Recommendation For Train From Edinburgh to London?

792 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by nai06
TXCityAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am traveling with my family through Ireland, Scotland, and England in June. We have pretty much everything booked and settled. The last thing I need to book is a train for the four of us from Edinburgh to London. Which company would you recommend? Honestly, I'm just exhausted with planning this trip and I don't have the energy to get online and research anymore.
breezecustomtravel
AG
We booked our rail with Rail Europe for London to Edinburgh. The direct line is with LNER and they were wonderful. We booked first class just to have our reserved seats and service. We actually had a delay during the trip and it caused us to be about 45 min late arriving and they refunded us half of our money. I think if it's over an hour delay then you receive full refund, I can't remember the exact terms.

I also use Rail Europe a lot for my clients when booking rail in most European countries and have had no issues. I will say that rail tickets are usually non-refundable if purchased in advance but you can make changes if you need to.

Enjoy your trip to the UK!

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Just made the same trip with Lumo in March from EDI Waverly with one stop in Newcastle to London King's cross. No complaints.
JMac03
AG
I usually use Rail Europe as well as it is super easy to use. Sometimes I do book the trains direct on the vendor website but I find RE easier. For my rail last week in Spain I did book direct with the train line.
OilManAg91
AG
The Trainline app works well.
62strat
AG
We took a train from london to edinburgh back in 2010..
We just bought a ticket on www.thetrainline.com iirc, like a day or two before.

Great scenery.

ontherocks
AG
Highly recommend breaking up your train trip in York. Favorite city in all of England/Scotland. Beautiful church and walking downtown area.
nai06
AG
LNER takes you from Edinburgh Waverly to Kings Cross. Book the First Class ticket as it comes with meal, beverage service, WiFi, and plugs at seats. You can reserve 4 seats together with a large table which is also nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.