Real Estate
Sponsored by

Build on your own lot by a major builder costs in Conroe

1,097 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by MAS444
2002reb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know what the costs are on a sq ft basis for having a major homebuilder build on your lot in the Conroe area? Like Highland, Toll Brothers, etc.

I don't really want to go to a custom build. I was just thinking I pick one of their popular models that I like and that would be cost effective and probably best for resale.

Thanks!
2002reb
AG
Also, if anyone knows how much it may cost to clear a little less than an acre of land, that would be helpful too!
ktownag08
AG
Not sure if any of those actually build on your own lot. Perry used to.

Kurk Homes or Partners in Building are custom builders, but they have floor plans you can pick from to keep it simpler. Pricing will strongly depend upon desired finishes, but I'd expect $250/sqft +/-.

Rough cost to clear a wooded acre lot is going to be 15-20k.
DDub74
I was very happy with using PIB on our home but we live in Houston central. Our base price starting was like $175 but due to some additions and wife's wants, we ended up over $200. We moved in year ago FYI. I would assume base is $200 now but you will want more and probably be between $225-250 is my guess.

Also, they built our 4500 SF two-story in nine months. Very fast, but good quality but both my wife and I are in construction so we watched them pretty close but overall a good sub base. And remember no builder is perfect so there will be issues with whoever you go with, but PIB was fair.
htxag09
AG
We recently moved and were looking at lots in the process.

Partners in Building was who we decided to go with had we purchased a lot and built. I liked their semi-custom aspect and process in general. Really no need for me to have a truly custom home (and costs associated) when they have floorplans that have worked for hundreds of people. It also seemed their base price includes more high end finishes than other build on your lot but not custom builders. We were planning on around $240/sq ft.

We ended up buying an existing house so no personal experience with the actual process.
AgLiving06
Was the $240 what PIB said or what your estimate was?

We are in a similar spot of trying to decide whether we move to the suburbs, buy a home and do work on it, or potentially buy a lot.

I'm trying to work through the cost of Lot + build to ballpark my all in cost.

My realtor (talked to him about it a year or 2 ago) thought it was near $175, but sounds like that's all gone up.
htxag09
AG
It's been awhile so my memory may be off, plus things may have changed. But I want to say PIB had told us around $190. We just knew we'd want things like hardwood floors throughout the entire house, taller ceilings upstairs also, 48 or 60" range, etc. He told us the high end of what most people did was around $240.
jja79
AG
I'm working on 7 one-time close loans right now and I haven't seen anything as low as $250/SF.
2002reb
AG
Thank you all for your responses. This is valuable information. I'll be sure to contact PIB if we buy the property.

MAS444
AG
Quote:

I'm working on 7 one-time close loans right now and I haven't seen anything as low as $250/SF.
Yeah most of these numbers sound very low...unless you're building bare bones and/or building a giant house with lots of dead space to spread out the higher costs (kitchens/bathrooms/millwork/etc) more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.