Any Pine Forest CC in Houston Members Here?

854 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DRE06
DDub74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If so, thoughts on club? I'm thinking of joining and know some members and have played it a few times.

With most clubs in Houston now at $50K or more, PFCC seems like a good deal a the time. 27 holes. Other amenities. And redoing course currently over next 3 years.
jja79
AG
Limited experience but I always enjoyed going out there where to play or just hang out. If I still lived in Houston it would be one I'd definitely check out.
DRE06
AG
Been at Pine Forest for 7 years.

The good:
- Normally 27 holes to play means you don't play the same 18 holes all the time
- Course is very walkable if that's important
- Golf events are plentiful and fun (Monthly MGA tournaments, Annual Member-Guest is fantastic, Member-Member tournament, Beer & Burger Par 3 tournament, and many more)
- Huge influx of young members over the past 5 years
- Super laid back membership where you can just hang out and not worry about the older members being *******s
- 5 new lighted pickleball courts with large green space for kids to play
- Great resort style pool with splashpad for families and kids
- Good events through the year for families (breakfast with santa, breakfast with easter bunny, great July 4th pool party and firework show, crawfish boil, memorial day pool party, etc.)

The not so great:
- The next 2.5 years is going to suck due to course renovations. We are essentially at full membership but now down to only 18 holes. The open 18 holes is getting too much play and the tee times are harder to get, although still easier than that of Lakeside
- Because most of the members don't live in the immediate area (a lot of members from Spring Branch/Memorial, Katy, Cypress, & Heights), the evening social scene is a little lacking compared to clubs where members live really close by and decide to head up to the club for a happy hour or dinner
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.