HCAD binding arbitration negotiation
1,103 Views | 6 Replies
Dr. Venkman
1:15p, 3/19/24
I submitted a binding arbitration application for last year's property value. I just heard back from the comptroller that the application has been accepted and I am now in a 45 day period of negotiation with HCAD. If we can come to an agreement, the new value will be set and I receive my $500 deposit back (minus a $50 administration fee). After the 45 days, an arbitrator will selected and we'll move forward with the arbitration.

Has anyone done this before? Should I contact them to negotiate or will they contact me? I feel like it would be fruitless since we already tried to negotiate twice - in the informal and formal hearings.
Bassmaster
12:51p, 3/20/24
I haven't done it, but am interested to hear your outcome. Good on you for not bending over and taking it from them. Good luck!
JJxvi
5:00p, 3/20/24
I mean, is it worth it to you to save $450?
Dr. Venkman
7:59a, 3/21/24
In reply to JJxvi
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm just wondering, for those who have done this before, did HCAD contact you with a settlement offer within the 45 day window? Or did you contact them?
JJxvi
9:51a, 3/21/24
Ive seen both. If you want to try to settle, contact them, because they might never contact you at all.
Watchful Ag
4:10p, 3/21/24
In reply to JJxvi
JJxvi said:

because they might never contact you at all.
I'd reach out to them as well
Dr. Venkman
10:50a, 4/4/24
In reply to Bassmaster
Bassmaster said:

I haven't done it, but am interested to hear your outcome. Good on you for not bending over and taking it from them. Good luck!
They ended up calling me and we settled over the phone. So sadly I won't be able to share the experience of going to arbitration.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings