Big 12 City Expected to Host 2034 Winter Olympics

1,314 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Big 12-0
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://apnews.com/article/olympics-winter-salt-lake-2030-2034-ioc-e7da1e36b747395f2417b5e8c1d33088

Just a shoo-in of course with local expertise and infrastructure. Getting Utah, Colorado, Arizona and Az State was probably an unparalleled signature achievement for the conference.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
SJEAg
AG
Seems like they practically have to beg cities to apply these days for Winter Olympics. Feel like the bid process used to be a real competition...but I guess the complete financial failures of Sochi and Beijing has changed things. Need to find someplace that has the infra in place in a locale that would probably attract a US TV audience better.

Or maybe Summer has always been the real prize. But even then, LA getting it again so soon felt odd. Were other US cities even interested?

UTExan
I think Colorado Springs at some point. But we've got the graft down. Palms are greased. Cannot wait for Olympic ceremonies with the Big XII logo on the field.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Big 12-0
UTExan said:

I think Colorado Springs at some point. But we've got the graft down. Palms are greased. Cannot wait for Olympic ceremonies with the Big XII logo on the field.

That'll be TOO SUPER DUPER SUH-WEET!

With our total track and field dominance, maybe Lubbock will be in the running for a Summer Olympics. Marathon around the Loop, golf at the Rawls, swimming at the Clapp pool.
TXAGBQ76
AG
and watch folks go '...WHOOOO..." LOL!
UTExan
Big 12-0 said:

UTExan said:

That'll be TOO SUPER DUPER SUH-WEET!

With our total track and field dominance, maybe Lubbock will be in the running for a Summer Olympics. Marathon around the Loop, golf at the Rawls, swimming at the Clapp pool.

I actually envisioned the Goin' Band from Raiderland showing up at the opening ceremonies of the Olympics since they have enough members to field an army battalion. You know, give the Olympics folks a taste of the American West with Spanish-themed music they likely won't hear at Winter Olympics normally. New Spain encompassed Utah, Arizona, California, NM, Colorado and Texas as well as the Philippines, from which Mexico received its coconut palm trees.
I am sure the sports luminaries from China, Russia, Mongolia, France, Norway, etc would benefit from exposure to Lubbock's culture and grease the skids for a Summer Olympics there.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! Hopefully they will forgot about the mariachi band from std land and pass out std test and penicillin kits.
Muy
AG
The Big XII and Olympics have a lot in common.

- At one time they were considered top tier sports
- Tons of hype but just a big letdown
- Expensive to hold it together
- Rapid decline in fan interest
- Lots of condoms needed
Big 12-0
Muy said:

- Lots of condoms needed

Indeed!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.