Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home insurance

3,977 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by jja79
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just moved 5 cars, 2 homes, umbrella. Will probably move everything. Saved around $6000/year. Not bad for a day off!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Aggie71013
AG
12 years isn't even that old of a roof.
Yesterday
AG
94chem said:

Just moved 5 cars, 2 homes, umbrella. Will probably move everything. Saved around $6000/year. Not bad for a day off!

What does this mean? Does this umbrella cover everything? What's the deductible? Thanks!
Sea Speed
AG
I assume he simply means he moved 5 cars, 2 homes and an umbrella policy.

Yesterday
AG
Sea Speed said:

I assume he simply means he moved 5 cars, 2 homes and an umbrella policy.

Ah. That makes more sense
JustPanda
AG
Our home insurance in Colorado went up 319% because of the Marshall Fire. Guess that's what happens when every carrier leaves the state. Consider yourselves lucky.
wessimo
AG
Insurance on our rental in Houston went from $3k to $5k AND they jacked the deductible up to 5%. Trying to figure out if it is even worth keeping it.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Who is your provider ? My just gave me notice that they are not renewing
aTm2004
AG
94chem said:

3400 square feet in 77339. Goosehead, via Sagesure, just raised me to $5231. I'm switching to AllState for $3127.

Which agent? I'm in 77345 and have been with Goosehead and renewal is $5k. 3300 sq/ft.
wessimo
AG
Homeowners of America
jaggiemaggie
AG
That's who I have and they sent me notice that they are not renewing
Absolute
AG
LoneStarBQ said:

These days you just have to shop around. Do this every couple of years because they are starting to do introductory rates and then hike them in a year or so. Flood insurance is a different animal and is supported by the government.
In my experience this used to be true, but now things have changed and it isn't working that way anymore. I have tried shopping my current policies multiple times over the last couple years. The best I found was a couple years ago where it was the same. Lately, none of the new quotes are even close to being competitive.

Not sure what the answer is, but it is going to become a big problem in multiple ways.
rlb28
AG
What the Bleep is going on w/ Texas home insurance?

Story from Texas Monthly
Sea Speed
AG
Figured it would be there, but of course there's more climate crisis alarmism. Of course houstons favorite meteorologist turned political tweeter was quoted.

Quote:

With forecasts calling for a potentially record-setting Atlantic hurricane season, Texas is unlikely to see a respite from natural disastersor rising home insurance premiumsanytime soon. "There's a lot of people who say, well, the market can solve everything," said Houston meteorologist Matt Lanza, managing editor of the popular website Space City Weather. "Well, the market is telling us that climate change is an issue, because insurers are scared of what the future holds. You're going to have these storms every year."
jja79
AG
He doesn't seem to understand the difference in weather and climate.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.