Has Driver Season claimed any lives?

5,947 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by agracer
Straight Talk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best $250.00 or less driver for senior?
GigEmJake17
AG
I'm gonna upgrade to the G430 10k next year when the new model comes out. Lots of great reviews on it.
AgfromHOU
AG
If you know someone who works in education, military, or is a first responder, I can help you get 15% off at TaylorMade
AggieDruggist89
AG
GigEmJake17 said:

I'm gonna upgrade to the G430 10k next year when the new model comes out. Lots of great reviews on it.
Aint nothing wrong with GMax 400 and 425. I doubt 430 is any better.
AggieDruggist89
AG
AgfromHOU said:

If you know someone who works in education, military, or is a first responder, I can help you get 15% off at TaylorMade
Can I just flash my Government Badge (Dept of Public Health) or Hospital badge?????
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

GigEmJake17 said:

Amen.

Other than the sound…
AggieDruggist89
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

GigEmJake17 said:

Amen.

Other than the sound…

I lost all my hearing hitting Nike Sumo and SQ 20 years ago.
AgfromHOU
AG
Probably. It's through ID.me. Go to the bottom of TM's page, click on Our Offerings, then ID.me and see if you qualify.
Danny Vermin
Finally decided to get a new driver after 15 years with my Hogan a couple of months ago. Went with the Bomb Tech 4.0 and I absolutely love it. It's added 30 to 40 yards when I hit it right.
1208HawkTree
AG
AggieIce said:

I still play an M4… is that bad?

I'm still rocking the SLDR that TM gave me.
Buck Compton
AG
I now see what I've been missing all these years.

Went with the Cobra DarkSpeed LS 8* with an extra shift shaft. Titleist was a close second on the sim, but I was destroying the ball with the Cobra, hitting it straight.

Time to retire the Nike Sumo and the Titleist 910!
Duckhook
AG
Had a Callaway fitting day at my club about a week ago and pulled the trigger on an Ai Smoke Max D. 10.5*. Graphite Design Tour AD HD-5 stiff shaft. Replacing a TSR4.

Man are drivers expensive now, especially adding in the cost of the upgraded shaft. Had a lot of pro shop credit that is going to cover most of the cost, thank goodness. Fitter did a good job of finding something where the numbers looked good, and then fine-tuning shaft and head settings to make them progressively better. Should get it this week.
FTAco07
AG
I got fit a month or so ago and replaced my Cobra F9 Aldila Rogue Elite Green. The new big stick is an Ai Smoke Max 9* with a Ventus TR Blue. The new driver is night and day better for me. I have added 10-15 yards on center strikes and even more on mis-hits.

My numbers were close between the Callaway and the Cobra Darkspeed, but the Cobra spin numbers were a bit lower than ideal. I am a big believer in this year's driver offerings!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Edit: apparently I replied to the same post some time back. Doh.
Muy
AG
No, I love my G425
E
AG
I went in for a fitting last month at Impact Precision and walked out ordering a new TSR3 with Tensei Pro 1K Orange shaft....

Wife is wondering why im eating alot of instant ramen this month....
DargelSkout
AG
I'm about to buy one of those off a friend. That's as close to new as I'm going to get, since I just got new irons.
MCPO_Aggie
I've played golf since high school (early 1990's) and recently had my first fitting session. I took the opportunity to do the weekend we played baseball in Arlington. I went to the PGA Golf superstore and they were running a 50% off deal. I had every intention of buying the new Callaway Smoke driver. The fitter had me hit that, the new Taylor Made, a few others and the Ping G430. Ended up getting the G430. I hit all of the drivers pretty well but the G430 was the most consistent. I also got the G430 3 wood. I've been a Callaway guy most of my life but I'm
really impressed with these 2 Ping clubs and will eventually get the Ping irons. One of the plusses for me is that Ping uses just a few different shafts. From the fitting, I know that the shaft for me is the Alta CB, extra stiff.

So, did marketing get me? Kind of...it got me to the store but I left with a completley different club than what I had planned to get. The lesson for me is that I should have gotten fitted a long time ago. My drives are insane now. I went last week and hit fairways on all but 1 hole and had several drives over 320 yards.
DargelSkout
AG
Didn't you know, this is Texags, we all hit our drivers over 320.
MCPO_Aggie
Lol, should have figured. I'm 50 years old and hitting the ball longer and straighter than I ever did in
my 20's. Golf has always been fun but really enjoying going to the course this year.
CyclingAg82
AG
Yep, bought the TM Qi10 9 degree 5S Ventus shaft. Love it, the sound, distance is not appreciably different from the Stealth 2 plus (was looking to change because i was not happy with the stock Kai Lai shaft), but very happy with purchase. Love the sound.
CFTXAG10
AG
I picked up a "new to me" Rogue ST Max over the weekend on callaway pre-owned ; ready to get out and put some miles on it
Trinity Ag
S
Rather than driver hoe'ing last week I took one of my extra shafts, cut it down to play at 44", and added a heavier weight to the TSR3 head to see if that would help with my waywardness.

Seems to have had no effect at all on distance -- still hitting it ~260 carry.

Accuracy is tough to assess. Seems better, but hard to judge on 6 swings a round.
Duckhook
AG
Got my new Ai Smoke Max D that I was fitted for. A couple of rounds in so far. Let's just say my final satisfaction with it is TBD. It does take the right side out of play. It looks and feels different than what I'm replacing, so I'm still giving it a break-in period.

Keep your eye on the Classifieds.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Duckhook said:

Got my new Ai Smoke Max D that I was fitted for. A couple of rounds in so far. Let's just say my final satisfaction with it is TBD. It does take the right side out of play. It looks and feels different than what I'm replacing, so I'm still giving it a break-in period.

Keep your eye on the Classifieds.

Draw bias much ? Username checks out !
1208HawkTree
AG
SLDR is gone, finally. G430 LST now in the bag as of today.
Baby Billy
AG
I never play the biggest, most forgiving driver that a company offers but I got the Ping g430 Max 10k a couple weeks ago and it's the best driver I've ever hit. It's significantly better than the g425 LST I was hitting last year and runs laps around the Qi10 I had in the bag earlier this year.
CCred92
AG
Baby Billy said:

I never play the biggest, most forgiving driver that a company offers but I got the Ping g430 Max 10k a couple weeks ago and it's the best driver I've ever hit. It's significantly better than the g425 LST I was hitting last year and runs laps around the Qi10 I had in the bag earlier this year.
Same here
AggieDruggist89
AG
I bought a G400 Max off a buddy for $250 in 2019 or 20.

Known as GMax, It was the most forgiving driver head I've ever used. Paired with UST ProForce V2 (this is an old shaft and cheap but still around with a different paint scheme), I didn't need to search any more.

But the hosel cracked. Ping sent me a replacement for free. 2 years ago, another crack showed up between the face plate and base. Ping sent me a G425Max for free. I'm still using it. Hope it doesn't crack.

For me, G400Max was easier to swing and just as forgiving or more than G425 but I'm splitting hair.

Haven't tried 430.
BigHitterDaLama
AggieDruggist89 said:

GigEmJake17 said:

Ping G400 still in my bag. Hard to beat it.
agracer
AG
DargelSkout said:

Didn't you know, this is Texags, we all hit our drivers over 320.
Esp. if you're 50!

Or Rory Mcllroy

Quote:

After all, the further a player drives the ball, the more distance he will lose after the rollback. According to the PGA Tour website, Rory McIlroy, a key figure who supports the change, is at the top of the list for the 2022/23 season with an average driving distance of 326.3 yards.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.