Global Entry Renewal - Wait Time
1,529 Views | 17 Replies
arrow
8:54a, 4/12/24
Anyone else have an unusually long wait for Global Entry renewal? I'm reaching the dreaded point of having to pick up the phone and call.

I submitted my renewal application in July 2023, six months before expiration.

I submitted my wife's renewal application in July 2023. Also six months before expiration. Her approval was very quick, no interview required.
ChipFTAC01
10:03a, 4/12/24
You've been waiting for 9 months? Yeah, they lost it dude.
arrow
11:09a, 4/12/24
Their generic response was that GE is now a 13-14 month wait.
txags92
12:05p, 4/12/24
My renewal was approved in about 3 days, no re-interview. Whose list are you on?
arrow
2:08p, 4/12/24
In reply to txags92
I've been wondering the same thing.
OasisMan
4:03p, 4/12/24
Ya I renewed within a couple of days of submission,
No need to re-interview
OilManAg91
5:42p, 4/12/24
GE renewal tentatively approved in 1 week. Went through immigration 2 weeks later and did the interview…took 5 min, then received new card in the mail about a week later. Surprisingly efficient process. Sounds like they lost your application.
fredfredunderscorefred
6:50p, 4/12/24
Few days/week for me to see approval online. Then got new card about 2 weeks after applying for renewal.
HeightsAg
7:14p, 4/12/24
Don't worry, you're not alone. I've been waiting 9+ months for conditional approval. Apparently they randomly select applicants for more scrutiny as part of their due diligence process and if you are lucky enough to get chosen, it may take more than a year because they are so backed up.
Crazy Ag 97
7:50p, 4/13/24
My daughter just went from application submittal to approval to interview and approval in less than a week. Granted, she was under 1, so the background check was pretty easy. Got approved within 24 hours of submitting and when I looked up interviews there was a time slot available the next day. I couldn't believe it. Some dumb ass luck.
AlphaBean
12:06a, 4/14/24
My husband and I both submitted our renewals the same day last year. Mine was approved literally overnight. In the wee hours in fact. His was approved a year later. Not a typo. A year later.
Prosper92Ag
1:18a, 4/14/24
Similar to AlphaBean ...

Submitted mine (rewewal) and wife's (new) applications at same time in Nov 2022. Mine was approved almost immediately (within a day or two) with no interview. My wife just received her conditional approval a couple of weeks ago (so about 14 months). Now to wait for an interview ... nothing in Texas, except El Paso or somewhere else equally as difficult to get to, and those were way off, like end of the year. Actually found one in Denver in June, which worked for us.

The incompetence of the government is insane!
arrow
8:26a, 4/14/24
According the their website, you can continue to use Global Entry after expiration as long as you submitted the renewal application before expiry. Has any one tested this? I'm traveling international next month.
scd88
9:47a, 4/14/24
Just submitted my application for new. Let's see how long it takes. I realize it's not a renewal, but didn't want to start another thread regarding a related topic.
txam92
12:59p, 4/14/24
In reply to fredfredunderscorefred
fredfredunderscorefred said:

Few days/week for me to see approval online. Then got new card about 2 weeks after applying for renewal.
Same for me. Didn't even have to do the interview.
HeightsAg
11:14p, 4/14/24
In reply to arrow
arrow said:

According the their website, you can continue to use Global Entry after expiration as long as you submitted the renewal application before expiry. Has any one tested this? I'm traveling international next month.
That is correct. There is a 24 month grace period right now for those waiting for renewals.
oldag941
11:03a, 4/15/24
Same here. Mine expired in March. I applied in January for renewal. It's april and still waiting but it does say that I can continue to use it during this process.
EngineeringArcher
11:36p, 5/9/24
In reply to oldag941
Wow. My renewal took literally 2 hours to process early this year. Submitting renewal questionnaire online, received approval that same afternoon. I hold other clearances and previous fed.gov employment, but I'd be surprised if they factored that in. I wasn't aware they're so backed up.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings