Pine Ranch Golf Course

6,419 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by RogerFurlong
Pignorant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone heard where this will be located?

Q&A: Scottie Scheffler talks return to TPC Sawgrass, pickleball, 'bad' ball striking and first course design project - PGA TOUR

"PGATOUR.COM: Tell us about the golf course project.

SCHEFFLER: It's called Pine Ranch. It's still being developed. It's a totally new course east of Dallas. Chet Williams is building it. He did the re-do of Royal Oaks. That's how I got to know him. When he was coming over to Royal Oaks to come up with some ideas, he wanted to chat with me, and so we went around the golf course and he brought it up. I was like, "Yeah, sure, I'll think about it." And then Randy (Smith, Scheffler's longtime coach) knew the guys who were setting it up. We went out and saw the property and we were like, "Wow, this is really cool." And then decided to get involved."
TecRecAg
AG
Expect it to be near Tyler
Pignorant
AG
Quite a few golf developments popping up over North Texas and East Texas.

-Discovery Land Company 18-hole golf course and housing development in Aledo

-Freestone Golf and Lake Club on the site of Fairfield Lake near Corsicana

-36 hole destination golf resort north of Nacogdoches

-Pine Ranch near Tyler
KC_Ag14
AG
Pignorant said:

-Pine Ranch near Tyler

Tell me more about this resort coming north of Nac. Haven't heard anything about it.
beb06
AG
Pignorant said:

-Pine Ranch near Tyler

Are you referring to Kelly Ranch near Aledo? That's not a discovery land property I don't think.
Pignorant
AG
Mike Keiser (Bandon Dunes) is developing resort in Nacogdoches.

Courses are already under construction.
Pignorant
AG
Different development I believe.

Discovery Land course does not have a name yet.
beb06
AG
Pignorant said:

Different development I believe.

Discovery Land course does not have a name yet.

Interesting, thanks!
KC_Ag14
AG
Whoa. Keiser's group hasn't missed on anything they've done to this point. Is there a name associated with it yet? Trying to research it.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
You got a name for this resort?
Pignorant
AG
It doesn't have a name yet.
Pignorant
AG
There has not been any press yet.
KC_Ag14
AG
You've got me searching the tax rolls now lol. Do you know specifically the location or just generally north of Nac?
Pignorant
AG
I only know what I've already shared.
RogerFurlong
TecRecAg said:

Expect it to be near Tyler
I've heard rumors of this being near garden valley north of Tyler.
CuriousAg
Whoa whoa! What do you know that us simpletons don't.
TMfrisco
AG
I believe Kelly Ranch near Aledo has been shelved - at least the original operator is out. Water issues I think.
The Discovery Land project is nearer to Granbury if I'm not mistaken.
beb06
AG
Potentially at Veale Ranch maybe? I see some job postings online that indicate Discovery might be doing a project there. Or maybe they just have some offices there.
TheRatt87
TMfrisco said:

I believe Kelly Ranch near Aledo has been shelved - at least the original operator is out. Water issues I think.
The Discovery Land project is nearer to Granbury if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct on the Discovery project.

On Kelly Ranch, the original course developer/owner/operator and the first replacement course developer/owner/operator (Escalante) are out. But word is a second replacement will be named. Golf course is integral to the development, so if the development as a whole is going forward, the golf course will be built.
bagger05
AG
Can't find any news of any Kesier activity in Texas.

If they were doing anything in Texas I can't imagine why they'd treat the PR any differently than what they've been doing with Rodeo Dunes.

Plus it seems like it would be VERY different from any other location they've done. Everything they've done so far has been links golf. Not sure East Texas has suitable dirt for it (I'm no dirt expert). Of course part of the formula used to be "next to the ocean" so maybe they're expanding their thinking.

Really hope this is true but at present I am skeptical.
CuriousAg
Pignorant seems to know something we don't. Maybe he can share a little more color on his source
Pignorant
AG
bagger05 said:

Can't find any news of any Keiser activity in Texas.

If they were doing anything in Texas I can't imagine why they'd treat the PR any differently than what they've been doing with Rodeo Dunes.

Plus it seems like it would be VERY different from any other location they've done. Everything they've done so far has been links golf. Not sure East Texas has suitable dirt for it (I'm no dirt expert). Of course part of the formula used to be "next to the ocean" so maybe they're expanding their thinking.

Really hope this is true but at present I am skeptical.

I was shown pictures of the East Texas courses under construction with Mike Keiser, Bill Coore, and Ben Crenshaw on site.

The property is actually very sandy.

PR could start to leak after the Masters, but that is just a guess.
bagger05
AG
Man oh man that'd be sick.

I always think of East Texas as very muddy -- of course I don't know much about soil.
William Larue Weller
AG
beb06 said:

Potentially at Veale Ranch maybe? I see some job postings online that indicate Discovery might be doing a project there. Or maybe they just have some offices there.

This is correct
Agthatbuilds
KC_Ag14 said:

You've got me searching the tax rolls now lol. Do you know specifically the location or just generally north of Nac?

South east of Mt enterprise.

It's happening. Already money being spent by nac people building homes near it, from my sources.
Agthatbuilds
bagger05 said:

Man oh man that'd be sick.

I always think of East Texas as very muddy -- of course I don't know much about soil.

East texas has potential to have absolutely world class and gorgeous courses. Big trees, water, rolling hills.

I will be interested in who is staffing this resort though
KC_Ag14
AG
Sweet! Can you confirm that it's Mike Keiser's group, Dream Golf Resorts? This new place being private would be against their traditional model. Bandon Dunes and Sand Valley are public golf resorts. Still pricey, but not private.
bagger05
AG
Pretty sure Keiser's kids have taken over the operation.

My buddy and I sat next to them at the Pacific Dunes restaurant one night. I wanted to go say hi but he talked me out of it because he wasn't convinced it was them.
cab559
AG
Man this would be awesome. My family has about 135 acres with a small house just north of Nac. Would make me travel up there more.
EastTxAggie05
AG
There is a 400-600 acre tract in mt enterprise area that is suppose to be home to a 36 hole destination type resort.

Have a friend with a deer lease adjoining the property. They have already started clearing out timber, and site work.

Not sure why they chose mt enterprise other than low price per acre.
Pignorant
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Sweet! Can you confirm that it's Mike Keiser's group, Dream Golf Resorts? This new place being private would be against their traditional model. Bandon Dunes and Sand Valley are public golf resorts. Still pricey, but not private.
It's going to be public.

bagger05
AG
EastTxAggie05 said:

There is a 400-600 acre tract in mt enterprise area that is suppose to be home to a 36 hole destination type resort.

Have a friend with a deer lease adjoining the property. They have already started clearing out timber, and site work.

Not sure why they chose mt enterprise other than low price per acre.

Historically they've made selections based on topography and the soil. They like building on dunes and they don't like moving a bunch of dirt.

Man this is exciting. I love me some Dream Golf.
EastTxAggie05
AG
Friend was doing dirt work on the mt. Enterprise place from december- march. It abruptly stopped since early march. He didn't know why, but the project manager told him sometimes they are waiting on more funding, or sometimes they get to a point in land clearing that gives them a red flag and they stop and sell it all.

He said the amount of work he did in 3 months. He cant imagine them stopping. He hauled in base rock for roads z cleared potential fairways, burned, destumped fairway locations, etc. .... he had the gps , topography with the 36 holes and condo locations.

Hopefully work gets going again soon.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I wish the aerials on Google/Apple maps were updated frequently enough to see this.

There's also the Hal Sutton project somewhere around Columbus (Darmor Club) that you can't see anything on that sounds interesting as well.
Legend
AG
Any updates on any of these. I have always thought the DFW area was lacking places like bluejack or boot ranch.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.