NCAA Tournament
3,882 Views | 27 Replies
aggiedrjdub
5:06p, 3/12/24
I see CC has us in; however, does Portland beating Gonzaga to win the West Coast Conference tournament keep us out? It doesn't look like Portland was in the tournament.
VedderAg
5:09p, 3/12/24
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the ESPN alert on my phone about that upset. I don't know enough about it to say, but it can't help. Hopefully we were not last team in.
aggiedrjdub
5:10p, 3/12/24
In reply to VedderAg
Doesn't look like we were. We were at the top of the last 4 in, but I'm kind of worried now.
taylorswift13_
8:14p, 3/12/24
Based on the brackets I've seen, I think we just barely sneak in
AggieSports
1:30a, 3/13/24
In reply to aggiedrjdub
aggiedrjdub said:

I see CC has us in; however, does Portland beating Gonzaga to win the West Coast Conference tournament keep us out? It doesn't look like Portland was in the tournament.

Charlie Crme said the Portland win would most likely keep Miss St out. He has MSU ranked as the last place team of the First Four Out. There would be 3 more teams to go through of the FFO before it got to the Last Four In. I feel like we'll be in the tourney.
aggiedrjdub
8:31a, 3/13/24
In reply to AggieSports
Okay - good info. And, does that currently have us in a play-in game? I don't understand how the play-in games are 11 seeds but the aq in some conferences get 16 seeds.
Gap
9:18p, 3/14/24
The play-in games (rebranded as 1st round games) are between the last 4 at-large teams (whether they end up being 11 or 12 seeds) and the worst 4 overall teams (16 seeds). The worst 4 overall teams are going to be automatic qualifiers from very weak conferences. So, basically the play-in games are the bottom 4 at-large teams and the bottom 4 AQs.
aggiedrjdub
9:34a, 3/15/24
In reply to Gap
Gap said:

The play-in games (rebranded as 1st round games) are between the last 4 at-large teams (whether they end up being 11 or 12 seeds) and the worst 4 overall teams (16 seeds). The worst 4 overall teams are going to be automatic qualifiers from very weak conferences. So, basically the play-in games are the bottom 4 at-large teams and the bottom 4 AQs.
At one point, the bracket showed Texas A&M playing Vanderbilt, which I thought was odd.
Faustus
11:19a, 3/15/24
In reply to aggiedrjdub
aggiedrjdub said:

Gap said:

At one point, the bracket showed Texas A&M playing Vanderbilt, which I thought was odd.
Not odd at all given the the subsets play amongst each other, not against each other. So those 4 at large-teams will play each other, and the bottom 4 of the AQs will play each other in the play-in/1st round games.

ESPN has the final four in as Marquette, A&M, Vandy, and Arizona amongst the at large play-in category. If that holds true then Vandy would be A&M's first round game.
aggiedrjdub
10:54a, 3/17/24
Does anyone know if the team is watching the selection today?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Gap
11:00a, 3/17/24
In reply to aggiedrjdub
aggiedrjdub said:

They are privately. Nothing public or with tv cameras there.
aggiedrjdub
3:45p, 3/17/24
In reply to Gap
Gap said:

aggiedrjdub said:

They are privately. Nothing public or with tv cameras there.

Probably smart.
taylorswift13_
4:17p, 3/17/24
I remember in 2019 working with the athletic program as a student and as the watch party is starting to get going, all the girls got in a huddle and started jumping up and down looking at a phone… someone had leaked the bracket and they told the girls and fans to act surprised when our name was revealed
Rudybryan
4:36p, 3/17/24
If CC is right LSU and Iowa are headed for a collision course and that's if she get through UCONN or Duke

Would love for Tenn to beat Texas in 2nd round
aggiedrjdub
5:43p, 3/17/24
Men are in! Gig'em!
brandonh
7:07p, 3/17/24
Nebraska twice! Whoop.

They looked pumped.

Who will Trev be rooting for?
aggiedrjdub
7:08p, 3/17/24
Woohoo! Gig'em!!!
Aldo the Apache
7:09p, 3/17/24
NEBRASKA AGAIN
rausr
7:17p, 3/17/24
Wow- LSU a 3 seed!
BQ_90
7:20p, 3/17/24
So these games are at regional site now?
emoney
7:21p, 3/17/24
In reply to BQ_90
The sweet 16 and elite eight
BQ_90
7:24p, 3/17/24
In reply to emoney
emoney said:

The sweet 16 and elite eight

So we are at NU then?
emoney
7:24p, 3/17/24
I figured LSU would be on the same side as Iowa but not in the same regional
emoney
7:25p, 3/17/24
In reply to BQ_90
Oregon State, the home teams are the 1-4 seeds for the first and second round.
greg.w.h
7:31p, 3/17/24
I'm excited to see if the team steps up like they did in the SEC Toutnament which Joni explained by the team being healthy.
LB12Diamond
7:31p, 3/17/24
Weird that both teams are playing the Huskers.

The Huskers girls team is pretty solid.
emoney
7:36p, 3/17/24
In reply to LB12Diamond
If we didn't just hire away their AD, I would think it was weird but NCAA knows what they're doing
AGDAD14
7:40p, 3/17/24
We need to sweep Nebraska to make our new AD feel good about his decision!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings