D&J Golf for sale in Bryan

6,712 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by D & J Golf
AgEngr16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.tworld.com/locations/houston/listings/profitable--long-standing-golf-store-for-sale/?fbclid=IwAR15hevCrjW8npqiosalOzWBpJM5WoN9Mz9SIo842oqnw3zlxipiJ3BqDpM&cn-reloaded=1

Wish I had a cool half-million laying around for this..
409Texag
Damn I worked for Jim my sophomore year there for a bit! Re gripped lotssss of clubs
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bought my first titanium driver there when I was about to finish grad school in 1997 - the Taylormade ti Bubble 2, which was the first titanium driver TM made. Total game-changer at the time when you really did get that extra 20-30 yards that companies are always trying to advertise. Used it for the first time at Bluebonnet. Good times!
Cru
S
DannyDuberstein said:

Bought my first titanium driver there when I was about to finish grad school in 1997 - the Taylormade ti Bubble 2, which was the first titanium driver TM made. Total game-changer at the time when you really did get that extra 20-30 yards that companies are always trying to advertise. Used it for the first time at Bluebonnet. Good times!

These were my prime years so I had to double check. 95 was the first TM Titanium driver. 97 was the TI Bubble 2.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Bought a used Adams hybrid from D&J while in school. Still have it lying around but don't remember the last time I hit it. Did hit one of my best par 3 tee shots with it at the old Bryan Muni.
EliteElectric
my first Ti driver was also bought there, get this- when it was "Pro Golf Discount" and it was a Great Big Bertha WB in 6*
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nm
Buford T. Justice
AG
Funny, I thought that they leased the store.
JB!98
AG
EliteElectric said:

my first Ti driver was also bought there, get this- when it was "Pro Golf Discount" and it was a Great Big Bertha WB in 6*
I was gonna say, "That was Pro Golf Discount!!!!" I think Jim was there during that time also. I used to comp him out at Bryan Muni for some discounts!
Big Walt Law Firm
AG
Bought my first set of used irons there in high school. Hope it continues on
MAROON
AG
They probably do. Your just buying the inventory if you pay him $350k
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
EliteElectric
JB!98 said:

EliteElectric said:

I was gonna say, "That was Pro Golf Discount!!!!" I think Jim was there during that time also. I used to comp him out at Bryan Muni for some discounts!
Yessir JB Jim and Dallis were there back then!
JB!98
AG
EliteElectric said:

JB!98 said:

EliteElectric said:

I believe you were even comped at the old muni a few times!!!!
bigfooticus
I still have this driver in my closet!
EliteElectric
JB!98 said:

EliteElectric said:

JB!98 said:

EliteElectric said:

I believe you were even comped at the old muni a few times!!!!

At least a few
Spent 200-300 rds a year there for a decade lol

Had more than a few good times with you and your little bro out there too! Fond memories
JB!98
AG
Miss you man! Hope you and yours are doing well.
EliteElectric
Same!!
klockness
AG
Just curious anyone know if they sold? I need to get by there some time.
Thisguy1
It sold last I heard. Haven't been in there lately so not sure if they've changed anything.
Straight Talk
AG
Institution. Talked with him 2 months ago. Happy retirement.
inozips
AG
Liked Jim a great deal. Bought T-Barry knickers from them in "daze" gone by". Used to play a few rounds with Jim & David Hogan at Briarcrest. Both good guys. Dallas always struck like he was Eeyore. Wish them the best...
ukbb2003
If it sold, then the new people need to update the website. It still says it is for sale and the listing is still active on Bizbuysell.
D & J Golf
Made an account to say, no, it hasn't been bought yet.
Big Walt Law Firm
AG
D & J Golf said:

Is the business still for sale? Drove by the store today and was curious.
D & J Golf
Big Walt Law Firm said:

D & J Golf said:

Is the business still for sale? Drove by the store today and was curious.

Yes, it's still for sale.
benstrom2021
Hey guys! My name is Benjamin Stromberg, I am the founder and CEO of GolfRoots. I founded GolfRoots in my Corps of Cadets dorm room in 2020. We bought our first clubs from D&J golf back in the day and y'all even gave me a 10% discount on used clubs given that I was there every other day buying inventory! Today, we are one of the fastest-growing companies in the golf industry and have the largest social media following of any US-based company in this space. Our whole mission is to make golf more accessible and affordable.

We are very interested in buying D&J Golf. It would be full circle for us and we would love to help you move into retirement while knowing that the business you worked so hard to create is being sold to a company who is Aggie owned, that you helped get started, and who is making golf more accessible to the masses.

We also would prefer to work directly with you rather than through a broker to get you the maximum agreed-upon amount!
D & J Golf
I remember you. The best way is through the broker. We are contracted for a few more months to pay him so might as well let him do the work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.