First Time Betting on College Baseball Tonight

4,823 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I started today with $100 and wagered successfully on two games. $25 on Florida St moneyline of -230 with a payout was $35.87. $25 on Kentucky moneyline of -170 for a payout of $39.71. The scores were 5-4 and 6-5 respectively. They are ranked 10 and 8 respectively. Perhaps this is beginner's luck.

My ending balance is $125.41. I think I will focus on the games the Top 10 play. However, I will eschew ranked teams playing ranked teams. I don't mind failing because I will learn from it. If you don't fail then, you are not trying hard enough in life.

I know some of you have much better perspectives on college baseball than I, and I will be interested in reading them. My systems approach is very basic.
The Porkchop Express
Tanker123 said:

I started today with $100 and wagered successfully on two games. $25 on Florida St moneyline of -230 with a payout was $35.87. $25 on Kentucky moneyline of -170 for a payout of $39.71. The scores were 5-4 and 6-5 respectively. They are ranked 10 and 8 respectively. Perhaps this is beginner's luck.

My ending balance is $125.41. I think I will focus on the games the Top 10 play. However, I will eschew ranked teams playing ranked teams. I don't mind failing because I will learn from it. If you don't fail then, you are not trying hard enough in life.

I know some of you have much better perspectives on college baseball than I, and I will be interested in reading them. My systems approach is very basic.
Post your picks one minute before the game starts.
Tanker123
No. I have too many irons in the fire. If it is a series, then I will make the same bets tomorrow.
The Porkchop Express
Tanker123 said:

No. I have too many irons in the fire. If it is a series, then I will make the same bets tomorrow.
So you're sticking with total BS approach to posting.
Proposition Joe
Didn't he already do this troll 3-4 times?
Aggie1205
AG
Ippei Mizuhara? I would have thought you learned a lesson?
Tanker123
The Porkchop Express said:

Tanker123 said:

So you're sticking with total BS approach to posting.

That's your little opinion. I will give you a quarter so you can call someone who cares. lol

I am going to put a little money on Florida St and Arkansas today. I don't think I will touch the A&M game.
The Porkchop Express
Bizarre spreadsheet updated

Date Thread Title Board
2/1 I Am Going To Make a Ton of Money
Betting on College Football BIZ
Betting on College Football GEN
2/19 Alabama vs. Rice OTH
2/23 College Football Can't Come Fast Enough NFL
2/24 New College Football Research Project OTH
3/5 Any Fans of Betting on Sports? GEN
3/5 Any Fans of Betting on Sports? OTH
4/10 Betting on Ag Baseball BB
4/11 First Time Betting on College Basbell MLB

75% of them, and several of your Food board topics, seem to end in you flying off the handle, posturing about your books and helping vets, and vowing to never post again.

If it's a troll act, it's pretty masterful.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Tanker123
How cute. I have a stalker! I will really piss you off when I make good money betting on college football. lol
astros4545
The Porkchop Express
Tanker123 said:

How cute. I have a stalker! I will really piss you off when I make good money betting on college football. lol

Be a man and post your picks
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Tanker123

Tanker123 said:

Be a man and post your picks

I already said Arkansas and Florida St. Be a man who has reading comprehension. lol
Jangleleg
You could have just invested in the market and lost it all
Tanker123
Jangleleg said:

You could have just invested in the market and lost it all
Should I short Trump stock?

Anyone good with Excel? I am going to make a spreadsheet comprised of the Top 25 baseball teams.
Tanker123
Well, it's time to see the damage. lol I am strictly using moneylines.

Pick Wager Payout

Clemson $30/ 0
E Carolina $15/ $18.26
Florida St $25/ $35.87
Kentucky $25/ $41.03
Arkansas $30/ $42.00

B Balance Today $125
E Balance Today $137

I was so sure Clemson would win because is was ranked #2 with a record of 28-4 and N Carolina had a record of 18-12. Obviously I was wrong. I was wrong about the Ags as well.
DeProfundis
Tanker123 said:

Well, it's time to see the damage. lol

Pick Wager Payout

Clemson $30/ 0
E Carolina $15/ $18.26
Florida St $25/ $35,87
Kentucky $25/
Arkansas $30/

You were going to get rich betting $120? Join the big leagues son
Mathguy64
AG
Hey now. He made $3.26. A couple more like that and it's retirement time baby!
Tanker123
DeProfundis said:

Tanker123 said:

Pick Wager Payout

Clemson $30/ 0
E Carolina $15/ $18.26
Florida St $25/ $35,87
Kentucky $25/
Arkansas $30/

The point is not getting rich. I wanted to see what I can learn betting on college baseball. If I fail, then I still will learn something. I am conducting a reconnaissance of sorts with college baseball for those who served in the military,

College football is different. I will start with $2,000 this season. I have a system set up that will be lucrative. Fortunately, my strategic goal will start in year 2 and I will like it mucho.
Tanker123
The interesting aspect of tomorrow is the opportunity to compound winnings and losses because there are day and night games.

Interesting: Ags -164 over Vanderbilt this Saturday.
StinkyPinky
AG

Date Thread Title Board

75% of them, and several of your Food board topics, seem to end in you flying off the handle, posturing about your books and helping vets, and vowing to never post again.

You should see his work in the military forum of late. Another beauty.
Tanker123
StinkyPinky said:

Date Thread Title Board

You should see his work in the military forum of late. Another beauty.
Yes it is quite beautiful! An opinion from a person whose nic is Stinky Pinky! hahaha

Now do you want to add any value to the topic on hand?
Tanker123
I have decided that I don't like betting on college baseball because of the volatility caused by ranked teams getting upset by much lower ranked teams. Case in point is #1 Arkansas lost and #2 Clemson is not indulging in a strong showing right now. I started with $100 on Thursday and I will probably cash out around $120 tonight and call it a learning experience. I think the Ags will climb a little in the rankings.
DeProfundis
The Porkchop Express
I read that thread while waiting for some takeout tonight. You weren't kidding.
TarponChaser
Tanker123 said:

I have decided that I don't like betting on college baseball because of the volatility caused by ranked teams getting upset by much lower ranked teams. Case in point is #1 Arkansas lost and #2 Clemson is not indulging in a strong showing right now. I started with $100 on Thursday and I will probably cash out around $120 tonight and call it a learning experience. I think the Ags will climb a little in the rankings.

"Indulging a strong showing"??? What the hell are you trying to say? That makes about as much sense as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
Tanker123
TarponChaser said:

Tanker123 said:

"Indulging a strong showing"??? What the hell are you trying to say? That makes about as much sense as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.

I would love to have that exquisite painting. I would demand fluorescent paint, so the black light illuminates it well.

I am trying to learn about the nuances of betting on college baseball. Do you have anything of value to impart pertaining to the topic on hand?

I lied. I put $125 on the Ags and they delivered today.
Tanker123
Moneyline vs Air Force is -425. $100 stake has a $124 payout. While I was cutting and reducing a large oak branch that fell to the ground for a neighbor, I mused about the direction of the betting strategy. In 4 days of betting on college baseball I have seen numerous upsets of ranked teams to include the #1 and #2 teams.

However, A&M has been a consistent winner. The team is like a constant in a sea of variables and find ways to win. We are winning like 90% of the time. I think I can ride their momentum and make some money.
John Armfield
LOL discussing $30 bets if it's not $500 or above dont even bother.
John Armfield
DeProfundis said:

Tanker123 said:

Pick Wager Payout

Clemson $30/ 0
E Carolina $15/ $18.26
Florida St $25/ $35,87
Kentucky $25/
Arkansas $30/

this
The D
AG
The dude only posts bets he won. Not once have I seen him post his bets before the game.
Tanker123
The D said:

The dude only posts bets he won. Not once have I seen him post his bets before the game.
Incorrect. I have posted losses.

College football betting is when I make a ton of money. I will start with $2,000. My objective is at least $20,000 by the end of the season. The second year is when I make the big bucks. However, I am not sharing what my system is.

I started with $100 on college baseball on Thursday. The goal is not to get rich. The primary goal is to do a recon on the college baseball sport/betting. I have $200 today. I think I have a good strategy to build upon that amount. I believe I will have a few hundred dollars by the end of the season. That would be success to me.
Tanker123
None of you had anything of value to add to the topic. lol

I know there are folks out there who know a lot more about betting on college baseball than I do. I would like to learn stuff.
The Porkchop Express
What value are you adding to the topic?
Tanker123

What value are you adding to the topic?
Infinitely more than your zero. lol
@NFLPlayerProps
You really need to slow down. Bet less and make an effort to learn more. And stop posting about any of it until you have thicker skin and a better idea about what you're doing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.