Japan recs in May

572 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by E
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I are going to Japan in mid-May through Memorial Day. Going to Tokyo for 4-5 nights, Kyoto for 3, and Osaka for 1-2 nights.

Any recs for a couple in their late 30's early 40's? Plan so far is to do all the touristy stuff in Tokyo, relax more in Kyoto, and either day trip to Osaka or stay a night (or 2). Already have sumo tix in Tokyo and looking to get to a baseball game. Have a Ramen tour scheduled for one night.
fire09
AG
Did this exact trip in November. I'm happy to send you our full itinerary if you want to share your email. It's too much to type out. Highlights include the deer park in Osaka, monkey park in Kyoto, planetlabs and Mario karting in Tokyo. There's a couple of rail passes you need to get at Narita or your trip will be a major hassle. Japan was great, people were great. Tourism has exploded there unfortunately, so not sure how long that will last.
E
AG
Awesome suggestions! Definitely interested in monkey park, planet labs, and Mario karting. If you have the itinerary readily available I'd like to check it out.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Take the necessary time to learn the basic ins/outs of the subway/rail system (IE, different operators, operating hours, "home base" stations, cost/payment system, etc.). Once y'all get comfortable with that, the entire city/cities/country opens up to you and it makes Japan even more enjoyable/incredible than it already is.

Also, learn what all of those buttons do in their bathrooms/restrooms.
fire09
AG
Sent. You can take your email down.
E
AG
fire09 said:

Sent. You can take your email down.

Got it thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.