Cabo?

1,903 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Al Bula
Cow Pie & Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering a trip to Cabo in November, we have never been
We like AI's , the wife likes the Paradisio
Suggestions , etc appreciated.
Thanks
'85
fredfredunderscorefred
no help on AIs. sorry. casa Dorada is nice (tres sirenas restaurant nearby is really good) . Playa grande is good also. Tesoros - asi asi.

if you have the time, do the dune buggies. don't spend too much time shopping around as they all bring you to the same ranch, but it is a lot of fun. They make you travel in a line like ants....don't be the first buggy....every once in a while go really slow and then you have space to go wide open throttle (spend the few extra bucks on insurance). The view at the ocean stop is pretty nice - untouched beach with breaking waves in both directions you look.
Westicles
AG
We went to Cabo in March and stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica which was an AI. Would recommend. Food was great, room and pools were good. You cannot swim on the beach there (and I believe most resorts on the tip) because the waves are too crazy. I played Quivira Golf Club one day which you have to stay at one of the Pueblo Bonito resorts to play, highly recommend that course if you're a golfer.

We would definitely do that trip all over with minimal changes.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Los Cabos is a great destination with some incredible AI resorts and also some non-AI resorts. There are so many great options if would depend on your preferences and budget.

If you have any questions or need help with booking anything feel free to reach out!

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Every time a Cabo thread comes up I think, damn, I can't wait to go back. Freaking love Cabo. The food, the people, the weather, the fishing, the whales, just love it all.
JT05
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Every time a Cabo thread comes up I think, damn, I can't wait to go back. Freaking love Cabo. The food, the people, the weather, the fishing, the whales, just love it all.

TRUTH
BBQ
AG
I always stay in Pedragal so i can easily walk down to the marina. I really enjoy having adult beverages and watching the boats come in. That is ifI am not on a boat myself

Also enjoy going North a bit to San Jose and enjoy watching the surfers do their thing and playing washers on the beach.

In my oldest sons HS graduation trip, he along with 5 of his HS football mates, happen to be on the beach and trying their abilities at surfing. At the same time a tropical sun tan group of models we're having a photo shoot.

Long story short, I was able to convince 3 of the girls to paddle out on surfboards to join them with cold beverages in tow. I did not tell them until a few years later it was my negotiating skills AKA small payment that led them to join the young men not their physique.
62strat
AG
We're staying at villa del palmar (AI) in July with the last few days at the Weston (not AI). Never stayed at either place, but last time we stayed at Hilton golf (not AI) and loved it. They might have the best beach in the area due to a big jetty wall they built.
AggieStan
Le Blanc

Top top notch
amg405
AG
We did Nobu in Cabo. It was amazing but not AI.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I have done the Westin twice. It is nice. No real tips or secrets. They will try to sell you a timeshare. We did the presentation once for a cheap room and they weren't too pushy. The food onsite is nothing spectacular. There are kids, but not too many and they spread out well. 7 Seas down the road is good food and a really cool cove for surfers. They will cook your catch.
62strat
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I have done the Westin twice. It is nice. No real tips or secrets. They will try to sell you a timeshare. We did the presentation once for a cheap room and they weren't too pushy. The food onsite is nothing spectacular. There are kids, but not too many and they spread out well. 7 Seas down the road is good food and a really cool cove for surfers. They will cook your catch.
yeh we are only paying $300 for 4 nights because of the timeshare presentation.

We do them often; easy way to travel cheaply.
Our Cabo Hilton golf stay was $300 for a week and we got a $150 credit for the timeshare presentation lol.

Can't beat $150 a week.
Goodest Poster
AG
Cabo is our "go to" for trips without the kids.
We stay at Pedregal.
If you are a tequila fan, head over to the Clase Azul boutique at Las Palmillas. If you do, pm me and I will try and help with a vip experience set up.
Of course Las Palmillas is a great resort too.
For cheap but delicious eats, we will hit up La Lupita tacos at least once. And if you want a romantic dinner, El Farallon at Pedregal is the best spot but book it early. If you can, get a sundown dinner time and enjoy the first part of the night under lights.
Always the most goodest
BBQ
AG
El Faralon is the way to go if you are with the spouse. Absolutely wonderful experience
DeBoss
AG
For all of my other Cabo people, what car service do you normally use from the airport? Going the end of the month to the slower side for some golf and relaxation!
62strat
AG
the hotel we are staying at partners with;

https://www.caboseasons.com/

Haven't used them yet so can't comment, but I typically use a hotel rec over random google search.

Last time we used www.airportbajatransfers.com, solely because they had an option for a 1 hour stop, which we used to get some things at a grocery store (weren't staying at AI) They also had a booster seat option.
The give an email with pictures of what to look for and where to go at the airport to make it very easy and straightforward.

Had no issues other than we arranged for private, and at airport there was confusion and we had a lovely older American couple that ended up riding with us.
They refunded half my money if I remember, so that was fine by me.
maroon10
AG
Can you do Cabo in 3 days?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If you mean fly in on day 1 and fly out on day 3, it will be tight. It takes time to get through an international flight and time to get from the airport to the hotel. Neither are bad in Cabo, but it takes time nonetheless. You probably wouldn't have time for an excursion on your one full day, but you could if you wanted. If you have 2 full days onsite it would be much better. Fly in Friday and out Sunday is a lot.
maroon10
AG
4 nights, 2 full days.
CFTXAG10
AG
AggieStan said:

Le Blanc

Top top notch
2nd. We have been to a lot of AI's in Cancun, Cabo, and other parts of Mexico. Le Blanc has been the best. Just be sure if you do it to take advantage of all of the amenities.
Ag_07
AG
We're headed to Cabo in June staying in an AirBnB halfway between San Jose and CSL.

Looking for food recs while we're there.
JMac03
AG
Just saw this for the first time as I was in Spain.

My favorite there is Le Blanc.
Another great option is Grand Velas.

I love the area Breathless is in. Dreams Los Cabos. Sandos is something more budget friendly, also in a great area. I like the Hard Rock but it's far from town (not an issue if you aren't leaving the resort). Hyatt Ziva also a solid option.
Al Bula
AG
El Farallon: so exclusive they pass out blankets when the waves are crashing over the cliff.

The views are great but even on hot summer days the pacific can be a tricky beech and kick up cold water on the seating area.

Probably fun to do once, but last time the food was very mediocre.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.