Starr Hollow
1,125 Views | 6 Replies
MAROON
10:21a, 3/19/24
Anyone ever had the chance to play there? Looks like I might get to play there in a few weeks. Had never even heard of it, but it looks really cool.

Starr Hollow Golf 5717 Starr Hollow Ct., Tolar, Tx 76476 (254) 834-3464
bagger05
1:45p, 3/19/24
I've heard it's pretty exclusive. Seems pretty awesome. Make sure you report back.
GDP
6:35p, 3/19/24
It is a great 9 hole track.
Usually you must be a friend of the Leonard family in Ft. Worth to be a member.

Great burger. If it is not crowded (hardly ever is) try to buzz around and play 27 or 36.

Bring a fishing rod too - might be the best private lake in that part of Texas.

A great experience.
bagger05
7:47p, 3/19/24
In reply to MAROON
If you're looking to bring a friend let me know
turfaggie24
10:29p, 3/19/24
This place is on my bucket list. One day!
"Anymore questions you wanna ask?"-John Wayne

bmn04
9:49a, 3/21/24
It's a fun experience. Was in great shape when I played there in the fall. Short course but makes you pay if you miss the fairway. Not a difficult course at all. There was no one else there while we played, and it was dead quiet on the course (no cars, animals, anything else). Have fun!
MAROON
2:06p, 4/14/24
So to circle back on this. Got the chance to play Starr Hollow this past Friday. We started off with great cheeseburgers in the golf shop/restaurant. Fantastic staff and service. It was actually a busy day at SH. There were two other groups playing that day.

Course was a gem. Short but the greens were severe of you were on the wrong (high)side.

Course condition. Tee boxes were a little thin due to all the shade from the trees. Fairways were great. Greens were not fully lush as I suspect they had not yet filled in from the winter. But the greens were tough. If you had a downhill down grain putt you were basically screwed. Like putting down your driveway. Uphill was much slower and manageable.

Unique collection of holes and the different tee boxes really made a few of the holes seem much different.

Loved every moment I was there. A Texas Treasure.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings