Crypto-trading thread
766,695 Views | 8527 Replies
Definitely Not A Cop
9:09a, 4/19/24
Happy Halving Day
ac04
8:58p, 4/19/24
buying bitcoin on the day of the halving and holding until the next one has never yielded less than 5x. just FYI if you have any fiat you don't need for 4 years.
Bag
9:36a, 4/21/24
In reply to ac04
ac04 said:

buying bitcoin on the day of the halving and holding until the next one has never yielded less than 5x. just FYI if you have any fiat you don't need for 4 years.
LihaiAg06
10:14a, 4/21/24
In reply to ac04
While this is easy, the harder times to buy are more profitable. Everyone wants to buy when price has gone up 400% since the bear market lows. Not as many buy when price is depressed 75% from previous highs.

Buy into extreme fear and HODL. You'll outperform 98%.
Algorithmic Epiphany
2:33a, 4/23/24

That's awesome
Yukon Cornelius
8:32p, 4/24/24
nortex97
8:17a, 5/6/24
Has robinhood been up to more shenanigans with traders, this time on the crypto side?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robinhood-markets-gets-sec-warning-125109985.html
Bag
9:50p, 5/7/24
curious what percentage of crypto holders actually download to cold storage.

quick poll I suppose

I do.
Drawkcab
2:17a, 5/8/24
How much of your portfolio is crypto anyway?

I'm seriously considering converting 5% of my entire portfolio into bitcoin. How stupid is this?
Pepper Brooks
6:08a, 5/8/24
In reply to Drawkcab
It's not stupid at all.

https://glxy.galaxy.com/hubfs/Asset%20Management%20Reports/GLXY_Whitepaper_Bitcoin%20in%20a%20Portfolio_2023.pdf
Yukon Cornelius
7:43a, 5/8/24
In reply to Drawkcab
What's stupid is paying taxes to an entity that is going into debt to generate more cash to expand itself to collect more taxes.

You buying more bitcoin isn't stupid.
CC09LawAg
8:04a, 5/8/24
In reply to Drawkcab
Isn't that around the percentage people traditionally recommend you put into precious metals?

I think, even if you are someone who is hesitant to adopt Bitcoin or aren't a "true believer", it is at the very least worth it as a hedge to become a similar "inflation proof" asset against the way things are currently going.

So no, I don't think it's crazy.
carl spacklers hat
12:52p, 5/8/24
In reply to Bag
I do
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
7:56p, 5/8/24
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6gqeohrZn8/?igsh=bWFkOXlqb2c1YXE4

Thoughts on this? If what he's saying comes to fruition does it render ETH towards a collapse?

I've been in ETH and BTC since 2017 so my gains are significant. If I trade ETH for BTC I'll have taxable gains I'm guessing?
GarlandAg2012
10:45p, 5/8/24
In reply to Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Who is that guy and why should anyone believe him?
TxAG#2011
9:52a, 5/9/24
That's Michael Saylor and he's been banging that drum for years. It doesn't even make sense, even if the SEC banned it these are worldwide markets and still viable in the rest of the world.
carl spacklers hat
1:15p, 5/9/24
In reply to GarlandAg2012
GarlandAg2012 said:

The fact you're posting this on a crypto trading thread is strongly suggestive you need to do a LOT more research before diving into the pool.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
GarlandAg2012
3:59p, 5/9/24
In reply to carl spacklers hat
carl spacklers hat said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

The fact you're posting this on a crypto trading thread is strongly suggestive you need to do a LOT more research before diving into the pool.
LOL fair enough but I posted that while somewhat intoxicated.

I've owned crypto since 2014. I'm in the deep end already brother! Just not a trader.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
4:54p, 5/9/24
Trading eth for btc on coinbase creates a tax liability correct?
Monywolf
6:32p, 5/9/24
That is correct
Definitely Not A Cop
7:27a, 5/10/24
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6gqeohrZn8/?igsh=bWFkOXlqb2c1YXE4

Thoughts on this? If what he's saying comes to fruition does it render ETH towards a collapse?

I've been in ETH and BTC since 2017 so my gains are significant. If I trade ETH for BTC I'll have taxable gains I'm guessing?

POS coins have yet to show how they are more efficient cost wise versus a standard non-blockchain solution. Bitcoin being POW bakes in the supply/demand equation automatically. If it takes more energy to mine a block, then the price of bitcoin should increase enough to account for that.

Basically we need some kind of energy revolution with fusion or some way to massively reduce the amount of energy required with blockchain to make POS profitable. It's basically solar in the 70's. Saylor is playing Exxon in the 70's saying it will never work.

Now whether ETH can ride it out long enough for it to get there remains to be seen.
carl spacklers hat
9:17p, 5/11/24
In reply to GarlandAg2012
Not a trader either, but I try to stay informed of multiple perspectives. Saylor is a BTC maximalist, which you might already know. So, his opinions of other crypto is going to reflect that.
nortex97
6:53a, 5/13/24
BTC up nicely a couple percent, over the weekend.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 244 of 244
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings