Italy Suggestions

3,733 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by SW AG80
Gator_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Italy for the first time in October.

Lake Como- 2 days
Venice- 3 days
Rome- 3 days
Tuscany- 3 days
Milan -1 day

Does anyone have recommendations on a vineyard tour in Tuscany? Any off the path or under the radar experiences?
Easy come, easy go
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WhoHe said:

As others have alluded to … it appears you're only using Venice and Rome as arrival/departure points and not part of your trip. If that's the case, and you only have a week or so, fly in and out of Florence or Milan.

Cut Sorrento out, and replace it with a few days in the Cinque Terra instead - personally, I prefer staying in Vernazza or Corniglia. While in Tuscany, I wouldn't go further south than Sienna (which is a wonderful place to visit itself).

This would keep you more regionalized and thereby replace a lot of travel time with exploring time, and cut out two pain in the ass cities that you already aren't planning to spend any usable time in.
BINGO!!!!!

EDIT: If you can squeeze in a full day in Siena, do it. Great town. Very interesting .Was my wife's favorite place, Was my second favorite, second only to Florence.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.