by shiny things.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
fc2112
The Porkchop Express said:

A small sample size reveals there are about 10 posters on each board who get baseball and 300 idiots who are distracted by shiny things.
I guess we'll never know.
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

Yep.

Also there were a number of Astros fans congratulating the Rangers on their WS Title on the '23 Thread. Not a chirp from Rangers fans on the '22 Thread after the World Series.
Maybe we would've been nicer if you guys didn't bring up the David Freese moment in the 2011 World Series all of the damn time.

jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

Yep.

Also there were a number of Astros fans congratulating the Rangers on their WS Title on the '23 Thread. Not a chirp from Rangers fans on the '22 Thread after the World Series.
Maybe we would've been nicer if you guys didn't bring up the David Freese moment in the 2011 World Series all of the damn time.

Ranger fans nice? I guess you were not around when Lifelong POW POW FPTR fans spammed several TexAgs Boards daily. And of course Ranger fans never ever posted gifs or videos of Albert Pujols launching a ball into orbit from the 2005 NLCS. I must of imagined that.
agent-maroon
AG
Cheer up astros fans. You can still call us "arlingtonians", "rangerettes", and all the other grade school taunts that y'all have come up with over the years. I promise you it won't seem any more juvenile and/or stupid now that you're the LPHA and getting beat with double digit scores every night. Guarantee it!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
agent-maroon said:

Cheer up astros fans. You can still call us "arlingtonians", "rangerettes", and all the other grade school taunts that y'all have come up with over the years. I promise you it won't seem any more juvenile and/or stupid now that you're the LPHA and getting beat with double digit scores every night. Guarantee it!

I mean… Disastros, trashtros, ASStros, Lastros?

Those are on about the same level or juvenile. Its okay to admit that BOTH of our fanbases do it
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks, but I don't need cheering up right now. I was just trying to be helpful.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
fc2112 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

I guess we'll never know.
Speaking of idiots.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
DallasAg 94
How ungrateful. I take it back.
DallasAg 94
Ok, Rook.
ahpetty33
AG
good game Astros, now let us come together and BTHO Vanderbilt
Marvin
AG
ahpetty33 said:

It's like inviting your weird cousin over for Thanksgiving, but I'm in.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
ahpetty33 said:

BTHO VANDY

Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

ahpetty33 said:

BTHO VANDY

Skinny jeans and Aggie jersey?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

ahpetty33 said:

BTHO VANDY

Skinny jeans and Aggie jersey?

I've matured in this life. We go with appropriately length shorts for a 30 year old man and a jersey now
agsalaska
AG
Haha

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
tjack16
AG
That's about 10 too few
jkag89
Thank God for the Rangers. We'd be in a world of hurt without them. 2/3 of the Astos Ws are via Arlington.
DallasAg 94
We're trying to lure your FO in. We don't want them throwing in the towel, just yet.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
tjack16 said:

That's about 10 too few

I was at the game today talking to people about how terrible his game behind the plate was Friday. I'm still astonished. It was so objectively bad I don't know what to say about it.
Mathguy64
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

tjack16 said:

That's about 10 too few

I was at the game today talking to people about how terrible his game behind the plate was Friday. I'm still astonished. It was so objectively bad I don't know what to say about it.

He is a protected class, a member of one of the most powerful unions in the country (maybe second only to MLBPA) and he's sued MLB already once.

There is no chance Angel is going anywhere. Fortunately they seem to be able to keep him out of the playoffs.
LB12Diamond
AG
Wait. We beat the Rangers at home. This is a crazy season.
John Armfield
LOL @ the "World Champs"

and do you dummies really think Altuvie juices?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

Do you really think Adolis does?
The D
AG
Where is that sip txaggie that was flapping his gums on Friday ? *****
The Porkchop Express
Quincey P. Morris said:

John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

Of course not. He had that natural growth spurt we all remember from our late 20s.

tjack16
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

I don't believe any of them are until they test positive. If the MLB wasn't afraid to suspend Tatis when he was at the height of his popularity for PEDs then they wouldn't spare Altuve and Adolis.

So no I don't think Adolis is. He's just insanely strong like many professional athletes are
gigem1223
So anyone in baseball that has large muscles is on roids? Even though they've never tested positive? Peak muscle growth in men usually hits around 30 to 35. Adolis was 24 when he entered the league from Cuba. You think he had the same diet and workout regimen there?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
tjack16 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

I don't believe any of them are until they test positive. If the MLB wasn't afraid to suspend Tatis when he was at the height of his popularity for PEDs then they wouldn't spare Altuve and Adolis.

So no I don't think Adolis is. He's just insanely strong like many professional athletes are

I agree. I just laugh at the steroid accusations. Honestly not sure how much it really helps hitters. Pitchers is where steroids would really be helpful anyway.
gigem1223
John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

Much like yourself, it's an obvious troll
Mathguy64
AG
The bulk and apparent increase in his head suggests HGH. We all saw it with Bonds.

Arozzarena didn't get where he is eating boiled chicken and rice, no matter what tales Smoltz and Buck wanted to spin.

He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last. There is way too much money involved with these guys not to be dabbling in the dark arts. For $300MM who wouldn't?
gigem1223
Mathguy64 said:

The bulk and apparent increase in his head suggests HGH. We all saw it with Bonds.

Arozzarena didn't get where he is eating boiled chicken and rice, no matter what tales Smoltz and Buck wanted to spin.

He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last. There is way too much money involved with these guys not to be dabbling in the dark arts. For $300MM who wouldn't?

Let's just forget the fact he's had a big head his entire life (his mother gave him the nickname el Bombi at an early age because of his head) or the fact he's never tested positive once. You guys are hilarious.
Mathguy64
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

tjack16 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

I agree. I just laugh at the steroid accusations. Honestly not sure how much it really helps hitters. Pitchers is where steroids would really be helpful anyway.

Did you not see Bonds? Sosa? Palmeiro?

We all watch baseball a lot. Be honest. It made hitters supermen. To suggest what Balco was doing with HGH and other drug cocktails didn't help is dumbfounding.
Daddy-O5
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

tjack16 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

John Armfield said:

LOL @ the "World Champs"

Nothing to do with Garcia, I've got my own opinion about him like anyone else...

...But some of the statistically greatest power hitters of our generation would like a word.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.