Listing Question- Assumable Loan
926 Views | 5 Replies
Ham Slice MRE
6:02p, 4/5/24
Real estate pros:
Is there a rule against marketing the fact that a property has an assumable loan? I am getting some resistance from my agent on this and they have now included the info but buried in the realtor notes. I was hoping that it would be a highlight of the listing.
regularjoe
7:10p, 4/5/24
I am not aware any such rule. I agree that an assumable loan is a great marketing aspect of the potential transaction. TREC has a promulgated form for assumable loans that would be an addendum to the real estate contract.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
7:45p, 4/5/24
In reply to Ham Slice MRE
No rule, and assuming it is a FHA, VA or USDA loan (conventional loans are not assumable) no reason not advertise it.
Ham Slice MRE
8:28p, 4/5/24
Thanks, ai will have to talk to my agent and see what the issue is. Maybe an old rule?

ukbb2003
10:47p, 4/5/24
On realtor.com, they actually have a filter toggle switch to show homes with assumable mortgages.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:44p, 4/6/24
In reply to Ham Slice MRE
I've sold three homes with assumable loans in the last year and I have a seller agreement signed for a fourth one this summer. We marketed the piss out of all three and got great outcomes because of that. No way I would list one with that HUGE bonus and then not mention it.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings