Women's Amateur at Augusta National

2,235 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jonj101
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone got their tickets yet? Is there an email sent out notifying us that they have been shipped or is just come in the mail?
bagger05
AG
I don't believe there is a shipping notification and the delivery window is pretty close to the event.

I never received mine last year. I called the ticket office and let them know what happened. They had some tickets waiting for me at the ticket office just inside the gate. As you might expect from Augusta it was a first rate experience.

I didn't get tickets this year but I seem to remember the expected delivery date was maybe the week before the event. Felt like it was REALLY late.
Prexys Moon
AG
would be a great way to see the course. Which honestly is all I really care about at this point. I'd rather see this tournament and walk all over the course than pay a ton and fight the crowds for the actual masters.
jonj101
I havent received the tickets yet either. Agree with the previous comment - I enjoyed the practice rounds I attended at the Masters, but I'm looking forward to this event and enjoying the course.

At the same time, I think there are three Ags in the field so I'll try to catch them as well.
jelfag06
AG
Have not received mine yet but can't wait to go! Playing Aiken Golf club on Thursday and then Augusta CC Friday. Have heard from a couple of folks that this tournament gives you the opportunity to walk the whole course if you choose.
Yesterday
AG
Sounds like a great opportunity but nothing beats Augusta on a Thursday during the Masters.
Aggie Therapist
AG
No need to downplay our experience and vacation sir!
Yesterday
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

No need to downplay our experience and vacation sir!

Was responding to the downplay of the actual Masters but you're right. My comment doesn't help anyone here. My apologies and have a great time. It's an amazing place!
bagger05
AG
jel***06 said:

Have not received mine yet but can't wait to go! Playing Aiken Golf club on Thursday and then Augusta CC Friday. Have heard from a couple of folks that this tournament gives you the opportunity to walk the whole course if you choose.
It's awesome.

I walked the entire course 1 to 18 first thing in the morning. You have to plan this out a bit. Get a map that shows where crosswalks are and make a plan over some cheap and delicious concessions. With very little exception you can get a good view from every tee, every fairway, and every green.

When the tournament was over, I walked around for another half hour revisiting some of my favorite spots. I basically had the place to myself. It was awesome.

The energy is nowhere close to what it is for the Masters, but I think the ANWA is a better way to see the course.
KCup17
AG
I'll also add that the Champions retreat course where they play the first 2 rounds is really nice as well. Went out and saw the ANWA in 2022 and was really impressed. Obviously it's nothing like Augusta National but still a really fun experience.
alloutdoors89
AG
No tickets here yet either. Been watching close! Got Wednesday tickets in 2015, cant remember if they came through the mail or fedex. Also, will be looking for one more ticket, does anyone know about what one will cost the day of outside the gate? If available. Thanks
Aggie Therapist
AG
No tickets today either
alloutdoors89
AG
Just arrived! Really need one more if anyone has an extra
Aggie Therapist
AG
Just checked my mailbox and empty

Maybe soon
jonj101
Got mine in the mail. Looking forward to it.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Are they in a clearly marked ANWA envelope?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Tickets came in
jonj101
Just want to share a brief/obvious note that I overlooked - it turns out for the ANWA tournament day at Augusta National cameras and cell phones are not allowed on the grounds.

While this is normal for tournament days during the Masters, I previously went on practice rounds when they were allowed, and for some reason was thinking the ANWA would be more like the practice round rules. But it makes sense its not since those are broadcast days.

I may be the only one that overlooked that, but wanted to point it out just in case.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.