*****Tiger*****
107,202 Views | 1147 Replies
PJYoung
6:18p, 8/1/15
In reply to Tony Franklins Other Shoe
quote:
quote:
My honest opinion is that he shoots even par tomorrow. Just hasn't been able to string it together. But then he hasn't been hitting fairways with driver like this either. We'll see.
+3 and of course declines the after round interview so he can slink off the property.

What a monster.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
7:19p, 8/1/15
Monster? No, don't think so. Chicken ****, yeah, I think so.

So he does an interview, he struggled (sort of like Jimmy Walker), he gives a general nebulous response and then says "hey, did you see that unbelievable chip from above the green with nothing to work with? I think that will kick start my round tomorrow." End of 28 second interview.

aginlakeway
9:44p, 8/1/15
Can't he still win?
AgPrognosticator
9:56p, 8/1/15
I'm calling my shot: Tiger retires after 2016 season after playing just as poorly as he did this year.

PJYoung
12:51p, 8/2/15
5 under today thru 10
jja79
12:56p, 8/2/15
In reply to PJYoung
Sunday and out of it was when Briney Baird played well too.
HouAggie
1:56p, 8/2/15
The similarities between Tiger and Briney Baird are endless!
jja79
3:24p, 8/2/15
Eldrick surpasses 100 FedEx Cup points for the season.
Chipotlemonger
3:32p, 8/2/15
Badgers out in full force today. They were absent this whole week til the finish. Whatever floats y'all's boats.
jja79
10:42p, 8/2/15
In reply to Chipotlemonger
What does that even mean? The guy played against the JV and finished as an also ran. Also ran is an improvement for him though I'll admit. Usually he's home Friday night. As a legitimate competitor he's irrelevant.
LeFraud
11:51p, 8/2/15
So anything outside the majors, world golf championships, arnie's & jack's tournaments, and a couple of others are "jv"?
jja79
6:31a, 8/3/15
In reply to LeFraud
Did you look at the field? The Golf Channel called it a JV field.
Chipotlemonger
8:18a, 8/3/15
In reply to jja79
So you're saying if it was a varsity field we would've seen Spieth out there firing a 59 to Merrit's 61?
PJYoung
9:26a, 8/3/15
Whatever. Haters gonna hate.

It was fun for me to see Tiger hit some good shots and finally put a couple of rounds together along with a string of birdies on different days.

He is slowly coming around but unless he commits to a couple of tournaments he currently isn't committed to then we aren't gonna see him play very much in the next 5 months.
jja79
9:28a, 8/3/15
In reply to Chipotlemonger
One of the Golf Channel guys called the field the JV.

Did you look at the field? It wasn't strong. That's all I'm saying.

He's a guy who occasionally makes the cut. This week he did and on the pressure day, Saturday, he folded.
PJYoung
9:30a, 8/3/15
There is no doubt the pressure is currently getting to him. Most rounds he hits it perfectly on the range and then goes out on #1 and sprays it all over the place. It's pretty interesting to me that somebody like that still feels the pressure at this stage of his career.

I personally think he will get it together and be in contention for several wins a year starting with next season. Unless he gets injured again.
Goodfield Nohit
10:07p, 8/9/15
Tiger declined to play a solid course against a solid field this week.

Just reporting facts.
AgPrognosticator
10:18p, 8/9/15
Did he decline or did he fail to qualify?
jj9000
10:21p, 8/9/15
In reply to Goodfield Nohit
quote:

Just reporting facts.

Ummm...yeah...might want to check your 'facts'.

He didn't decline anything, man.

Yet another instance in which you show how little you know about golf.
Mr.Bond
10:22p, 8/9/15
What?
mavsfan4ever
10:39p, 8/9/15
Can we ban goodfield from the golf forum for that nonsense? This is getting ridiculous.
aginlakeway
10:50p, 8/9/15
quote:

Just reporting facts.
Idiot.
jja79
10:53p, 8/9/15
quote:

Just reporting facts.

He probably didn't think he could beat JJ Henry. That's the tournament he was qualified to enter.
AgPrognosticator
11:11p, 8/9/15
In reply to mavsfan4ever
quote:
Can we ban goodfield from the golf forum for that nonsense? This is getting ridiculous.
I've asked staff numerous times, but they don't follow through. If enough people would complain, he'd be gone...

People need to quit *****ing on the forum and just PM staff.
Unemployed
11:21p, 8/9/15
quote:

Just reporting facts.
Montreaux Golf and Country Club is such a great course that it's going to host all four majors in 2018. And guys like Spieth and McIlroy have just withdrawn from the PGA Championship. Why show up when they'll be playing for second behind JJ Henry?
LeFraud
10:06p, 8/10/15
Tiger is out on the course this week...any chance he withdraws to shy away from the competition before Thursday?

I'll wait for the facts to be reported by GN
jja79
10:27p, 8/10/15
Glutes probably won't activate after a 76. Won't withdraw until then.
HouAggie
7:38a, 8/11/15
Maybe he'll wait until Saturday, the well known "pressure day".
AgPrognosticator
8:15a, 8/11/15
GFN gave jja79 a blue star.
jja79
3:28p, 8/11/15
In reply to AgPrognosticator
What do you think is more likely? De-activated glutes and WD or makes the cut?
AgPrognosticator
6:13p, 8/11/15
Missed cut is most likely. I predict that he goes home with his tail tucked between his legs. I also think his excuses are done, for now at least.
Goodfield Nohit
9:54p, 8/11/15
He'll make the cut. All of you scrotum lickers will declare he's back. He'll shoot at 76 on the weekend to finish in 38th place, and LeFraud will tell us that he's on the right track.

I
Unemployed
10:08p, 8/11/15
quote:
He'll make the cut. All of you scrotum lickers will declare he's back. He'll shoot at 76 on the weekend to finish in 38th place, and LeFraud will tell us that he's on the right track.

I
And that's a fact, Jack!!
LeFraud
10:51p, 8/11/15
quote:

I
I amazed that there are two other posters to star your post. I mean, you can only star your own post once, so I am wondering who is actually "friends" with GN...or are they just socks?
DannyDuberstein
11:22p, 8/11/15
Don't have to be friends with GN to realize there is at least a hint of truth in there. I think its funny to watch the golf world get amped about a good round or two from Tiger only to see a needle snap-hooked into the balloon.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 19 of 33
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings