Real Estate
Sponsored by

Need some advice regarding a home inspection on a lakehouse wherein no building codes

10,678 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Furlock Bones
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Our title company doesn't even allow cashier's check over 1500 dollars because of the possibility of someone committing check fraud or stopping a check and getting keys.

Hard not to be emotional over property you have had so long, but definitely your old neighbors should give them a little grace and time to settle in on getting their new property taken care of.
Wire fraud is still a thing. The buyers have repeatedly lied and accessed the house weeks before closing because their agent gave them the code. Had to warn them they would be arrested if they kept breaking into the house.

We have owned that place for 25 years, Neighbors have been our family/friends for about that same time frame.

Buyers have already lied to them, repeatedly. Trespassed onto their property, docks.

I understand that the lake I grew up with and had homes there has changed because the people moving in are not good people anymore. Just jerks who will never help out when needed, like everyone did because, that is what we did.

Almost completely true story when a neighbor went the wrong direction.
20ag07
Still can't believe an alleged attorney, isn't smart enough to clean up her thread (on posts that she should have been smart enough to not make in the first place) NAMING the actual buyer and his profession.

The transaction is over and done (as long as you finally got your boat off the property).

Maybe just contain your complaining about the buyers of a house you don't own anymore, AND AGREED TO SELL TO, to the old neighborhood group text chain.

(The rest of us know you can't do that, bc you have to hit your typical 60+ posts a day quota here.)
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wire fraud? Why is wire fraud even being mentioned? You were clearly pissed at these folks from day 1. Move the F on. Riling up the neighbors sure isn't going to help anything. Maybe you shouldn't have sold the place if you are this attached to it and your neighbors. I'd be mortified to have bought a place from someone who is now going to watch my every move and poison my new neighbors against me. 25 years or 25 days, it's over, no longer yours, and time to move on.
dallasag_123
One thing in common with these type posters:

well crap. Fail. Just trying to show the 71% posts have been in the Politics board.
DannyDuberstein
AG
She could have given a flat no at the outset and moved on. Negotiations on repair concessions happen all the time. People, including contractors, disagree on the extent of repairs all the time. If there is an aggrieved party here, I'd say it's the other guy. Pretty awkward to move into a new home and have had the prior owner constantly ****-talk about me to everyone around because she got emotional about the process.
swimmerbabe11
sure, wire fraud is a thing but it's the buyers responsibility to make sure they do the right thing. not allowing checks protects you from a situation like you feared, where they had taken the keys and stopped the check and started squatting.

it was my impression that in Texas they had stopped allowing checks.

as far as the realtor giving the code, that's a big no no ..why didn't your realtor change the code?
FC12
500,000ags
AG
Based on OP's post history, this thread turned out exactly like I thought it would. Always more to the story, with some slight delusion thrown in.
cslifer
I thought you posted that the deal closed like a week ago but you are still posting in the present tense as if you still own it. And then you add in that the realtor is giving out door codes and the buyer was randomly accessing it before closing. Once you add up the totality of all your posts about this I have a very had time believing any of it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
cslifer said:

I thought you posted that the deal closed like a week ago but you are still posting in the present tense as if you still own it. And then you add in that the realtor is giving out door codes and the buyer was randomly accessing it before closing. Once you add up the totality of all your posts about this I have a very had time believing any of it.

Yeah, she would have raised this earlier if there was actually something to it. My guess is there is far more to the story and an explanation. Given the repair negotiation and contractors involved, my guess is it relates to that and now she's spinning it
ElephantRider
AG
500,000ags said:

Based on OP's post history, this thread turned out exactly like I thought it would. Always more to the story, with some slight delusion thrown in.

This was my assumption the whole time. Hawg isn't the sharpest tool in the shed
20ag07
Quote:

After blasting the buyer, by name, because she was emotional, and on stuff that was not her business anymore…

She'd probably be shocked that she blathered enough info that her own name can now be pulled up in 20 seconds. (LMS-being much nicer than she was to the buyer by not blasting a full name on the internet)

But rather than acting like the smart attorney she so strongly claims to be- she'll just go on posting 60 times a day on F16 telling everyone how smart she is.

If she was a sharp former attorney, she'd clean it up. Rather, she was looking for an emotional pity party (and everybody saw straight through it, after a bit), which an alleged sharp attorney would know does not go into a real estate transaction.
Sea Speed
AG
ElephantRider said:

500,000ags said:

I've always thought it comical how people treat her as if she is lady justice herself.
Furlock Bones
AG
10 pounds of ____ in a 5 pound bag.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.