April Travel Thread

3,983 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by frenchtoast
Danger Mouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually have a friend from Orange. Met her on a trip to Australia in 2017.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Mike Elko
AG
Leave for Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka) later this month. Never been to Asia, so pretty psyched.
pbrancazio
AG
First time at Keeneland, really looking forward to it. Have been to Santa Anita, Del Mar, Gulfstream and Saratoga. Will try to get to Belmont after the rebuild. Ascot and Meydan on the TBD list.
Danger Mouse
AG
Mike Elko said:

Leave for Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka) later this month. Never been to Asia, so pretty psyched.
As far as I'm concerned, Tokyo is the crown jewel of Asia.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
pbrancazio said:

First time at Keeneland, really looking forward to it. Have been to Santa Anita, Del Mar, Gulfstream and Saratoga. Will try to get to Belmont after the rebuild. Ascot and Meydan on the TBD list.
You have been to more than me, but I lived in Lexington and Louisville for years and went to both Keeneland and Churchill Downs many times. Churchill Downs is built for the masses, Keeneland is built for the tradition. It's beautiful. Small. People still dress up a little. It's on the outskirts of town so very rural feeling. I hope you love it as much as I did.
pbrancazio
AG
Danger Mouse said:

Mike Elko said:

Singapore, another jewel.
Danger Mouse
AG
pbrancazio said:

Danger Mouse said:

Mike Elko said:

Singapore, another jewel.
Had a speaking engagement in Singapore scheduled for May 2020. For obvious reasons it was cancelled. I was totally looking forward to having that experience.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
pbrancazio
AG
The trip was outstanding. Keeneland is a really special and unique place. We were fortunate as we were traveling with an owner so we had a table in the Keeneland and Lexington rooms for two of the 3 days. The people we met were really nice folks. The weather for Saturday and Sunday was perfect so the place was full and based on what I saw it was a pretty young crowd, I assume a lot of UK students. We are looking to plan to return for another weekend next year.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

It used to be somewhat of a tradition in Lexington for offices around town to have a "Keeneland" day. People just kind of shut down or go to a skeleton crew and go enjoy some camaraderie with colleagues and enjoy the tradition. Lots of young professionals tend to partake. Same thing with college groups. Glad to hear that may still be around.

It can be a little chilly still during the April meet so glad you enjoyed nice weather.

breezecustomtravel
AG
So far, this month, Antigua and Dominican Republic seem to be the most popular booking options. I think I've booked 3 trips to each destination.

Also in the works for Kauai, PVR, and Turks & Caicos.

I love seeing all the different destinations that clients are requesting!

No travel for me this month except a quick jaunt to Lake Travis and some downtime. The next few months start to ramp up and I'm super excited!
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Martin87
AG
Oregon Willamette Valley for fly Fishing.

Alaska early August - Seward, Juneau, and Admiralty Island

Working on a Scotland trip for next year.
TXTransplant
Booked flights to IAH -> YQB and YUL -> IAH right before we left for Yosemite. Booked flights to IAH -> BGR while sitting at the airport this am for late July because I finally got a Google alert that the price had gone down.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Augusta, Georgia
Houston
Fargo
Danger Mouse
AG
Martin87 said:

It doesn't fit with the trip, but drinking some nice pinot noirs from Willamette would be great.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Martin87
AG
Danger Mouse said:

Martin87 said:

It doesn't fit with the trip, but drinking some nice pinot noirs from Willamette would be great.
Not planning on fishing at night, and yes, Pinot will be on my wife's agenda.
Danger Mouse
AG
Martin87 said:

Danger Mouse said:

Martin87 said:

Not planning on fishing at night, and yes, Pinot will be on my wife's agenda.
Well that sounds like a well-rounded vacation!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!
Class of '91 (MEEN)
JT05
AG
Just booked Vienna for work for mid May. Going 3 days early with my my wife to explore the city. Will also hit Frankfurt on the way home for a couple of days for a meeting.
Danger Mouse
AG
JT05 said:

Just booked Vienna for work for mid May. Going 3 days early with my my wife to explore the city. Will also hit Frankfurt on the way home for a couple of days for a meeting.

Staying in which district? I recommend near in the 1st District.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
JT05
AG
Danger Mouse said:

JT05 said:

Conference hotel is the Imperial Riding School Hotel in district 3, so just east of the 1st. I have considered staying the 3 nights with my wife before the conference in district 1 but wasn't thrilled about moving hotels mid trip.
Danger Mouse
AG
JT05 said:

Danger Mouse said:

JT05 said:

Conference hotel is the Imperial Riding School Hotel in district 3, so just east of the 1st. I have considered staying the 3 nights with my wife before the conference in district 1 but wasn't thrilled about moving hotels mid trip.

Oh that is a nice area. Stayed in the 3rd a few times, most recently the fall of 2019.

You are about a 10-15 minutes walk to the 1st.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
barbacoa taco
AG
Going to Eugene, Oregon next week to run the marathon. Never been to Eugene, looking forward to it.
RobCoMom
AG
Leaving tomorrow for Louisville and the Bourbon tour. Then a couple days in Nashville for fun!

Name a great restaurant in Nashville I absolutely have to try???
breezecustomtravel
AG
We really loved Husk…I thought the food was outstanding. I've heard mixed reviews though.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
aggiedata
AG
We are going to Charleston on Tuesday. Thanks for the restaurant tips!
bthotugigem05
AG
Caught the end of the cherry blossoms in Tokyo and had dinner at what apparently is the Kill Bill restaurant.

frenchtoast
Posted the trip report to a new thread. Let me know if you have questions on anything.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.