Portal news

16,952 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Ag4eva95
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think forfeiting the scholarship is the best way to describe. If someone enters the portal the next semester doesn't have to be renewed by the coaching staff at the school you were playing at. Same basic premise but schools could still honor the agreement if they so choose and some in the past have maybe hoping for a change of heart.
AggieSports
AG

Buzz has the right kind of players who truly want to be Aggies and are 100% in. I think this is what it will take for our WBB program to be consistently successful. I believe Joni will get there but like it did with Buzz, it will take a little time. Ware, Coulibaly, and Jones are those types of players. Hopefully, they will help recruit like-minded players to continue to build the program.
Ag4eva95
Yes and no. If you look at the top 25 programs, they recruit very well. We have not recruited the hs ranks very well outside of Barker. The transfer portal has been huge miss so far this year. We needed to find some real leadership at guard and most of the top transfers are gone. I like the core we bring bring down low, but that won't matter at all if we can't move the ball.

Blair, even in his off years, still recruited decently well. Did they pan out, not necessarily. But Jones and Malone are Blair prospects. But the thing that scares me about Taylor is that she's missing on great instate talent. She was brought in to tap into the local talent and that was a big part of her pitch. Marshall was a huge miss and we have a decent guard/forward coming in, but looks like a Jones clone. So idk how much she will contribute with Jones back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.