Golf Club at A&M

1,495 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by DannyDuberstein
bowhuntr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can anyone speak to current conditions? Daughter has an upcoming tournament and I'm reading not so great things online about the course. I am hoping the winter rains have it in better shape now.
dcrewint
It's doing alright. Greens had a little bumpiness and top dressing to them this past weekend. I imagine they punched them 2 weeks ago? no problems with fairways. They've grown the rough up quite high in some spots. It's really the course's best defense since you can spray tee shots on quite a few holes and still be ok. There's some balding, but from what I recall it was generally off the fairway. Greens were still on the quick side, but there were 25-30 mph gusts last Sunday.
oldag00
AG
I play there regularly and as recently as last weekend.

The course is in relatively good shape coming out of winter. Fairways are good. Sand bunkers can be inconsistent, although they have renovated many of them over the past ~9 months. As mentioned above they tine punched and sanded the greens ~10-15 days ago. Last Sunday they didn't "look" great, but they rolled well.

When is the tournament?
bowhuntr
Thanks for the replies - tournament is next Sunday, April 14th. Super slow greens are what I generally worry about because our home greens are faster than the average public course. Sounds like they are quick enough.
bowhuntr
Course was in decent shape. Bunkers needed a little TLC. I would say the bones are good and the course could be really nice if they wanted to make it so.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Played it Saturday AM. Agree that it's in solid shape. Greens are decent. Didn't have issues with the couple of bunkers I got into. Fairways and teeboxes fine too. Not perfect but very solid
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.