Starr Hollow

1,072 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by MAROON
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever had the chance to play there? Looks like I might get to play there in a few weeks. Had never even heard of it, but it looks really cool.

Starr Hollow Golf 5717 Starr Hollow Ct., Tolar, Tx 76476 (254) 834-3464
bagger05
AG
I've heard it's pretty exclusive. Seems pretty awesome. Make sure you report back.
GDP
It is a great 9 hole track.
Usually you must be a friend of the Leonard family in Ft. Worth to be a member.

Great burger. If it is not crowded (hardly ever is) try to buzz around and play 27 or 36.

Bring a fishing rod too - might be the best private lake in that part of Texas.

A great experience.
bagger05
AG
If you're looking to bring a friend let me know
turfaggie24
AG
This place is on my bucket list. One day!
"Anymore questions you wanna ask?"-John Wayne

bmn04
AG
It's a fun experience. Was in great shape when I played there in the fall. Short course but makes you pay if you miss the fairway. Not a difficult course at all. There was no one else there while we played, and it was dead quiet on the course (no cars, animals, anything else). Have fun!
MAROON
AG
So to circle back on this. Got the chance to play Starr Hollow this past Friday. We started off with great cheeseburgers in the golf shop/restaurant. Fantastic staff and service. It was actually a busy day at SH. There were two other groups playing that day.

Course was a gem. Short but the greens were severe of you were on the wrong (high)side.

Course condition. Tee boxes were a little thin due to all the shade from the trees. Fairways were great. Greens were not fully lush as I suspect they had not yet filled in from the winter. But the greens were tough. If you had a downhill down grain putt you were basically screwed. Like putting down your driveway. Uphill was much slower and manageable.

Unique collection of holes and the different tee boxes really made a few of the holes seem much different.

Loved every moment I was there. A Texas Treasure.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.