Real Estate
Sponsored by

Listing Question- Assumable Loan

876 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Red Pear Realty
Ham Slice MRE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Real estate pros:
Is there a rule against marketing the fact that a property has an assumable loan? I am getting some resistance from my agent on this and they have now included the info but buried in the realtor notes. I was hoping that it would be a highlight of the listing.
regularjoe
AG
I am not aware any such rule. I agree that an assumable loan is a great marketing aspect of the potential transaction. TREC has a promulgated form for assumable loans that would be an addendum to the real estate contract.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
No rule, and assuming it is a FHA, VA or USDA loan (conventional loans are not assumable) no reason not advertise it.
Ham Slice MRE
AG
Thanks, ai will have to talk to my agent and see what the issue is. Maybe an old rule?

ukbb2003
On realtor.com, they actually have a filter toggle switch to show homes with assumable mortgages.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I've sold three homes with assumable loans in the last year and I have a seller agreement signed for a fourth one this summer. We marketed the piss out of all three and got great outcomes because of that. No way I would list one with that HUGE bonus and then not mention it.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.